PDA

View Full Version : AA with 10xBB... openpush, or 5x potcommitting raise?

AlphaWice
09-21-2005, 12:21 PM
Normally I will open push good hands with 10BB or less, because obviously any decent raise will just commit myself. Now I understand that advice for higher limits recommends doing this to disguise steals from good hands. However, I play 10+1 and often my open pushes do not get called. I think it may be better to put half my stack in and then put the other half in on any flop. *(in 10+1) Is this a stupid idea or +EV?

chisness
09-21-2005, 12:23 PM
why not something like 3x? this may make a hand as weak as AT push over you

kyro
09-21-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why not something like 3x? this may make a hand as weak as AT push over you

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you're definitely making this too complicated.

ilya
09-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Against opponents who are paying little attention and don't necessarily understand the idea of pot commitment, I think a normal 3-4xbb raise is often better even if you only have 8-9xbb. I would however be much more inclined to push if I had already been pushing a lot and thought that my opponets would see my push as yet another blind steal.

valenzuela
09-21-2005, 02:42 PM
A friend has a theory that sometimes its better to bet 3/4th of ure stack to make ur oponents fold more often...I dont really want oponents folding more often...anyway why dont u do the old trick of pushing and showing.

microbet
09-21-2005, 02:47 PM
If someone acting before you gets AA, how would you most like them to play preflop (not counting folding - or telling you they have it) and how would you least like them to play preflop?

09-21-2005, 05:26 PM
I'll definitely risk giving a cheap flop to get action with aces or kings, if I lose, it happens. I'd go 2.5X the BB.

KingDan
09-21-2005, 05:35 PM
I generally push.. 12x BB is a tough situation to play post flop so I generally avoid them by tightening up a little and my better hands push.

If i have pushed some recently with 8-12 x BB , my 3xbb raise is suspicious. I may be more likely to get action by just pushing it all in.

I don't know how big a difference this makes, as the biggest factor in how much you get paid off is what your opponents have.

caretaker1
09-21-2005, 11:32 PM
Position? Blinds? Other stacks? What have you done previously in the game? Number of players left?