PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 Flopped set - get minraised and a cold caller ...

fuzzbox
09-21-2005, 05:12 AM
PP 6-max 3/6
Hero has recently flopped top set, bet full pot on flop and turn, got called by OOP dude, who then led at a 3rd flush card on river. Hero called and won.

Hero (800) is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif
Villain 1 (1.2k) is UTG and is fairly aggro
Villain 2 (350) is UTG+1 and was the villain in the above hand

Preflop
Villain 1 minraises, some callers, hero calls

Flop (45)
T/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets 40, villain 1 makes it 80, villain 2 calls, folded to hero ... whats the plan ?

flawless_victory
09-21-2005, 05:14 AM
reraise.

Python49
09-21-2005, 06:35 AM
im reraising pot.

Hattifnatt
09-21-2005, 07:35 AM
If Villian 2 had more $ reraising something around Pot is certainly the best play.

Now its a little closer but Im lean against a pot raise anyway.

ripdog
09-21-2005, 10:43 AM
You have $245 in the pot and I'm thinking that a flush draw for one or both of your opponents is likely. What else do you fear here? Well, not really fear, but you get the point.

My guess is that villain 2 is committed to the pot now for his remaining $270, so any bet I make here will assume $515 in the pot. His call of the minraise makes me confident that he's on a flush draw, he's going to the river with it, and you can't cut his odds down far enough to make it a mistake. Regardless, I don't mind getting him all-in here.

What is villain 1 raising with? I have no idea what his pre-flop minraise means. A big, suited 10 or pair of 10's? I think the pair is less likely and that you're way ahead of him most of the time.

I bet $270 and move in if villain 1 re-raises.

fuzzbox
09-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Pot is 240 when it gets back to me. I have to call 40 to complete, which would make it 280. A pot raise would be 280 more, making it 360 total to play, aka - half my stack.

Would this raise amount be real obvious ?

I decided to push - figuring that 360 was pretty much the same, but 360 kinda showed more strength than a push.

Unfortunately villain 1 folded, but thankfully villain 2 called with his flush draw and missed, but I filled up anyway and MHIG.

Is there any line that could get villain 1 involved deeper do you guys think, or is it just time to try to take the pot, now that its fairly big, and you expect to get called often by Villain 2 and his flush draw.

Does the fact that its fairly obvious that villain 2 has a flush draw mean that villain 1 plays differently ?

09-21-2005, 10:56 AM
I re-raise and make it $280 to go. If he has 10-10, I just have to pay him off.

09-21-2005, 10:59 AM
I don't mind your line. I don't think that I would want to play a multi-way pot here. If there is a flush draw and a straight draw out you are close to even money against the field. If you can chase out one of those hands that's better IMO.

BTW, my previous post was before I read the results.

fuzzbox
09-21-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind your line. I don't think that I would want to play a multi-way pot here. If there is a flush draw and a straight draw out you are close to even money against the field. If you can chase out one of those hands that's better IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even money in a main pot getting 2:1 is good.
2:1 (or more) in a side pot is good.

No ?

ripdog
09-21-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pot is 240 when it gets back to me. I have to call 40 to complete, which would make it 280. A pot raise would be 280 more, making it 360 total to play, aka - half my stack.

Would this raise amount be real obvious ?

I decided to push - figuring that 360 was pretty much the same, but 360 kinda showed more strength than a push.

Unfortunately villain 1 folded, but thankfully villain 2 called with his flush draw and missed, but I filled up anyway and MHIG.

Is there any line that could get villain 1 involved deeper do you guys think, or is it just time to try to take the pot, now that its fairly big, and you expect to get called often by Villain 2 and his flush draw.

Does the fact that its fairly obvious that villain 2 has a flush draw mean that villain 1 plays differently ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your push or pot sized bet tell him that his top pair is no good. I'm positive that villain 2 is coming along no matter what you bet, so if you're willing to assume that you have villain 1 killed, you could just call the $40 and wait for the turn to drop the hammer, but you probably lose him there as well. I think minraises are generally stupid, but this one did the job for villain 1. Had you just called, maybe he becomes convinced that something like TPTK is good (but I doubt it).

ripdog
09-21-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even money in a main pot getting 2:1 is good.
2:1 (or more) in a side pot is good.

No ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I want villain 1 coming in for the rest of my money here.