PDA

View Full Version : A7 turned bad (PP $11)

Huckle
09-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Ok this hand just freaked me out. Villain was kinda donkish, called an all-in with A on two-paired board then won all his chips with two rivered flushes.

5-handed
Hero (t1500)
Villain (t2500)

Blinds 75/150

My hand: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop: folded around to me on the button, I raise to 400, SB folds, villain in BB calls.

Flop comes: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet out 450, villain minraises.

Now what? I still have middle pair and the flush draw. My aces are probably outs as well since he's representing an overpair or the set.

I'm about even with any overpair, but the sets/straight/baby flush has me dominated.

I can't really see check-folding as an option. Maybe bet smaller or just push it?
Folding preflop is of course an option, but the table was pretty tight and I'd been stealing a couple of times before.

splashpot
09-21-2005, 12:25 PM
I might just push preflop. 10xBB stack is a little big to be in allin/fold mode, but I hate putting a third of my stack in with a raise. Given what you did, I'd just open push the flop.

09-21-2005, 12:46 PM
You've already committed about 60% of the your stack by this point. Folding would leave you with $650, which is 5BBs 5-handed. Unless you think the table is weak, I would rather take my chances on this hand than folding and being pressed to steal the bilnds w/ a short-stack (greater likelihood to be called, being put on a desperation raise).

Aside from just stack considerations, I think your outs are in your favor. If the villan was a good player, I might be worried about him just calling a player who raised to 25% of his stack (high pair, flopped pair w/ A or K). Given what you've said about him, tho, the hand range is broad enough to where he could be doing this with an 8 or a T (I've always found min-raises hard to read from bad players - he might be value betting, but he might also be scared of the flush!). Rough guess: 50% straight draw, 25% top pair or overpair, 15% flush DRAW (Kd or Qd) and 10% made flush. Combine these odds with the prospect of being crippled if folding and I think this is a good all-in reraise (I didn't even mention the possibility of him folding... maybe less than 1%, but I've seen stranger things).