PDA

View Full Version : TP/BK in the BB

bosoxfan
09-21-2005, 04:21 PM
First hand at the table.

Party Poker .5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, 3 folds, MP2 calls, 2 folds, Button calls, 1 fold, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.5 SB) Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif (4 players)
Hero bets, UTG raises, MP2 calls, Hero?

Do I even call this how do I continue if I do call?

Off-topic: Am I the only one too dumb to get the converter to work? I delete Texas and the extra space and still can't get it.

bozlax
09-21-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (4.5 SB) Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif (4 players)

[/ QUOTE ]

Call. Call a non-heart turn, bet out a non-heart river.

09-21-2005, 04:52 PM
I hate my play but I check call it down the whole way if the other player dont start raising.

aces_dad
09-21-2005, 06:56 PM
This is the line I would choose as well.

CourtJester
09-21-2005, 07:13 PM
call down, and try the converter next time as it highlights bets and is a lil easier to read. Donkbet if u pair your kicker on turn or river.

09-21-2005, 07:16 PM
I call and check/fold the turn UI, and take notes on how everyone played it if it goes to showdown.

I'm actually quite surprised that everyone wants to see a showdown with this hand. Against loose passives I have no problem value betting TPWK flop,turn, river. But we have a pretty crappy hand here, and IMO we are toast way too often.

bosoxfan
09-21-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and try the converter next time

[/ QUOTE ]

The end of my post was me being to dumb to use the converter

09-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Did the button fold? I call the flop raise and depending on the turn card check/call or check/fold. There are tons of cards that could beat you and those players could be on either straight draws or flush draws. If a heart or an overcard falls, I would ditch the hand. If a J, T or 8 falls you have a tougher decision, but I would probably still drop it. Not because I expect them to have made a gutshot or open ender necessarily, but the chance you are outkicked plus the draws on the board with several people in the hand just point to a weak hand. That means I'd only continue unimproved with a non-/images/graemlins/heart.gif queen or a non-/images/graemlins/heart.gif card 7 or lower on the turn.

If one of the bricks fell on the turn, I might be more apt to calling a single bet on the river even if it was a scare card.

Disconnected
09-21-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Call. Call a non-heart turn, bet out a non-heart river.

[/ QUOTE ]

If our plan is to bet out after two blanks fall, why would we want to check the turn, and risk giving a free card? Not saying it's wrong, just want to understand the thought process behind.

I'm assuming that you recommend leading a blank river in case the raiser is on a draw (as I assume the cold-caller is as well). Would your line change if the raiser folded everyone out?