PDA

View Full Version : wtf PartyPoker gave someone my street address?!??!!?

Maulik
09-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Lee Finkel: i emailed partypoker
Lee Finkel: and asked who the registrant of that name was
THE SaNtINi: and they gave it to you
Lee Finkel: yep

Photoc
09-21-2005, 06:36 PM
There is nothing in this post that makes any sense.

If your subject is true, why don't you just contact them regarding it?

This is not the customer service forum guys, this is for internet gambling.

Maulik
09-21-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing in this post that makes any sense.

If your subject is true, why don't you just contact them regarding it?

This is not the customer service forum guys, this is for internet gambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you know this. I have 2k posts, so obviously I'm aware too. So, I'm sharing this with you.

Photoc
09-21-2005, 08:48 PM
You're taking someone's word for it without contacting customer service is my point. That's what it sounded like from the OP. When you have solid proof, like a letter from Party support stating they did that, then post it please. I'd love to see why they did it as well.

Cartridge
09-21-2005, 08:49 PM
this proves alot, i think ill close my party account right now.. thanks for sharing

lozen
09-21-2005, 09:13 PM
Party Poker is based in Canada. What they did is now a serious crime in canada under the privacy act. You could file a comaplaint with the Privacy Commision.

Deathbear
09-21-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker is based in Canada. What they did is now a serious crime in canada under the privacy act. You could file a comaplaint with the Privacy Commision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Canada? Aren't they in Gibralter?

Jimbo
09-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Never happened, next thread please.

jrbick
09-22-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Canada? Aren't they in Gibralter?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. not close.

Swedebubba
09-22-2005, 02:14 AM
Party did this to me too. Unfortunately they gave it to someone I gave a bad beat too. I was at work and the dude came to my house. My brother answered the door and this big ugly dude slappped him around like a prison bitch.

I got a good laugh about it (my brother is still pissed) but that ain't right giving out your address like that.

MicroBob
09-22-2005, 02:19 AM
party is not based in Canada.
Are you just making stuff up?

Guthrie
09-22-2005, 02:25 AM
Don't ever google your phone number.

Zygote
09-22-2005, 02:39 AM
their gambling license is hosted by a Canadian native community. i think thats what he's refering to.

Orpheus
09-22-2005, 04:23 AM
Gibraltar is a British Territory. Though Great Britain has been known, in the past 25 years, to hold some territories (or even particularly persnickey British isles, like the Isle of Man) outside some restrictions in its commercial law (e.g. free trade zones), EU data privacy laws generally apply there, and would treat this as a serious violation.

Of course, I don't live there, and only know what I read.

mackthefork
09-22-2005, 04:28 AM
Yes you are right, they would be extradited to the US for this, auf wiv iz 'ed. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mack

kylma
09-22-2005, 04:34 AM
Many people have given me death threats.. And threatening my mum, too. Latest was yesterday, when I raise the flop with A2s after hitting two pair.. A5o cold calls, and calls all the way, and I receive another death threat.

Now since my address goes public, I will have to live in constant fear.. Also, never ever give out your mum's maiden name as a 'security answer'. They can eliminate me, but my mum deserves to live