PDA

View Full Version : I'm losing sound

NYplayer
09-21-2005, 09:54 AM
I have plenty of memory (2gb) and just recently i've started to lose sound while playing. it seems to happen when i have a lot going. 8 tables + playeview. The two times it happened today the sound cut when when i clicked the "take me to table" button when a seat i was on a waiting list for became available. i had 4 other talbes open at the time but playerview wasn't running. all sound seems to be gone until i reboot my computer. any ideas what's causing this or how to fix it?

TheTROLL
09-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Corrupted/defective sound card drivers? Have you tried uninstalling the card, rebooting, and reinstalling fresh drivers when the soundcard is detected on startup. "Fresh" meaning download the latest from the manufacturer's site, and don't let the install wizard use the existing copies on your hard drive, tell it to copy them down from the downloaded driver folder again.

NYplayer
09-21-2005, 01:22 PM
how do i figure out what kind of sound card i have and what site to get the files from?

thanks

TheTROLL
09-21-2005, 03:51 PM
From Google - http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/spec.htm

How do I find out what sound card I have?
Go to the "Start" button, go to "Settings" then click on "Control Panel". Now double click on the "System" option in Control Panel. Go to the "Device Manager" (sometimes a button on the "Hardware" tab). You will see the specification of your machine in the "Device Manager" window. Double click on "Sound, Video and Game Controllers". You will see the make/model of your soundcard.

NYplayer
09-21-2005, 04:01 PM
ok, the new driver has been installed. so far no problems but i'll be more confident after a few days of no problems.

thanks