PDA

View Full Version : A9o push Q.

Ortho
09-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Hello,

This is a Party $11. I've just moved from Stars and I'm getting killed at the Party $11s. I think it's because the players are looser about calling all-in, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I have no real reason to wonder about this push, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I have pushed about 4 times in the past 2 orbits, always with a premium hand, but haven't been called or shown down a hand. Does my bad table image plus the fact that it's A9 and I have almost 6xbb mean I should fold this. My feeling is that it's too much hand to pass up here.

Button and SB are timid-they'll want a decent pair or an Ace bigger than mine to call. BB is somewhat looser but not insane. I think he might call with a weak ace, I'm not sure about something like QJs.

7-handed. Blinds are 75/150.

UTG(253), UTG+1(700), and MP(1855) all fold. I'm in the CO w/A/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif and 830. Behind are Button(922), SB(425), and BB(3015).

An easy push here?

Edit: Forgot to include my stack size.

Steve
09-21-2005, 06:00 PM
So I guess you have about 830 chips. Whether or not to push it depends totally on your read of the BB. If you think he'll only call with Ax or stuff like KQ, QJs, then it's a fine push. If he's going to call you with any better than average hand then it is borderline.

Ortho
09-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Yes, sorry. Forgot to include my stack size. Edited it in.

OatmealJoe
09-21-2005, 06:08 PM
I'd push. There is 225 in blinds there and I only have 830. I'd push now while I still have some fold equity.

Ortho
09-21-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I guess you have about 830 chips. Whether or not to push it depends totally on your read of the BB. If you think he'll only call with Ax or stuff like KQ, QJs, then it's a fine push. If he's going to call you with any better than average hand then it is borderline.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain what you mean by "better than average"? I ask because Id've put stuff like QJs into that group. Are we talking like JTs? I can't recall seeing anyone call a push with something that weak, but the play is tighter at Stars and I've just started at Party. Having a bit of difficulty figuring out what to expect in terms of hand ranges. Surely we're not talking about something like T9s...