PDA

View Full Version : AA in the SB in a multiway pot

09-21-2005, 01:04 PM
I seem to have difficulty playing A-A in the SB when 2 or more players have already called the Big Blind when betting gets around to me pre-flop. On the one hand, if I raise, it is extremely likely that all players will call, except maybe the BB, making a good sized pot for everyone with a draw to chase after. On the other hand, if I don't raise, I'm giving all of these guys the chance to see a cheap flop and give the BB a free look at the flop. However, the pot is smaller and provides low pot odds for drawing hands.

It seems as if whenever I raise preflop, drawing hands hit. However, when I don't raise preflop, the BB hits the flop.

Thoughts? Comments?

crunchy1
09-21-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems as if whenever I raise preflop, drawing hands hit. However, when I don't raise preflop, the BB hits the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
Your sample size is small.

[ QUOTE ]
Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't be results oriented. AA is the best starting hand no matter what position you're in. Keep raising, 3-betting and capping PF for value with this hand from any position with any number of players already in the pot.

09-21-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts? Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy and read "Small Stakes Hold'em"

RatFink
09-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Not sure what the problem is. Would you prefer nobody limped and it was folded to you in SB so you can raise and fold out the BB?

If you were in the BB and 3 people limped in, would you raise with AA? It is no different in the SB. Raise. You aren't folding anyone out but you are making a value bet because you have the best hand.

Yes they get odds to chase. And those that connect with a draw on the flop will. Those that do not will have extra money in the middle already for you or the best draw to eventually collect.

callmedonnie
09-21-2005, 02:40 PM
I hope that the don't raise situation is only when it is folded to you. And even then, I raise every single time.

It will even out. But always raising preflop and lead out the flop will not kill you.