PDA

View Full Version : video game suggestion

sublime
09-21-2005, 04:19 PM
for play station 2. here is my bio:

get bored easliy

last game i played till completion was splinter cell (original) like it

own GTA SA, but get bored by its slowness
like sports games, but have a habit of getting bored with these also. would going online with madden leauge solve that? i have a cable connection, what would i need?

Phoenix1010
09-21-2005, 04:27 PM
God of War. Nonstop action.

TheWorstPlayer
09-21-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WackityWhiz
09-21-2005, 04:31 PM
madden online is 10000 x better than just playing the computer... but it can be very frustrating. Especially if you play me in rushing attack /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

sublime
09-21-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
madden online is 10000 x better than just playing the computer... but it can be very frustrating. Especially if you play me in rushing attack /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

are thier leauges online? what do i need to buy?

as for god of war, is there something simaler, but you know, actually 'war like'?

Phoenix1010
09-21-2005, 04:56 PM
PS2 war shooters are mostly boring, although you could get the latest Socom and probably not be disappointed. There are also two sequels to Splinter Cell.

manpower
09-21-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a fabulous, fabulous game. But it's got low replay value, so you might just want to rent it from blockbuster and abuse their return policy.

TheWorstPlayer
09-21-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a fabulous, fabulous game. But it's got low replay value, so you might just want to rent it from blockbuster and abuse their return policy.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is true and it took me less than 48 hours to beat the game, so rental might be the way to go. It is an incredible game, though.

Mason Hellmuth
09-21-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Does not compute. Splinter Cell is ten times "slower" than GTA.

But if you liked Splinter Cell, you might enjoy Metal Gear Solid 3. Very similar sneaking action, with a much better story.

sublime
09-21-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Does not compute. Splinter Cell is ten times "slower" than GTA.

But if you liked Splinter Cell, you might enjoy Metal Gear Solid 3. Very similar sneaking action, with a much better story.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it does sound odd, but it is true.

Klepton
09-21-2005, 06:15 PM
i opened this thread up planning to say God of War.

it's really fun. trust me.

sublime
09-21-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i opened this thread up planning to say God of War.

it's really fun. trust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, ok. definitly a blockbuster rent (and dont return for a while?) i will play it, but am still kinda busy and not game 'freak' for lack of a better term.

cdxx
09-21-2005, 06:50 PM
MGS3 is awesome. much better than splinter cell.

[ QUOTE ]
not game 'freak' for lack of a better term.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, dude, 'freak' is not the preferred nomenclature. Gamer (Gamer-american or Gamerican), please.

p.s. preemptively apologizing for the lameness of this post.

Macdaddy Warsaw
09-21-2005, 06:54 PM
I really like the Incredible Hulk as a rental. Fast-paced and you get a shitton of abilities that make it fun to play for a while. Also, difficulty is about right, with some pretty swell boss battles.

Mason Hellmuth
09-21-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
p.s. preemptively apologizing for the lameness of this post.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not necessary, well done. I strapped on my lollerskates.

MrTrik
09-21-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Replay value is quite good actually. After finishing the game you can do the Challange of the Gods. This is no easy thing and will require you to learn more and become better and better to beat.

Then, assuming you didn't try god mode right off the bat, you can beat it that way and only the best will accomplish this.

There is plenty of unlockable material that is good at each step ... beating the challange of the gods and god mode.

Unlockable costumes that change the game.

Best 'action' game on the PS2 ever.

wonderwes
09-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Burnout Revenge

Just came out last week. I know its a racing game, but this is actually one of the better racing games out on the market.

manpower
09-21-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Replay value is quite good actually. After finishing the game you can do the Challange of the Gods. This is no easy thing and will require you to learn more and become better and better to beat.

Then, assuming you didn't try god mode right off the bat, you can beat it that way and only the best will accomplish this.

There is plenty of unlockable material that is good at each step ... beating the challange of the gods and god mode.

Unlockable costumes that change the game.

Best 'action' game on the PS2 ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh, I did not know that. Guess I'll have to rent it again. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif