PDA

View Full Version : getting a nano

asofel
09-21-2005, 02:42 PM
I've decided to get one of the new Apple iPod Nano's. I am faced with a very serious question. If yes, I'll need appropriate ideas. SIIHP, YSSCKY, and other standard replies need not...um...reply...

RunDownHouse
09-21-2005, 02:48 PM
The only reason I could think of for doing this is anti-theft. I don't care enough about anything to want it engraved on my iPod, and its a lot closer to lame than it is to cool.

By the way, is it black? I was told that all the cool kids have black ones.

chuddo
09-21-2005, 02:49 PM
just a quick headsup.

i ordered my black engraved nano on the 13th, with estimated arrival of the 20th.

still haven't gotten it because it has been held in customs in shezhuan china for the past week, and it is still there in limbo.

i talked to the fedrex international people today and they said it was because of some numbers not matching up with the documentation apple sent with a batch of engraved nanos.

i have also spoke with apple about it today, and they said it was a big gay situation and they are trying to get it taken care of. basically the young girl was saying "the stupid chinese screwed everything up."

i received a $25.00 concession off of my ipod bill, but i am still pretty chapped about it. particularly because they couldn't give me an estimate on when it will be taken care of.

but all my bitching aside: go ahead and get it engraved. it is free, and it customizes it. just hope you don't get shafted like myself.

Reef
09-21-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only reason I could think of for doing this is anti-theft.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, my ipod says: Reef's Pod

jakethebake
09-21-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does it matter if its black? You sound like you could definitely be a racist. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

asofel
09-21-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does it matter if its black? You sound like you could definitely be a racist. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bet he thinks it steals the mp3's as well.

canis582
09-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Oh, i thought a nano was something you got after a massage.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-21-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only reason I could think of for doing this is anti-theft. I don't care enough about anything to want it engraved on my iPod, and its a lot closer to lame than it is to cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
I concur. I'll also add that I'd wait until the next gens come out. 4GB is great for a player this size now, but I'm going to wait to buy my next DAP until there's a player this size that holds at least 20GB, if not more like 40GB, and I don't think it will be that long of a wait.

Voltron87
09-21-2005, 03:04 PM
my engraved nano came very quickly, fortunately i havent had chuddos problem. i had "voltron" engraved on it and my initials on line 2.

manpower
09-21-2005, 03:33 PM
If you get it ingraved, don't put your name on it. That's lame.

Instead go with something fun and creative like, "2+2music", "Hendrix Rules", or "/images/graemlins/heart.gif Mom". Which would be way sweeter than having the lameass name your parents gave you.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-21-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
would be way sweeter than having the lameass name your parents gave you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing your name is something like Francis or Merill. No?

asofel
09-21-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
would be way sweeter than having the lameass name your parents gave you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing your name is something like Francis or Merill. No?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking "A gift from us. --The fish" BIMO? SCKM? OMGBBQ?

Shajen
09-21-2005, 03:48 PM
I play goot.

chuddo
09-21-2005, 03:54 PM
my engraving, as lame as it is, is:

' don't be a chud
donkeys always draw'

one of my friends is simply:

' badass
motherfucker'

and another's is "I LOVE FAT CHICKS!"

dtbog
09-21-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SIIHP, YSSCKY, and other standard replies need not...um...reply...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not just engrave it with "SIIHP"?

I like the 'gift from the fish' idea, too... I agree with all of those who voted for yes engraving, no first name. (I don't mind nicknames or initials as much.)

To be really cool, you should engrave it with something completely random.

"Bicycle hat"
"Terra lantern"
"Home cut"

IndieMatty
09-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Spending any effort on trying to come up with something cool and witty or ironic on your Nano is way lamer then putting your name.

chuddo
09-21-2005, 04:07 PM
completely forgot about an idiot friend's old engraved ipod.

last night was amazing
-love, angelina

asofel
09-21-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Spending any effort on trying to come up with something cool and witty or ironic on your Nano is way lamer then putting your name.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, hence my making use of OOT's time /images/graemlins/grin.gif

icepick
09-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Love it.

Try this (http://www.ipodlaughs.com/ipod/iengraver/) utility to preview ipod engravings.

asofel
09-21-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Love it.

Try this (http://www.ipodlaughs.com/ipod/iengraver/) utility to preview ipod engravings.

[/ QUOTE ]

thx...they actually let you preview it at the site now which is even better.

RacersEdge
09-21-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm still waiting for mine too - and I work for Fedex damnit.

I'm on a wating list at an apple store though. I wonder if I should push for a discount due to the long wait. It's been over a week now.

As for engraving, the only catch to me is it could screw up your two week refund deal. It says something about that on the store receipt.

IndieMatty
09-21-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still waiting for mine too - and I work for Fedex damnit.

I'm on a wating list at an apple store though. I wonder if I should push for a discount due to the long wait. It's been over a week now.

As for engraving, the only catch to me is it could screw up your two week refund deal. It says something about that on the store receipt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to mention that I got mine last friday, it's the tits.

SomethingClever
09-21-2005, 04:44 PM
"Warning: The size of this iPod is inversely proportional to its owner's penis size."

asofel
09-21-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Warning: The size of this iPod is inversely proportional to its owner's penis size."

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, very nice, the best jokes are always funny and true...

siccjay
09-21-2005, 05:43 PM
The Japanese mail and customs system is [censored] awful. Good luck getting your iPod soon.

09-22-2005, 06:03 AM
Buy it on eBay. No wait.