PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday baseball

whipsaw
09-21-2005, 08:54 AM
Who says we can't make money in the MIDDLE of the week between football games?

Texas Rangers at +158 @ LAA

I love this line, because I think it's off by a longshot. Kameron Loe has been great since beginning to start five starts ago, going 4-1 with an ERA slightly over two. This includes a couple of tough games, against CHW and on the road in MIN. Lackey got hammered his last time out, and his overall numbers against Texas aren't great (4-6, 5.63 ERA, 1.46 WHIP over 13 starts). I think this line is closer to a coinflip, so I'll take Texas and the +158.

Comments?

gjm112
09-21-2005, 09:53 AM
I agree with you that that is a good line. I think it should be around 140. So 158 is a pretty good price.

Also, you seem to be the baseball bettor that everyone looks to for advice. What kind of return do you expect over an entire season of baseball? I seem to be doing pretty good, I want to know how I compare with the average.

JTrout
09-21-2005, 10:33 AM
I put 1/2 unit on it with you.
I have no opinion on the game, but I like your analysis, I've got a new XM radio, and now I've got a reason to listen to the game on the back deck while smoking a cigar! http://forums.cigarweekly.com/images/smiles/smoke.gif

Good luck to us!

FishNChips
09-21-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I put 1/2 unit on it with you.
I have no opinion on the game, but I like your analysis, I've got a new XM radio, and now I've got a reason to listen to the game on the back deck while smoking a cigar! http://forums.cigarweekly.com/images/smiles/smoke.gif

Good luck to us!

[/ QUOTE ]

This hurts... I'm stuck at work preparing for a customer audit tomorrow and as close as I'll get to a cigar on the back deck is taking 5 minutes to check this board... {sigh}

good luck today guys!

~FishNChips

ThaHero
09-21-2005, 05:58 PM
you better be right!! I got 5 bucks on it lol jk

20Five
09-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Anyone like White Sox over the Tribe, Elarton vs Garland?

Leaning towards that, and an under /images/graemlins/blush.gif

WLC4Ever
09-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Man, as a Sox fan, I wouldn't bet someone else's money on them right now. Not because they shouldn't win, but you just don't know what team is gonna show up.

20Five
09-22-2005, 12:28 AM
Glad I stayed away... Tribe put up a nice crooked number in Chicago to take the win.. under was good though.

Hopefully we see something we like tommorow! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GrekeHaus
09-22-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Man, as a Sox fan, I wouldn't bet someone else's money on them right now. Not because they shouldn't win, but you just don't know what team is gonna show up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might consider betting on them this weekend, when they play the Twins who two days ago had Jason Tyner hitting leadoff and Brent Abernathy DHing and hitting second. Nothing like giving the most at bats to players who weren't even good enough to play on the Devil Rays!

Might want to stay away from them tommorrow though, as it's Santana who has now struck out the last 2341 batters he faced.