PDA

View Full Version : Se7en

TheBlueMonster
09-21-2005, 02:18 AM
I re-watched Se7en the other night and it got me thinking. Of all the nasty deaths in the movie, which do you think is the worst based on pain and grossness?
(no one is gonna pick wrath and I guess for envy you need to use your imagination)

BWebb
09-21-2005, 02:19 AM
If lust is the one with the dead hooker, it is that one by far.

private joker
09-21-2005, 02:20 AM
Does anyone else get annoyed when people type the title for Seven with the number in place of the 'v'? I realize the marketing images used that gimmick, but it's not like it's the official title of the movie. Go look in the press kit; it's called Seven.

Just being a nit. Awesome film. I picked Lust.

Edge34
09-21-2005, 02:20 AM
The one with the dude on the bed that isn't actually dead. That's by far the worst. Sloth?

Edge34
09-21-2005, 02:22 AM
Se7en (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114369/)

Tron
[ QUOTE ]
The one with the dude on the bed that isn't actually dead. That's by far the worst. Sloth?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is obviously the worst one, Lust doesn't even compare.

TheBlueMonster
[ QUOTE ]
If lust is the one with the dead hooker, it is that one by far.

[/ QUOTE ]
that's the one. Though the doctor does say that the Sloth guy has been through more pain than anyone he's ever seen [ QUOTE ]
and he still has Hell to look forward to

[/ QUOTE ]

....one of the best lines from the film.

PITTM
09-21-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, that guy got [censored] by a sword dildo too? if so then i agree. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

rj

TheBlueMonster
09-21-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I watched the movie with my girlfriend and some of her female friends. I think Lust made them the most uncomfortable. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Tron
09-21-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I watched the movie with my girlfriend and some of her female friends. I think Lust made them the most uncomfortable. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lust definitely made me the most uncomfortable upon my first viewing, but that is only because the scope of Sloth is too large to grasp at first.

Brainwalter
09-21-2005, 02:27 AM
This movie is way overrated.

Edge34
09-21-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't like horror movies or just don't like letting yourself into a movie, or what?

As far as the modern mystery/horror movie, this one is way up there. Think about it, the fact that we're talking about it ten years after it was made is a good start.

-Skeme-
09-21-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-

Brainwalter
09-21-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't like horror movies or just don't like letting yourself into a movie, or what?

As far as the modern mystery/horror movie, this one is way up there. Think about it, the fact that we're talking about it ten years after it was made is a good start.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm only talking about it because you guys overrate it.

Saddlepoint
09-21-2005, 02:44 AM
In order, with worst first,

Sloth
Lust
Greed
Gluttony
Pride
Wrath
Envy

It's not really close between lust and sloth, and everybody saying so would take the sword dildo 100 times out of 100. I can easily imagine it making somebody more immediately uncomfortable, particularly if that someone is female. Give it ten seconds of thought, though. Not close.

private joker
09-21-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn.

"It's on the IMDb, it's gotta be true!"

zzzz

TheBlueMonster
09-21-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm only talking about it because you guys overrate it.

[/ QUOTE ]
whatever. You're in the minority. And it's not realy a horror movie per se. It's more a detective movie.

TheCroShow
09-21-2005, 03:40 AM
i vote lust, but none of us will ever know...hopefully!

TheBlueMonster
09-21-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i vote lust, but none of us will ever know...hopefully!

[/ QUOTE ]
very good point.

09-21-2005, 10:05 AM
Gwyneth got her head chopped off and stuffed in a box, that's not much fun. But the worst is the sloth followed by the girl who gets her nose ripped off.

ghostface
09-21-2005, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The box says Seven.

09-21-2005, 10:10 AM
holy motha!! diebitter haven't reply to this thread yet. i'm amazed.

Aces McGee
09-21-2005, 10:15 AM
How is lust winning? It's really just a stabbing with a twisted...um...twist. Sloth is 365 days of torture. This shouldn't be close.

-McGee

Aces McGee
09-21-2005, 10:17 AM
I also want to add that I absolutely love this movie. I was enthralled with its creativity in a way that most of my friends found disturbing. It's just a cool idea for a script.

-McGee

mslif
09-21-2005, 10:21 AM
The dildo/knife combo definitely made me chivered (for obvious reasons) but I think sloth wins. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Edge34
09-21-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn.

"It's on the IMDb, it's gotta be true!"

zzzz

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just saying, its ridiculously common. Fuggin' nit.

Vlorg
09-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Can you believe Andrew Walker the writer of this film was the main writer for the Superman vs Batman film that was shelved? I've talked with this guy and he said that there are films that he has worked on that he received NO credit that he is very proud of (Fight Club) and some films he is not so proud of that he wished he hadn't received credit for (8mm) He of course is VERY proud of Seven.

BTW he hinted that Batman won...

Vlorg

razor
09-21-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The box says Seven.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine says 'SE7EN'

Voltron87
09-21-2005, 03:37 PM
I thought this movie was really good but the ending is not a suprise at all, very predictable.

Yeti
09-21-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought this movie was really good. Unfortunately I was told beforehand that there was a huge shock ending. I spent the entire two hours trying to work out what it was. Afterwards I told everyone how predictable it was in an attempt to look smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

touchfaith
09-21-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The box says Seven.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine says 'SE7EN'

[/ QUOTE ]

2-disc collectors says 'Se7ev', but...

http://i2.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/f0/b6/fd_1_b.JPG

Voltron87
09-21-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought this movie was really good. Unfortunately I was told beforehand that there was a huge shock ending. I spent the entire two hours trying to work out what it was. Afterwards I told everyone how predictable it was in an attempt to look smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

also, i totally called what happened to trey on the OC. it was so obvious.

Phoenix1010
09-21-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The box says Seven.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine says 'SE7EN'

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine says 5373Z... ok no it doesn't.

Sloth disturbed me very deeply, way more than lust. I haven't seen the movie in a few years, what was wrath again?

private joker
09-21-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Sloth disturbed me very deeply, way more than lust. I haven't seen the movie in a few years, what was wrath again?

[/ QUOTE ]

The last two, wrath and envy, come at the end in the desert. John Doe's sin is envy, and lets Mills kill him for it. Mills' sin is wrath, but he suffers a fate worse than death, for he risks his career to commit a hot-blooded crime (by shooting Doe), and also has to live with the torture of knowing his pregnant wife's head is in a box.

TheBlueMonster
09-22-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The last two, wrath and envy, come at the end in the desert. John Doe's sin is envy, and lets Mills kill him for it. Mills' sin is wrath, but he suffers a fate worse than death, for he risks his career to commit a hot-blooded crime (by shooting Doe), and also has to live with the torture of knowing his pregnant wife's head is in a box.

[/ QUOTE ]
ever written a paper about this movie? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

JackWilson
09-22-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can remember that, but I can't remember exactly what happened with Sloth (guy was restrained to a bed for a year or something), Greed or Pride. Remind me?

theben
09-22-2005, 01:37 PM
go gluttonly!

Marlow
09-22-2005, 01:55 PM
It's Lust. And it's not even close. Do you see why?

(Jeez fellas, you all sleepin' out there?)

wrongarm300
09-22-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I have!!

TheBlueMonster
09-22-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I have!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I havn't but I took a class on the detective in film. OK prof. but awesome movies. Seven was the last movie we watched. Our paper was on LA Confidential (another amaaaaazing flick) but I wouldn't have minded a Seven paper.

wrongarm300
09-22-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I have!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I havn't but I took a class on the detective in film. OK prof. but awesome movies. Seven was the last movie we watched. Our paper was on LA Confidential (another amaaaaazing flick) but I wouldn't have minded a Seven paper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Took a "crime in film" class. Had to write about all of these movies. Seven, Scareface, Set it Off, Cool Hand Luke ... that class didnt suck

Sooga
09-22-2005, 11:46 PM
set it off? was that film any good?

wrongarm300
09-22-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
set it off? was that film any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't care for it. It would rank low on my list

iMsoLucky0
09-23-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can remember that, but I can't remember exactly what happened with Sloth (guy was restrained to a bed for a year or something), Greed or Pride. Remind me?

[/ QUOTE ]

TheBlueMonster
09-23-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Greed was the lawyer who had to cut off a pound of his own flesh. Pride was the girl whose face was cut up (and nose chopped off). The killer glued a phone to one hand and sleeping pills to the other ....either live and be disfigured or kill yourself.

yoadrians
09-23-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very underrated, actually. Should've been up for Best Picture that year instead of "Sense and Sensability", and "Il Postino" ... "Braveheart", "Babe" and "Apollo 13", of course, deserved their nominations.