PDA

View Full Version : QQ call reraise in 5 10

rbenuck4
09-21-2005, 03:19 AM
Pot limit

Hero has $1580. Villain has me covered. Villain hasn't gotten out of line yet. Has folded to raises and has bet his legitimate hands. Havne't seen him turn over a bluff yet.

Playing 5 handed with Hero in BB and villain in SB.

Dealt to Hero in BB: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG raises pot to 35, one fold, button calls, Villain calls.

I raise pot to 175. Folded back to villain, and he repots it to 425. What do you do at this point.

I called and Flop came AK9 with two diamonds. Villain bets out 175 into a 900 dollar pot. What's your play?

Lucky
09-21-2005, 03:20 AM
fold

rbenuck4
09-21-2005, 03:37 AM
Preflop, flop, or both?

queenhigh
09-21-2005, 04:36 AM
his preflop reraise looks to me like 99-QQ or AK, so, depending on the player and the stacks, id probably repot preflop, as most players won't smoothcall the first time with AA/KK like he did. on the flop, unless i have a specific read, i'd call and see what he does on the turn.

rbenuck4
09-21-2005, 10:35 AM
If we each had smaller stacks, I would agree that his reraise smelled of 99-QQ or AK, but because we had such deep stacks and he is going to be playing this hand OOP, I just can't see him making this play without AA or KK. So maybe I should've folded preflop. Once he bets that small on the flop, it screams a monster. The pot is over 900, and he bets 175 into it? What could he possibly have? It has to be a set or top two. If he doesn't, and I raise, how much should I raise?

If I min raise, he might smooth call with the set or top two, and then what do I do on the turn when he bets into me again for 250.

If I raise big, I am committing myself to the hand. I think in this case, I put him on a hand and went with it (after the flop /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Huskiez
09-21-2005, 10:50 AM
This is a tough hand in my opinion. It is really hard to put Villain on a hand here. Depending on the stack sizes of Villain and UTG and the other guy, I could see Villain smooth calling preflop with AA or KK because he even though he wants to build the pot, he doesn't want to give information about his hand away.

Once you make the BB raise, it makes it easy for him to now play a big pot by getting so much in preflop. But it just seems too convenient for that to happen. So maybe it's a steal with AK (very likely) who thinks you're on a steal? Have you been reraising a lot preflop, especially OOP? He has to figure you for a pretty good hand to be reraising a UTG in the BB, but the two callers makes it possible you're on a steal and hoping UTG is just employing Shania and raising with some suited connector.

So basically, I have no idea what to do. Who knows, it might not even be either AA/KK/AK or QQ-TT/AK, but a mix of both? I personally feel the most likely hand is AK. What range of hands do you put Villain on?

On the flop, you have another hard decision. If you put him on the QQ-TT range I guess you should go with your read. I would cry.

rbenuck4
09-21-2005, 11:18 AM
I don't think I had gotten out of line yet at the table. I showed a bluff on the river that was called but with a decent starting hand (AQs), and it was also about 50 hands before this hand developed. I had mostly been picking up all the small unraised pots with bets on the flop at the table.

When I do the math, there is over 700 in the pot and its 250 for me to call preflop, so I'm getting about 3 to 1 on my money preflop, and I also have the implied odds with over 1100 left to play with after the flop. It costs me 250 and I have the potential to win 700 + 1100 = 1800, so that is close to the 8 to 1 in implied odds I need for hitting my set. The question is can I get away from the hand postflop if the flop comes all rags. If the answer is still yes, then I think I should go with my read, call preflop, and then fold if I dont hit my set to any bet.

Lucky
09-21-2005, 12:15 PM
You could fold preflop, but I prob call...If you're read is strong, and you put him def on KK or AA, fold.

It seems weak, but go with your gut. If you call and a low flop, that much tougher to get away from QQ.

outdrwn
09-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Very tough hand. Great, sophisticated players love these post oak bluffs, which makes them very hard to read. If you've been playing tight, I'd raise here just because folding a 900 pot to a 175 bet makes you look weak, and shrewd players are going to pick up that post oaks work on you, making it harder for you to really interpret this bet the next time it happens. Raise him minimum,(or a little more) and see what happens. He may interpret THIS as a monster from you, and throw away his hand, which could be legitimately better than yours. You with a min reraise(or a little more), also, your giving yourself great odds, as this play would only have to work about one time in 3 (900+175+375=1275/375=3.4) to be profitable. If he reraises you, throw your hand away, and do this in the future with a monster. If he folds, you win a hefty pot. If he calls, your still done with the hand unless you read weakness or he checks the turn, in which i'd continue with a bet of about half the pot, and see what happens.

09-22-2005, 01:24 AM
I'ld be all-in preflop. I'm pretty damn sure Opp doesn't have me beat pf because very very few would just call with AA KK after a raise and a call, practically no one. His raise smells like AK or smaller pp, push it in pf my opinion