PDA

View Full Version : Thailand Update

KJS
05-09-2003, 04:13 AM
2+2ers,

Just in case anyone is heading to SE Asia soon I thought I drop a note to say I am still in Thailand, one of the only SARS free countries in the region.

I started my first Thailand job this week. I am now working as an editor at a magazine on Burma and Asia which was founded by Burmese democracy advocates in exile. If anyone wants to know what is going on in one of the worst military dictatorships on earth, check out www.irrawaddy.org. (http://www.irrawaddy.org.) You might even see a byline by yours truly soon. I am hoping to head to Burma in the next couple months to chase down some stories.

The mag is based in Chiang Mai, in the North of Thailand. The wife and I just got a sweet pad near the mountains just outside of town. If we could only find a couple more poker players here maybe we'd host a home game. Until then, I guess we'll stick to spending our baht on Thai rummy (which is quite fun).

Hope all is going well with all 2+2ers, wherever you are.

KJS

HDPM
05-09-2003, 10:58 AM
Good for you. It's great to hear from you. If you are writing I expect more frequent updates. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif I will check out the online mag from time to time.

Careful over in Burma.

andyfox
05-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Nice to hear from you, KJS. Take care, please.

Regards,
Andy