PDA

View Full Version : A pair of Eeegahs on the button

benkath1
09-21-2005, 03:10 PM
UTG is a complete moran. I'd seen him cold call with KK and cap with 97o. I give him little or no credit for a hand.

UTG+1 is relatively unknown.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

That part I hated. Absolutely hated. But let's move on.
Turn: (11.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

ooo. This part I liked. Gutshot, str8 flush, and check check to boot. I'll take that free card.

River: (11.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero???

hmmmm. No one bet the flush, UTG likes to get tricky, is a raise in order? If 3-bet do I cap?

Eeegah
09-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Your flop sucks. Learn to flop quads, then try this hand again.

Vote4Pedro
09-21-2005, 03:27 PM
Id have folded the flop. I dont think 16.5:2 is good enough considering all your redraw outs are filthy at best. BTW, one Eeegah is bad, two Eeegahs are evil...

09-21-2005, 03:52 PM
I liked your play up until the river. This is how I would have played the river.

I raise;expecting UTG to 3-bet. If UTG+1 caps I call expecting to lose(but the pot is too big). If UTG+1 calls the 3-bet, I cap.

Wizard0965
09-21-2005, 04:08 PM
I muck with two to me on the flop, you hit Q for low end str8 and anyone with an A takes it down.

POKhER
09-21-2005, 04:17 PM
This is how i, My .50/1 Newbie self Plays it.

Flop, Im folding 16:2 back to me with 22:1? and a WEAKASS Q out(Lose to a Ace). A Really really low BDFD.

River:
Raise it up,

UTG: I smell a flush from him the most if anyone. Looks like he may have set up the turn C/R and got screwed but UTG+1!

UTG+1:AQ gives him a better straight so when you raise call a 3bet from him.

So Call a 3bet, i wouldn't cap as you could behind a straight(Scary flush kept them calm) or a flush(Failed C/R on turn).

Edited: Clear up, was messy(er)!

KeysrSoze
09-21-2005, 04:26 PM
I fold flop. What could the raiser possibly have that you beat besides an outright bluff-raise with 88&lt; and what draw do you think you have that 8:1 is worth continuing (You're on the ass end of a straight draw and hitting a 9 fills up someone with the queen)?

As for the river I think raise/call 3 bet, not sure.

09-21-2005, 04:36 PM
solid advice; didnt think about the implications about the lower end straight.

Redd
09-21-2005, 04:37 PM
I absolutely hate your flop call dude. How often do you think a queen will actually improve you to the best hand here? The way it went down I'd still fold the river.

POKhER
09-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Post deleted by POKhER

Vote4Pedro
09-21-2005, 05:39 PM
If I happened to make it to the river with this hand, I'm calling a river bet for sure...I think folding the river is more questionable than calling 2 on the flop

POKhER
09-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Just deleted my post, but you beat me to it.

I realise we have UTG acting after us with a possible straight (AQo).

However i still think i call and fold if UTG/UTG+1 kick off.

benkath1
09-21-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I happened to make it to the river with this hand, I'm calling a river bet for sure...I think folding the river is more questionable than calling 2 on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

OK my flop call was fuc ked up. I guess I was wondering if you'd cap the river with this hand.
Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (11.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB

<font color="#FFFFFF">Results in white below:
UTG has 8s Kc (two pair, kings and eights).
UTG+1 has Jd Js (three of a kind, jacks).
Hero has 9c 9d (straight, jack high).
Outcome: Hero wins 20.25 BB. </font>

Vote4Pedro
09-21-2005, 05:48 PM
No way

TredWel
09-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Fold the flop.

Raise the river, call a three-bet. My best guess is that UTG+1 has a weakly played JJ or TT, and UTG is allergic to money.

Watch out for snakes.

POKhER
09-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Wow didn't expect those hands (Preflop action, although the UTG Capping smelt like "they'll cal it anyways SO I WILL INSTEAD").

but thats about it!

Good stuff i won the pot with my posts too(Although expecting to lose on the last call)

Redd
09-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Whoa, I totally misread the river card, I thought you had a 4-straight. I call the riv to get an overcall from mr. donktacular and to not get 3-bet. Unless villain has a set or something.

benkath1
09-22-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No way

[/ QUOTE ]

way. Paradise 1/2 is hella soft. Makes Party look tighter than a nun's tang.

benkath1
09-22-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow didn't expect those hands (Preflop action, although the UTG Capping smelt like "they'll cal it anyways SO I WILL INSTEAD").

but thats about it!

Good stuff i won the pot with my posts too(Although expecting to lose on the last call)

[/ QUOTE ]

I was quite shocked too. I've decided recently when someone shows weakness on the turn I'm gonna take advantage when I can. I was thinking I was 50/50 to win this one.

Yerma
09-22-2005, 12:35 AM
I wonder why noone noticed that you should be folding this preflop?

Weatherhead03
09-22-2005, 12:52 AM
Because you shouldnt..

I would be more tempted to call this PF rather than 3-bet and hope that the blinds come along. If even one of the blinds come along I think we easily have enough odds to hit the set or bet out the low ragged flop.

As for the flop. Easy fold. River:raise and call 3-bet.

jaxUp
09-22-2005, 12:57 AM
I read this post just to learn what Eeegahs are.

Redd
09-22-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an easy pf 3-bet IMO.

trainslayer
09-22-2005, 05:12 AM
I hate these situations. With the patterns so far I find it hard to put either villian on a hand. I think I just call here hoping that its not 3bet back to me. I think I'd have to fold to the 3bet.

My gut tells me we're good or at least splitting. But what do we do if it comes back 3bet? I think if you plan on call/call 3bet you have to raise here because if you call the 3bet back you'll also have to call the cap. A raise here might stymie the agression if one of em doesn't have the nut flush.

ughh, i feel sick

tiltaholic
09-22-2005, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't call it an easy pf 3-bet.
I'd say it was good, but not for new learners.

I'd three bet here almost always given the reads.

Paradigm
09-22-2005, 03:38 PM
i would have raised the river, but then again, i wouldn't have even been there after it is 2 bets to me on the flop.

3-betting on the button here is standard, right?

dethgrind
09-22-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean 88 is definitely a reraise, and 77 might be?

dethgrind
09-22-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What specifically about the reads makes this automatic for you?

An unknown player has raised from early position. Does the fact that the idiot has already limped in really overcome the fact that you're likely far behind UTG+1's range? I like a 3 bet if perhaps UTG+1 was a solid player who could be trying to isolate the donk, but you have no reason to believe this.

For anyone wondering, SSH says 3 bet only AA-TT and AK from late position, unless four people have entered the pot ahead of you.

09-22-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What specifically about the reads makes this automatic for you?

An unknown player has raised from early position. Does the fact that the idiot has already limped in really overcome the fact that you're likely far behind UTG+1's range? I like a 3 bet if perhaps UTG+1 was a solid player who could be trying to isolate the donk, but you have no reason to believe this.

For anyone wondering, SSH says 3 bet only AA-TT and AK from late position, unless four people have entered the pot ahead of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think SSH assumes reasonably legitimate opposition. Your position and MR DONKHEAD's dead money more than make up for any deficit you give away to UTG+1.

BWWIK