PDA

View Full Version : 2-4 hand 10 10. Is it good?

09-21-2005, 03:15 PM
What do you make of my opponents check on the flop does it indicate two overs to you. Do you think my tens might be good. If he is rerasing he either has a pair or ak maybe aq. The other possibility is trip jacks but I find it very strange that he would check kk qq aa on this flop.
HaYNMusic: posts small blind $1
kukubyrd: posts big blind $2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to <font color="red"> Hero </font> [T /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
<font color="red"> Hero </font> : raises $2 to $4
SilverReef: folds
taylorcd: calls $4
HaYNMusic: raises $2 to $6
kukubyrd: calls $4
<font color="red"> Hero </font> : calls $2
taylorcd: calls $2
*** FLOP *** [5 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
HaYNMusic: checks
kukubyrd: checks
<font color="red"> Hero </font> : checks
taylorcd: checks
*** TURN *** [5 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] [4 /images/graemlins/club.gif]
HaYNMusic: bets $4
kukubyrd: calls $4

SeaEagle
09-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Bet the flop. You're ahead on most of the time here and you can't wait around for one of the 22 cards in the deck that'll make you afraid on the turn.

You don't give a read on sb, but in a 5-handed pot he's 3-betting with overcards or a smaller pair a lot less often then he's 3-betting with JJ-AA (and checking the flop).

Given how you played it, I'd be raising the turn and taking a free showdown. You can safely fold to a 3-bet, but it's really unlikely you're against a flush (or a FH) and I'd say you're ahead at least half the time.