PDA

View Full Version : Am I getting soft?

deception5
09-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Villians are relatively unknown but seem rather aggressive. However I've only been at the table for around 10 hands.

Thought I'd try some Party 3/6 6-max since the games are supposed to be good and I can get rakeback which I can't on Stars. The crazy aggression in some of these games is something I'm not used to.

So here's the hand.

Hero is dealt 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and raises UTG. LP villian 3-bets, BB calls, hero calls.

Flop is T /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet, LP raises, BB 3-bets, I fold.

CourtJester
09-21-2005, 05:57 PM
I can only think a call is in order if its one back to me, after that and a c/3bet folding doesnt seem week at all, just hope this goes to sd and take notes on villains

Vote4Pedro
09-21-2005, 05:59 PM
w/o reads I'm folding for sure...and it would take one hell of a read to continue

09-21-2005, 06:02 PM
I fold this.

numeri
09-21-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The crazy aggression in some of these games is something I'm not used to.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yikes - me, too. Is this typical? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

If so, I'm definitely staying at 1/2 for a while. I have a lot to learn. I'm assuming you would have won the hand, but damn that's a lot of aggression.

car ramrod
09-21-2005, 06:16 PM
To answer your question, no.

I fold here. But it is BB that we are worried about, more so than the LP pfr.

UATrewqaz
09-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Easy easy fold, LP has shown nothing but strength and can easily have an overpair.

BB probably has KT or QT or JT.

This is a reverse implied odds problem (SSHE).

1. You have a marginal made hand that very well may not be best.
2. If you are best you have very little chance to improve.
3. If your opponents are behind they have lots of outs against you.

fold all day.

deception5
09-21-2005, 06:18 PM
This is pretty much what I thought, but then I wondered, how likely are my opponents to have a T and how often a better pocket pair? Would a default opponent think AK is good on this board? 77?

deception5
09-21-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yikes - me, too. Is this typical?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure yet /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming you would have won the hand, but damn that's a lot of aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, LP had A4s and BB had A8o. They slowed down on the turn and I wasn't quite sure if they were just loony or if I needed to start value raising AK on these sorts of boards /images/graemlins/wink.gif

09-21-2005, 06:24 PM
They would but you cant know if they have that or JJ or A10.