PDA

View Full Version : Saranac beers

Skjonne
09-21-2005, 05:07 PM
I just purchased five beers from the Matt Brewing Co, Uthica, US that I've never seen in Denmark before. They're all in the 'Saranac' series

Black Forest
(Traditional) Lager
Pale Ale
Black & Tan
Adirondack Lager

Q: What can I expect from these beers? Am I in for a treat?
Q: What does Saranac mean?
Q: What's Adirondack?

Cheers

MrWookie47
09-21-2005, 05:15 PM
1. They're decent beers. You won't need to change your pants after drinking them, but they're far and away better than anything that ends in "Lite."

2. Saranac is where they're made, which is (3) in the Adirondak Mtns.

Slow Play Ray
09-21-2005, 05:18 PM
"Forget about the pretty girl, a Saranac will do just fine..."

kenberman
09-21-2005, 05:19 PM
I went to school with a girl from this Matt family, and she was a treat!

yeah baby

InchoateHand
09-21-2005, 06:39 PM
They are a standard "big" little brewing company in Eastern NY/Western New England.

They are tasty, consistent, and over here cheap. Much nicer than bud/miller/pisswater, but nothing "special."

Of course, you might find you really like them. When I was in college we used to buy the mixed sampler pack.

They are no longer brewed in Saranac, mostly its in Utica, the armpit (or [censored]?) of NY.

Saranac Lake is a gorgeous, gorgeous lake in the Adirondack Mountain range, much prettier than Lake Placid.

smb394
09-21-2005, 07:36 PM
They're decent beers for what I remember them costing during college (18ish per case or $40 per keg in central PA). The flagship lager: you either like it or you don't. Some of the stuff in the variety pack is very good.

Extra points for the moe. reference. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Skjonne
09-22-2005, 03:07 AM
Thanks all. Of course, I could have Googled some of the information, but normally OOT is just more precise than Google /images/graemlins/smile.gif

They were actually very cheap by Danish standards. DKK 10 ($1.60) for a bottle of beer from around the globe is acceptable.

I'll write a short trip report, when I've had the goodies