PDA

View Full Version : $55 - T6 in the BB flops trips... Trying to improve my postflop play.

octaveshift
09-21-2005, 02:04 AM
Have been trying to play my OOP hands better. What do you think of this line?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

saw flop|[color=#C00000]saw showdown</font>

UTG+1 (t880)
UTG+2 (t1020)
MP1 (t770)
MP2 (t725)
MP3 (t1175)
CO (t1505)</font>
Button (t985)
SB (t695)
Hero (t1205)</font>
UTG (t1040)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
6 folds, CO calls t30, 1 fold, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t90) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t45, CO raises to t90, SB folds, Hero calls t45.

Turn: (t270) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets t90, Hero calls t90.

River: (t450) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: t450

Sabrazack
09-21-2005, 02:17 AM
Im very very confused. Are you slowplaying or are you scared of a better hand? Seems like your scared since you check/call the turn and check the river. I think you have to raise it up on the turn to get a flushdraw out, he is getting way too good odds.

durron597
09-21-2005, 02:19 AM
I like this line only if I am absolutely certain that the CO will bet the river so I can checkraise him. So I would have to have a read on him as an unusually aggressive player to do this online.

I think the way this hand played out I might check-miniraise the turn because I would just find it amusing to do so after the flop action. But I think in response to that tiny turn bet I am definitely check raising, more likely to about 300, mostly because I want to build this pot; if he calls you can lead out push the river for about the size of the pot.

If his turn bet was larger, then I might be more inclined to call and then reevaluate what to do based on the river (if a third flush card comes, another big card, if I fill up, etc.). If it blanks I would lead the river having check-called a larger turn bet.

octaveshift
09-21-2005, 02:21 AM
I thought the minraise on the flop was cause for concern.

If I lead the turn and get popped, I am not sure I can continue the hand, so I check, and see what kind of bet he wants to throw my way. It's modest, so I call and see the river.

If I lead the river and get popped, I throw up.

Weak?

bluefeet
09-21-2005, 02:21 AM
sup oct!?!?!?

i give the flush draw on the flop (i like the 1/2 "i have a flushdraw" lead)
i raise the turn - make it 250 to go...call a push
squeeze another 300 "i'm not real sure here" leading the river - call a push

bluefeet
09-21-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh...i put him on a mid-overpair, nut flush, something like that. he's getting my chips at ANY point...if he has a better 6.

09-21-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If I lead the turn and get popped, I am not sure I can continue the hand, ... Weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds weak to me. Min raise on the flop and you put him on a six with a better kicker? Don't be so paranoid for crissakes and get more chips in the pot somehow.

octaveshift
09-21-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If I lead the turn and get popped, I am not sure I can continue the hand, ... Weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds weak to me. Min raise on the flop and you put him on a six with a better kicker? Don't be so paranoid for crissakes and get more chips in the pot somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I have been accused of "bloating the pot" a few times, so I am trying to play a bit differently.

It's over-correction, I think.

09-21-2005, 03:04 AM
Nuthin wrong with reevaluating your game from time to time. Maybe -EV short term but +EV long term.

I'm sure you'll get there soon. GL and please move up from 55s soon kay?