PDA

View Full Version : OT: How athletic are you?

valenzuela
09-21-2005, 03:00 PM
Please answer...This poll was also made on the sporting events forum.
How athletic are you compared with ppl of your age and gender.
EDIT: on the sporting events most ppl answered they were really athletic, so if I do the poll here I will know if ppl werent honest evaluating themselves.

hmkpoker
09-21-2005, 03:29 PM
How can we honestly identify what percentile we're in if we don't know what we're up against?

valenzuela
09-21-2005, 04:48 PM
ure up against...ppl of ure same age and gender. Anyway I screwed up I shouldnt have said the purpose of my post, because now ppl wont want to lie. On the other side I didnt want the thread closed..

Jacob_Gilliam
09-21-2005, 05:15 PM
To all the people who say that they're in the top 20%, I don't usually see a lot of buff poker players.

Aytumious
09-21-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To all the people who say that they're in the top 20%, I don't usually see a lot of buff poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being in the top 20% isn't exactly a huge feat when you consider just how many people are terribly unathletic, uncoordinated, and out of shape.

mr_whomp
12-04-2005, 10:05 AM
its not asking about pure physical fitness, but also athleticism which includes hand-eye coordination, agility etc. anyways i put myself down as top 20% because im a varsity athlete at my uni.

hmkpoker
12-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Give us a little more concrete understanding of what it means. Are we talking about how long you can run without getting tired? How fast you can run a mile? How much you can bench press? What?

12-04-2005, 11:54 AM
By the results, we're either a bunch of fat slobs, or people are misunderestimating the meaning of percentile.

Great poll /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Duke
12-04-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please answer...This poll was also made on the sporting events forum.
How athletic are you compared with ppl of your age and gender.
EDIT: on the sporting events most ppl answered they were really athletic, so if I do the poll here I will know if ppl werent honest evaluating themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Define athleticism.

~D

valenzuela
12-04-2005, 03:59 PM
You should ask that to the guy who did the original post on the sporting events forum :-p

Landon_McFly
12-04-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Being in the top 20% isn't exactly a huge feat when you consider just how many people are terribly unathletic, uncoordinated, and out of shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

gamblore99
12-05-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People who visit the sports forum are probably more into sports, and thus more athletic than people in this forum.

valenzuela
12-05-2005, 02:00 PM
so you would excpect lower reuslts here, right? If the same high results occured here, then that would mean those results are inconclusive.