PDA

View Full Version : Any comments?

avandelay
05-09-2003, 03:53 AM
3/6 hold em B&M

Game is loose and not quite passive but not aggressive either

I am in MP with J:spade Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

two limpers to me, I limp, MP raises, all call

Flop comes 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif A /forums/images/icons/club.gif

checked to me, I check, MP bets, two callers, I raise, MP re-raises, two limpers fold, I call

Turn K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif I bet, MP raises, I call

River: blank I check, MP bets, I call

He turns over A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif for the nut flush.

Could/should I have played this any diferently? My only thinking was that the pre-flop raise meant either AA, KK, or AK. When the K fell on the turn I was thinking perhaps AA with the /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Any comments?

Bob T.
05-09-2003, 04:04 AM
You played fine. He had a better hand at the end, and you lost about the minimum.

There are only two places that I think that you could have played differently. First, you could have raised preflop, and that might have made the A9 fold his hand. On the other hand, do you really want to raise this hand with two players already in, I might do it with one in, but with two in, I think that a call, letting as many others in, and hoping to get a draw with good odds, is probably best.

The only other place that you could have played differently, is you could have either three bet the turn, or bet out on the river, both of those plays would have cost you more money in this case, so I think that it is safe to say, no you really couldn't have done anything differently.

hutz
05-09-2003, 08:05 AM
I probably would have lost more on this hand by 3-betting the turn. If re-raised, I'd have called it down. If he just called, I would have bet the river and likely paid off if he were smart enough to raise.

Schmed
05-09-2003, 08:26 AM
preflop I normally would call that raise with that hand.

Flop I would have probably just bet rather than check raise. I do sometimes raise with a flush draw and over cards if I was bet in to by the bettor on my right. That way I make other over cards draw for more money.

Outside of that I dunno how you could have played it differently. You didn't want to give the dry ace a free one on the turn so you bet.

rigoletto
05-09-2003, 08:37 AM
I like Bob's suggestion of calling the turn and betting out on the river. His play is consistent with holding the A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif with a big kicker. You are going to call the river anyway, so you might aswell bet out. Only very tricky players would raise the river here without the nuts.

Nottom
05-09-2003, 10:38 AM
Flush over flush hurts, especially when you hold the 2nd nuts.

Pre-flop: seems fine

Flop: I don't think I would go for the check-raise here, since there is a good shot at a re-raise with an Ace out there against a pre-flop raiser and you don't want to push out the other callers.

Turn: Well at this point your just kind of screwed. I would have lost alot more chips here since I would have capped it here everytime.

River: I would have lost more chips here too.

Bob T.
05-09-2003, 11:59 AM
A lot of players didn't like the checkraise here, but I did. The preflop raiser, is on your left. You can't bet out, because if he bets, then everyone that is in the pot is facing a double bet. If you allow your Left hand opponent to autobet the flop, then you can trap them for two bets on the installment plan. When the raiser three bets the flop, a lot of the time, those that called one bet will chase, because they already put money in on this street. If it was still four handed when it got to me after the reraise, I probably would have capped it for value with my draw. Unfortunately, in this case, Sobedude was drawing almost dead.

Nottom
05-09-2003, 12:07 PM
If it wasn't an ace, I would probably agree. I also think the raiser should have probably just called seeing as he had top pair and a good draw to the nuts and should still be working on building the pot here rather than forcing people out.