PDA

View Full Version : Hand against a rock

SmileyEH
09-21-2005, 10:24 AM
Flop plan is to keep to keep the lead and fold the river if raised and I'm unimproved. If I didn't have the flush draw I would check call to the river than check fold unimproved. Sound good? This guys a rock I'm pretty sure of it so a 3bet is AA-JJ AK, maybe AQ.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks

I checked intending to fold to a bet. My other question is whether it's worth betting the river hoping to fold QQ or KK here?

-SmileyEH

toss
09-21-2005, 10:34 AM
I think betting the river heavily depends on whether villain will fold KK,QQ when an Ace falls on the river.

callmedonnie
09-21-2005, 12:12 PM
I like the way you played it. We know he has a big hand, and though there is a decent chance that Ace didn't help him it is hard to imagine why he would put you on it.

His calling down after your flop raise also looks to me like he either he has overcards with club. If you are right on the range, we can't beat any of his holdings. Since the only chance of winning is in a fold, I would prefer a check here rather than a bet/fold.

SmileyEH
09-23-2005, 05:20 AM
Villian checked behind with QQ, so lame.

-SmileyEH

09-23-2005, 05:39 AM
I know the board is 3-suited, but unless he's really passive he'd still 3 bet the flop with QQ or KK, especially if he has the K club. And if he doesn't have the club, but is afraid of the flush and decides to show down cheaply, he'll definitely call one more on the river, despite of the Ace. He probably has AK or AQ with a flush draw.