PDA

View Full Version : 5/10: Aces slowplayed

HoldEmKillah
09-21-2005, 03:00 PM
Last night on Party. CO is ULTAlag, something (57/28/2). Button is also lag but not as off-the-wall as CO. He's 37/16/3. I remember his name from playing with him a few times before. He has reraised preflop a couple times to isolate CO and the majority of the time is making CB bets at the flop but gives up after getting called. CO and Button have been mixing it up together quite a bit and might as well get a table of their own. I'm not exactly sure how they preceive me. I've raised quite a bit and have played plenty of pots because I've gotten great cards (I'm probably like 40/15/3) but have only shown down maybe 1 or 2 hands in the hour I've been here.

Does anyone like cold calling preflop here? I was thinking of just calling again on the flop and either potting or checkraising the turn all in because the board is so dry. But again, I only have 1 pair.

So all in all I don't think he's very strong...smells like AK to me (could be a mid-pp) but I wanna get more money in here and don't wanna donk it.

What to do?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">MP ($0)</font>
CO ($3415.99)
Button ($1937.20)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($1211.50)</font>
BB ($426.11)
UTG ($234.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $120</font>, Hero (poster) calls $115, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $90.

Flop: ($370) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">

LuvDemNutz
09-21-2005, 03:15 PM
I am personally not a big fan of playing AA OOP against two oppponents with a wide range of holdings - but I do understand why chose to just smoothcall PF.

How about a flop min-checkraise and weak-leading the turn?

If you smoothcall the flop - what's you plan on the turn if CO comes along too? I think checking again on the turn in this case is bad, bad, bad because Button isn't going to fire again with a whiffed AK against two players here.

HoldEmKillah
09-21-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what's you plan on the turn if CO comes along too? I think checking again on the turn in this case is bad, bad, bad because Button isn't going to fire again with a whiffed AK against two players here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. On the same type of flop, lead for 2/3 pot.

xorbie
09-21-2005, 03:59 PM
I like leading this flop to get a call from CO if he has a reasonably decent PP.

rwperu34
09-21-2005, 05:04 PM
I'd go ahead and stick it in here. There are plenty of hands you beat that will call. Especially since you haven't been showing down many hands. In theroy they know they are playing aggro, so they know players will play back with less than premium holdings.

If you call there will be AT LEAST $770 in the pot with you having a little under $900 behind. You are commited at this point no matter what card(s) comes off. That will also create a $900 call into a $1670 pot for your opponent. Real tough to get away from an overpair there. Not a lot of cards can hurt you on the turn, but you are taking a real chance of letting a free one come off in a situation where your opponents might not put any more money in unless they hit two pair or better. The sooner the money goes in the better. If you think the button is more likely to pay you off if you miniraise, then take that route. A mini raise or a push probably won't affect the decision of CO.

My default line would be to push.

HoldEmKillah
09-21-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That will also create a $900 call into a $1670 pot for your opponent. Real tough to get away from an overpair there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I lay queens down to a c/r push after my opp cc'd a reraise out of the SB. Anyway, I cr'd to $600 - which is essentially a miniraise - and he folded. I only had $500 or so behind after the raise so I was pot-committing myself on purpose and trying to give a great price to call my turn push. I think this was the best line but I wanted to see how others would play it.
Thanks.

rwperu34
09-22-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That will also create a $900 call into a $1670 pot for your opponent. Real tough to get away from an overpair there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I lay queens down to a c/r push after my opp cc'd a reraise out of the SB. Anyway, I cr'd to $600 - which is essentially a miniraise - and he folded. I only had $500 or so behind after the raise so I was pot-committing myself on purpose and trying to give a great price to call my turn push. I think this was the best line but I wanted to see how others would play it.
Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I assume you also fold QQ if your opponent CR to $600?

fsuplayer
09-22-2005, 10:42 AM
nice play pf, now lead at that flop. god its a perfect spot for that.