PDA

View Full Version : Victory Poker.com LIARS

gamblur
05-08-2003, 08:15 PM
Let me give you backround,My sister was involved in a tournament at dynamite poker.com put on by these people,I believe at the time it was the most expensive {$15 buy in} ever put on at the site should tell you something anyways got down to final 9 players and their resident wiseguy said hey lets chop lol as they went on break.My sister went for input output came back and ended up winning the tournament for about $140 but only recieved a 9th of the pot because a chop and been made while she was gone! well after much yellin and cussing they resolved the deal she got her money but was blackballed from VP,well Now i got mad and every chance I got I picked at these people goated them angered them and was silented by Dynamitepoker who took my chat away so i went away for about a month. My sister told me everything was ok and she was getting along and recieving mail from Victory poker so i returned some people even stated that everything was in the past not true She found out while trying to enter a game that she is still blackballed.I am stateing thatsome not all of this group are liars con men thiefs BEWARE if asked to join and do not take Dynamite pokers word either,VERY SHAKY /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

beernutz
05-08-2003, 08:26 PM
I don't get it, why in the world would you want to continue to play at a site you've had this kind of experience with?

lorinda
05-08-2003, 08:52 PM
Beer, As I understand it, Dynamite held the tourney on behalf of Victory Poker.

If that is the case, Dynamite have removed the chat for the shouting, but Victory are to blame for the incident.

That's only how I understand it though on the info given.

Lori

gamblur
05-08-2003, 09:47 PM
no it was a dynamite tournament therte was a crew from VP there who thought they would just run over everyone and win it, even make statements we didn,t play our A game.

gamblur
05-08-2003, 09:51 PM
There are good people there and it is great for practice at lower entry fees , This VP crew is messing them up

BBill
05-09-2003, 01:30 AM
I have not been posting here much lately because the spare time that I do have goes into moderating some of the forums on the Victory Poker web-site and supporting VP the group.
I hesitate to reply to this post because, I do not with to start an argument so let me say this:
I’m sorry that this happened to your sister. The tournament incident that you are talking about was just a misunderstanding. The chop at the final table proposed by the chip leader was not a joke and everyone should have made sure they got a confirmed “yes” from all players before everyone just bet out to end the tourney. That was the mistake. Everyone kept their chop winnings and your sister was paid first place “out of pocket” by one of the Victory Poker members.
I was not involved in any member banning but I know that if there was a lot of yelling, cussing, picking and goating that entry into the VP only events would be blocked but she would certainly be able to enter any other tournaments at Dynamite Poker.
I am stating that Victory Poker is just a group of friendly honest people that like to play poker. I am also stating that Dynamite Poker is an honest site with what I believe to be the best support on the net. I also have been reminded that sometimes, gestures of generosity sometimes result in bad feelings.
Please try and look at the situation from all perspectives involved and you will see that we are not that bad !!

Thanks
BBill

edwardr
05-09-2003, 02:43 AM

beernutz
05-09-2003, 09:48 AM
You know, it is often enlightening to hear both sides of a story. Thanks for telling yours.

edwardr
05-09-2003, 11:56 AM

BellaVP
05-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Hello Everyone: I have played online poker for 4 years now. Most of the names here I reconige from poker sites. Lorinda has played on Dynamite poker before and so has a few others. VP stands for Victory Poker. We started our forum to learn about poker because alot of our players were very inexperienced. We are very honest and helpful with everyone. Check out our website. We have many different discussions there from poker tips, poker questions, poker info, jokes, off topic, politics, and photo gallery. Please stop in and visit us.
Poker online varies from site to site. Dynamite Poker has a host on site 24 hours a day to help with any problems. They have caught colluding and stopped it. They have Kayworks and Playin4Keeps there as hosts. Most of VP came there during beta testing and stayed because of the friendly staff and honesty of the site. Page host with any problem and they step in. They tolerate no abusive behavior from ANYONE! No swearing at another player is allowed or your chat will be revoked. No harrassing a player or your chat will be revoked. Dynamite Poker is very fair and has taken money from their own pockets to stop any misunderstandings between players.
Victory Poker has a little over 300 members as of today.(server is down for repairs right now) We have all met twice in Vegas and have become good friends. We have tournaments for our club to reward the active members. You have to be a member to join in these tourny's so many players join just to take part. If you come to Dynamite and watch us play against each other you will see no favortism amoung us. We go after the gold and will knock anyone out who gets in our way, even our spouses.(BTW I'.m single) lol.
Now the incident the gamblur is talking about did happen but here's my view since I was involved in it.
His sister was at final table with 9 other players. She was low on chips as was I. edwardr offered a chop since he had a massive chip lead (Dynamite allows chops) and everyone agreed, or so we thought. The break was going on about 4 minutes which everyone was discussing a chop. 1 player even said after game started back up " so it's agreed all chop". He ask it 3 or 4 times. I agreed instantly as I was very low on chips. No 1 person said NO. It was repeatedly talked about as each player was eliminated. The railbirds were even talking about it. How his sister missed the agreed upon chop is beyond me. But at end of tourny she said she didn't and was very angry. Dynamite has a lobby where players can go chat. Players gathered there and watched the anger and words fly. I have to say Irishman aka gamblur was swearing and was very very rude. His sister even lowered herself to his level and was swearing also. I must admit that after she called me a bitch I also lowered myself to their standards and swore and named called. But a few seconds later I also apologized!! I also apologized in our forum as it was a very bad situation that got out of hand. Eric pitbossed replaced sisters money and payed her entire first place. Sister was informed in lobby she was banned and by email also. Why she keeps getting Victory Poker newsletter is beyound me. All of VP have forgot this incident and moved on to become better people and players. After all we're here to learn poker.
Needless to say gamblur has not forgotten and can't seem to move on. I will pray for him to receive peace of mind. God bless you gamblur and your family, we wish you all the best.

Bella

PS. The VP members on final table that involved offered all the money back from our accounts that was in the tourny.

dondale56
05-09-2003, 04:01 PM
As someone who was sitting at the table when you came on and had your little hissy fit last nite, irishman, I have to make these comments so that the good people of this site know who and what you are.

You came in as a railbird and proceeded to try to disrupt play. This was a VP Only Monthly Championship game. I could have handled that until you called someone at the table a f*gg*t. That is unforgiveable under any circumstances. That showed just how ugly a person you truely are.

BTW, your sister would have known that she had been banned if she had just one time in the last month tried to log onto the site. She couldn't even be bothered with that. Also she would have known she was banned if she had tried to play in any other VP only events. Our code for those events had been changed since last she was there and had no way of knowing it, so this shows she didn't care enough to participate anyway.

We are not liars. We are a group of people who love poker and try to help each other with our games. To be associated with this group is a great experience. Anyone would be proud.

Dondale56

Grambo
05-09-2003, 04:13 PM
This is so much BS... dynamitepoker is the BEST site for small multitable tournaments. victorypoker is the BEST for their friendly group, tough players, and willingness to share concepts/ideas/strategies between themselves. They have NO NEED for foul mouthed idiots like Irishman who stalk players, contribute NOTHING, and lie about most everything. I WAS NOT INVOLVED IN THE INCIDENT, but read the chat that followed, and learned some new words from both Irishman and Soooooomooooooo, his sister.

Grambo

TMR513
05-09-2003, 04:37 PM
Irishman,

Why is this matter being brought up again and again? The incident was a misunderstanding. No one and I mean No one try to cheat your sister out of anything. I was one of the people involved in this incident. Your sister got her money and apologies were made by many involved in the incident, in spite of the fact that no wrong was done. We have put this behind us. Everyone has been nothing but nice to suemo, but you seem to want to continue to harass people. I myself have asked you many times to let it go. Please just do so. It is time to let the past be the past.

As for Dynamite poker it is the best and friendliest site around. The staff there are always professsional and are there to assist ALL players. They run their site with the utmost integrity.

As for VP. They are a group of people who enjoy poker and share concepts and stratergy with each other. Many of us have met and become freinds. They are a wonderful group of people. If anyone is in doubt please visit the site and read our forum and you will see for yourself.

Life is to short to hold such anger Irishamn. Put the past in the past and live for today.

With respect Always
Theresa (TMR513) /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

shiloh
05-09-2003, 05:24 PM
Dear Irishman,

I have played numerous times with your sister at Dynamite Poker before and after the incident and like myself we both are fairly new players. Although, there were harsh words and personalities flared there ugly heads, it was put behind all of us after the mishap. When you Sister asked why she could not get into the VP tourney, she was polite, she ask VP Members and received her information, and said, ok thank you, bye. You on the other hand went off on a tangent, calling people names and trying to disrupt the tournament going on. Please, this is an embarrassment for you and your sister. Let it go and move on and have some fun playing poker or whatever makes you happy . My Mother once told me this, “If you do not have anything nice to say ~~~ SAY NOTHING!” I try to live up to that. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Cordially,

Shiloh aka Karen /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

gamblur
05-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Eddie you don,t deserve a response seeing as to how you were the wise ass who said lets choplol, but to protect innocent people here it is you are one of the liars and cheats from there and she was not around when some said ok lets chop that was proven and thats why she recieved her money. The reason this all flaired up again was because TMR and GYPC told me that everyone had put it behind them including suemo and everything was fine ,now she goes to enter a tourament and is blackballed! I don,t think so junior

jek187
05-09-2003, 05:37 PM
Note to Self: Don't piss off the people from Victory Poker.com. They seem to mobilize in full force when threatened.

gamblur
05-09-2003, 05:45 PM
Dondale I would not give Bella who is a B.S.ing liar and a lot more a second thought but you are a decent person and i will give you a reply there were a whole lot of people looking for the new code last night and sue was in that group and people as low as edwardr only understand a certain type of chat as can be witnessed by many people he has put a cursing to.

Mike Haven
05-09-2003, 05:50 PM
rofl, jek!

post of the month!

gamblur
05-09-2003, 05:56 PM
She is a good woman and goes out of her way to be nice and when she retrived that e-mail from JZ saying teach had blackballed her she was very very hurt,I on the other hand am a gambler,gypsy,irish drinker ,fighter,vengeful and evil person who will not allow their family to be hurt by someone of eddies quality or people like him!!!

gamblur
05-09-2003, 05:59 PM
its called covering your tracks,nixon was good at it!

rusty JEDI
05-09-2003, 06:01 PM
JEK...they have simply mobilized and set up a strategic plan to get enough posts in for the next zoo tourny. They saw how our zoo tourny dominates anything they have ever put together and want a piece of the action.

Furthermore, if i ever see a chop in a zoo tourny then it will be the last zoo tourny i ever enter. It isnt about the money, it is about the pride of finishing ahead of every poster you lasted longer than. And it is about the feeling of shame from finishing behind those that have defeated you.

Mike Haven
05-09-2003, 06:08 PM
well put, rusty - i agree entirely about the chop - in fact i would say there wasn't a player there who thought about the dollars until after it was over - it was entirely about the competition and the crown, without a doubt

jek187
05-09-2003, 06:30 PM
I really don't see any track covering here. This whole matter seems cut and dried.
1) There was a tourney at Dynamite Poker for the Victory Poker Group.
2) A chop was agreed to by all players except gamblur's sister.
3) 2) is a moot point since gamblur's sister got paid 1st place $$.
4) After (during?) the tourney a heated exchange ensued. Gamblur and his sister used abusive language.
5) Gamblur's sister is still banned from Victory Poker for this offense.

I don't see anyone doing any track covering. And I really fail to see the connection to Nixon in all of this.

Theodore Donald Kiravatsos
05-09-2003, 06:37 PM
Would it kill you to use punctuation it is sometimes difficult to read a post without it and I am trying to understand your side of the story but sometimes it goes on and on and on and I have a difficult time because the punctuation isn't there and if you really want people to understand you just might consider what I'm saying here as we all take this forum rather seriously and I know you don't want anyone glossing over your post just because it's hard to read because it's a runon sentence.

"Your excuses are your own" -- Richard Roma

edwardr
05-09-2003, 06:37 PM

rusty JEDI
05-09-2003, 06:47 PM
pokerscene is that you? My money on the link you just set up is that it is an affiliate. But really just a guess.

Take a look around this forum one or two pages back and you will read all about the zoo.

But your idea of a Victory vs 2+2 battle sounds very intriguing. Maybe you take the 5 best players from your last tourny and we will take 5 from ours and make it an event. Seeing stars has the best tourny software and they have proven in the past to know how to set up a proper tournament chop (unlike the dynamite shenanigans that caused this thread) we should hold it at stars. We could also just make it open to all VP members and 2+2 regulars.

Sounds like this could be fun. But to encourage greater participation, we should drop the $100 buy in to $30.

rusty JEDI
05-09-2003, 06:51 PM
Rakay. Great attempt but you slipped up and forgot to cut out the apostraphe.

Better luck next time.

edwardr
05-09-2003, 07:15 PM

jek187
05-09-2003, 07:21 PM
No Jek, this is not pokerscene

Just for the record, that was Rusty Jedi, not me who called you Poker Scene. I do look forward to seeing 2+2 flex their collective insanity...err muscle though.

Mike Haven
05-09-2003, 07:30 PM
i think it is because of "the simple reason of trust and integrity" that rusty has suggested pokerstars

besides, most serious and regular internet pokerplayers already have an account with pokerstars - very few have a real money account with dynamite

rusty JEDI
05-09-2003, 07:35 PM
If you run it at dynamite im afraid there will be slim to no interest at all in this. But if you are willing to move it to stars, then PM me.

BBill
05-09-2003, 10:47 PM
2+2 vs VP sounds good !!
Edwardr Zoo is a good thing !
I'm sure most if not all VP players have pokerstar's accts
I'm not one of the top 5 players there but if this tourney happens I'm playing /forums/images/icons/smile.gif as long as its on a thursay, friday or saturday any time day or night.
This would be fun so we should not limit ourselves to playing at Dynamite.
right now due to technical difficulties the VP website is down but when its back we should consider this challange !!
and I agree a $30.00 buy-in isa good idea !

bbill / alias

shiloh
05-09-2003, 11:57 PM
Jedi,

I will run the idea by the membership at Vp when the site is restored. I'm affraid though, that there are many members who will want to express their loyalty to dynamitepoker as they are so loyal to us in return. I am having a hard time understanding what the problem is that you have with dynamite. In any event, let me first run the idea on the VP site and we'll see.
I will say one thing though, Gamblur/Irishman is out. He insulted the entire membership at VP and I will not present any idea to my fellow members that would include any contact with him.
edwardr

PS. sorry for the confusion, but I'm at my girlfriends, on her computer and in her name. That explains the shiloh name.

TruePoker CEO
05-10-2003, 12:15 AM
We are willing to host a team match, provided we get at least 10 players for each team.

We will post a $100 added prize to both the winning team and the overall winning player. (Winning team is the team with the most money won.)

Contact me at management@truepoker.com to arrange a date and time.

We also are offering a 20% signup bonus for new accounts.

Truepoker CEO

MS Sunshine
05-10-2003, 12:56 AM
Competition, you got to love it.

MS Sunshine

BBill
05-10-2003, 01:35 AM
Thanks TruePoker CEO (and David if that is you)
I say VP should play, guilt ridden or not /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif at an agreeable poker site. We could have an informal point system and whichever group scores more will have the say on where the next tourny will be. If vp wins maybe that site would be Dynamite which also has a 20% bonus and I think a 10.00 minimum deposit.

Note: The guilt I am refering to for those not reading all the posts is what the VP players would feel for not playing at Dynamite for this particular tourney /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

bbill

edwardr
05-10-2003, 01:38 AM

lorinda
05-10-2003, 11:27 AM
First off, let me say that BBill is one of the good guys on the net, I have spoken with him several times in the past, and has poker in mind.

Secondly, I have a real money account at Dynamite, and although I cannot play there anymore because my PC cant run the site, I found their support crew to be very good indeed.

I sent them a list of something like 10 suggestions once, and the sensible 8 were all incorporated rapidly.
(Nothing spectacular, just stuff like 4CD, some freeroll ideas and the suchlike)
(They didn't incorporate the email alarm for when fish log in though....can't see why /forums/images/icons/smile.gif )

They are all poker lovers, and want the best for their customers.

Thirdly, I would love to play any challenge type match in a 2+2 side if I was chosen.

Fourthly, Thanks to True for the kind offer!

I'm not good at organizing, so as always I'll leave it to someone else, but after an offer like that, I'd think that only True or Stars are viable options, and True seems to be setting itself up as _the_ place for challenges between rival factions.(It would also be a kind of neutral ground)

Lori

BRET
05-10-2003, 12:00 PM
I am one of the original members of Victory Poker and will be happy to be part of the tourney BUT i will not play it at pokarstars. Alot of you that play tourneys know me because thats where i am usually. but if this is going to be VP vs 2+2 then it should be played at sites that we both agree on. but it should be played 1 at truepoker and 1 at dynamite poker .

As for Irishguys AKA gamblur's post I wont even justify replying to him as he has gone as far as to say im a cheater. because i got disconnected while in a tourney. And no i wasnt even in a hand so when i got disconnected i gained nothing from it . Go Figure.
Bret

bretsbabe
05-10-2003, 01:11 PM
The first thing I want to know from Gamblur is why did you wait so long to say anything?
The tournament he is talking about happened a couple months back. If it bothered you so much why did you not post anything about it until now?
You also forgot to mention the fact that everybody that was on that table offered to give all their money back so your sister would be satisfied.
What I do not understand is why your sister did not say anything when a chop was offered.
It may have been break time but everything that was said would still show up in her chat log. So trying to tell people that she had no idea that a chop had been offered is a bunch of B.S.
If I go to the bathroom during a break, the chat that goes on during break is not going to disappear off my screen.
And I am sure that like me most people scroll up the chat log to see if anything was said.
As for trying to get into a VP tournament I do not understand why she would try. She knew that she had been banned. So why try to enter a private tournament let alone try to get the password for it.
I have played against you quite a few times and find you to be one of the rudest people I have ever met. You have no respect for anybody.
I am also one of those people that you have accused of cheating. Well let me tell you something I have never cheated on anything in my life and to be called a cheat by someone like you really makes me angry. I live in a remote area where the only way to get online is dialup. During one tournament that I was playing included you,my husband,and one other player I fell offline. You accused me of cheating.Why in the hell would I want to cheat in a tournament where I was a chip leader? And the hosts at Dynamite also told you that we had been disconnected. Why would they lie about that? We also let people know that we are networked(2 seperate rooms) together.
That is the only way we can both go online.
You really need to think about who you accuse and what accuse them of.

gamblur
05-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Bret you are lieing both you and your so caLLED BRETSBABE went into post and fold so an hour later you both ended up in the money! Be honest for the sake of the game.

gamblur
05-10-2003, 01:16 PM
ANhour later yea ok south africa couple,what a couple of beauts!

Jimbo
05-10-2003, 01:22 PM
I am hesitant to join in this little soap opera but since it has been entertaining I will risk the consequences. Gamblur wrote "Bret you are lieing both you and your so caLLED BRETSBABE went into post and fold so an hour later you both ended up in the money!" I do not see how going into "post and fold" mode is cheating. It is no different than looking at your cards and folding your hand everytime. Rather than seeking an edge it seems like a disadvantage particularly late in a tourney. Personally I wish all the other players at my final table went into "post and fold" whenever I am there! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

bretsbabe
05-10-2003, 01:22 PM
OK IRISHMAN,
You want to start your B.S.
I am gettig really sick and tired of you accusing people of cheatig,lying and whatever else.

Is that the reason you had your sister lie and tell everybody that she knew nothing about the chop?
So you two could cheat some of the most honest people I know.
You are one of the most disgusting people I have met in my life.

MS Sunshine
05-10-2003, 01:28 PM
"ANhour later yea ok south africa couple,what a couple of beauts! "

What do you mean by this?

MS Sunshine

bretsbabe
05-10-2003, 01:29 PM
Thank you Jimbo.
As for the reason we were not able to get back online right away Bret had to reinstall Windows.All of that was explainded to that hard headed jerk.And there were only 4 people left in that tournament when we fell offline.
The tourney only paid 3 places. So make sure you get your facts straight Gamblur.
And I sure in the hell am not going to cheat to win a lousy poker tournament.I leave that to you.

bretsbabe
05-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Not sure what he means. I live in California not South Africa.
But still gives him no right to disrespect anything or anybody.

rusty JEDI
05-10-2003, 02:21 PM
BUT i will not play it at pokarstars. Alot of you that play tourneys know me because thats where i am usually. but if this is going to be VP vs 2+2 then it should be played at sites that we both agree on. but it should be played 1 at truepoker and 1 at dynamite poker .

First, before we rule out stars for one person (you) please give a good reason.
Secondly, 1 at true, 1 at dynamite. I thought you said that it would be at a site we agree on. Nobody said we here agree with dynamite. They obviously dont know how to handle a chop. This problem that started the thread never would have happened at stars because they are professional enough to have a tournament director there to make sure everyone aproves. That being said i really have no problem with dynamite, but i really feel that if we held it at stars we could get over 20 2+2 players, and at dynamite we would never get that many. As for true, neutral site and added money i think it would work.

rJ

gamblur
05-10-2003, 02:43 PM
they say they are in south africa, then the mohave desert.

edwardr
05-10-2003, 02:56 PM

dondale56
05-10-2003, 03:02 PM
I hate to do this, but Bret and sweet BB... this guy is Irishguy not Irishman. We all know and adore Irishman remember. Just had to make a clarification.

Donna

Eyeofsauron
05-10-2003, 03:04 PM
The all-seeing eye's attention has been brought here, and look what we find!

Irishguy, who has already lost this arguement once, trying to open up old wounds. Get over it, what happened was a mistake due to inexperience. The matter was resolved as best as it could have been. Your sister got her money. She got banned from VP because of her attitude at the time, not because of the money involved. Stop trying to spread your poison to other parts of the internet.

In recent weeks, VP have managed to help raise money for children in need, with our teamwork and goodwill using TnT as host. The person who thought up and organised the event, was one of those who you constantly abuse, EdwardR. He also donated a considerable amount of his own money to the charity, as did many others.

We are not a bunch of cheats, despite what Irishguy, or whatever he wishes to call himself these days may want you believe. People like Irishguy would rather see things like VP and TnT destroyed, because they have nothing useful to give to society.

I am sorry Irishguy. At one time, we could have been friends, but your actions betray your character.

As for the match between VP and 2+2 members, I think it would be a good idea. This is my first visit to your site, and I feel that there may be many interesting things for me to explore here.

In only one positive result can come from Irishguy's actions, then I hope that it may be that it brings our two factions a little closer together.

Joseph

P.S. To Lorinda, it's good to see a friend here. I've played you on Pokerstars (My name there is Mr Mad)

Eyeofsauron
05-10-2003, 03:46 PM
Fair enough Eddie, but I don't like it when someone abuses my friends.

If this match goes ahead, I'll be there (if I don't stupidly forget, like I did this afternoon!)

Joseph

BBill
05-10-2003, 03:52 PM
edwardr Rusty Jedi wanted you to pm (private message) him to talk about the tourney. You can send him a pm throught the "my home" area of this forum. just remember thur, fri or sat becasue I want to participte

bbill

Eyeofsauron
05-10-2003, 04:27 PM
I deeply appolgise to Irishguy for the mix up of names. On VP, we have, or rather had, two very similar names. Irishguy and Irishman.

Irishguy is a wonderful person.
Irishman is not.

I blame Donna. Originally my post stated Irishman. Then I read Donna's post and edited mine. Now I've been informed of my error in doing so. So now I want to re-edit my post back to it's original state, but too much time has elapsed!

However, the rest of my post remains true.

Joseph

FeliciaLee
05-10-2003, 05:04 PM
I play at Dynamite every day, and it is one of my favorite sites. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I also belong to VP and read the forum, though I have not participated, as yet (I rarely post here, either, [and didn't even register until someone asked a direct question about a particular casino that I felt I could answer correctly], due to all of the flaming).

Anyway, the only thing that has ever bothered me about Dynamite is that so many couples have separate accounts. At the other online poker sites, that is a definite no-no. I have no idea why it is allowed on Dynamite. So many times, when I'm in a tournament, I notice two players have the same hometown listed. When someone asks about it, they usually freely say that they are husband and wife. I have gotten to know a lot of these husband/wife players, and I genuinely like them all. But I'm still not sure this is right. That is why my husband and I play on the same account. We would never consider cheating (as bretsbabe said, they even go so far as to play in separate rooms), but I can just imagine blurting out to my husband, "OMG, I have a straight flush!"

Since we play on the same account, we are always in completely separate tourneys at totally different sites, so we do this a lot. If we opened different account at the same site, and somehow ended up at the same table at the same time (which happens quite a bit at Dynamite due to the small number of people who enter), I can just imagine blurting out something.

I have never witnessed any cheating at Dynamite, that I can see. All of the "couples" there seem to have integrity. But like I said, I'm still not sure that having multiple accounts in one household is the right thing, since it would definitely attract less honorable players as well.

Eyeofsauron
05-10-2003, 05:26 PM
I hope that you voice your concerns on VP, FeliciaLee. Perhaps something may be able to be done to resolve the problem that you've highlighted. At the very least, discussing the problem cannot be bad.

Joseph

dondale56
05-10-2003, 05:32 PM
IGNORE IGNORE WARNING WARNING DONDALE56 HAD TO MUCH TO DRINK AND GOT CONFUSED AGAIN!!!!!!

Donna

Eyeofsauron
05-10-2003, 05:41 PM
And I thought I was bad, I'm down to a half-filled (optimistic=eyeofsauron view) or half-empty (pessimistic=Irish...whatever view) bottle of wine (depending upon your outlook on life)

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

gamblur
05-10-2003, 05:54 PM
Altough I do trust alot of the people at dynamite poker,I donot trust a pit person who I believe gave these people the information about this site and as he puts it can perform magic with the decks on computer! You best play at a site like the one offering cash inducements. These people have overrun dynamite and are like wolverines protecting their territory.

BRET
05-10-2003, 06:02 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
they say they are in south africa, then the mohave desert.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have never said we live in South Africa
We live in Johannesburg California
If you had enough intelligence to look in a map you would see its in the middle of the Mojave Desert
Another Thing i need to add is on the tourney you say we cheated on by post and fold is also ridiculous because it payed 3 places and 4 were left by post and folding it guarenteed 1 of us would be out a loser were as if we both played then we had a chance at getting into the money
oh well im tired of this stupidity

bretsbabe
05-10-2003, 06:05 PM
First thing I want to do is apologize to Suemo (Gamblurs) sister. I had no right to invlove her in what her brother does.She has been gracious enough about accepting things and does still talk to alot of our members. So again please accept my apologies for involving you.

Eyeofsauron
05-10-2003, 06:07 PM
Wrong again Gamblur.

Pit has nothing to do with this.

Point of logic: How can you "overrun" something which is totally independent. The matches that you have a problem with were private matches set up for VP members only. In order to play in them, you have to be a member and abide by their rules. One of those rules is that you are not abusive to other players. If you cannot follow the rules, then you are barred. VP is seperate from TnT, who host games for several independent groups.

Simple to follow, isn't it?

BRET
05-10-2003, 06:37 PM
That is why my husband and I play on the same account. We would never consider cheating (as bretsbabe said, they even go so far as to play in separate rooms), but I can just imagine blurting out to my husband, "OMG, I have a straight flush!"

[/ QUOTE ]
My wife I are very competitive of each other and try to win. Ask anyone that I will not only check raise her but knock her out of a tourney as fast as anyone else in the tourney, And I expect her to do the same to me. ( because she has lol )
Bret

Simon Diamond
05-10-2003, 06:41 PM
Am I allowed to toss my hat in the ring?

I wish to have nothing to do with this proposed competition (2+2 vs VP or whatever they are called) and I do not want it to have anything to do with the Zoo comp.

Petty? Maybe. But that's the way I feel.

Simon

bretsbabe
05-10-2003, 06:47 PM
Hi rusty JEDI
I am new to this site so I have no idea what a zoo tournament is.
I am also a member of Victory Poker and have been since it first began. I kinda of take offense to your statement </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
they have simply mobilized and set up a strategic plan to get enough posts in for the next zoo tourny. They saw how our zoo tourny dominates anything they have ever put together and want a piece of the action.

[/ QUOTE ]
And we do not chop in every tournament.That is left up to the chip leader to offer.No one else should even say anything unless chip leader offers.
Could you please tell me what this zoo tourney is about?
If it has something to do with the most posting you would not see me in it.This is the most I have ever posted in one day on any site.
Thank you for listening.

BBill
05-10-2003, 07:01 PM
Bretsbabe,
saying VP wanted to play in the zoo tournament was actually a compliment to be considered with the highest regard in my opinion.
I actually think that Rusty might regret the statement /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif considering the frenzy that has occured as a result (LOL)

bbill / alias

Hi rusty JEDI
I am new to this site so I have no idea what a zoo tournament is.
I am also a member of Victory Poker and have been since it first began. I kinda of take offense to your statement
In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

they have simply mobilized and set up a strategic plan to get enough posts in for the next zoo tourny. They saw how our zoo tourny dominates anything they have ever put together and want a piece of the action.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eyeofsauron
05-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Hello Simon,

I would like to say that you're fully entitled not to say or do anything that you don't want to participate in. I don't know what this zoo thingy is either, but perhaps you could enlighten me? If it is something to do with how many posts a person sends in order to enter a specific competition? If so, then rest assured I do not want anything to do with it. I am only trying to balance the opinions expressed by Gamblur. My intent is nothing more than that.

BTW, Simon, I tried to visit your website. It looked very interesting... until the advert for the 24" Plasma Television sprang up and halted everything on my computer screen and I had to re-boot! I know.... it's not your fault! If you can get rid of the advert, I might just try looking at your site again. Othewise, I'm too scared that the same thing will happen again!

Joseph

BBill
05-10-2003, 07:04 PM
BTW - Rusty Jedi, how many posts do we need to qualify for the next ZOO tourney ??

lorinda
05-10-2003, 07:09 PM
Anyone with over 1200 is more than welcome.

Seriously though BBill, Im pretty sure you would qualify if you hang around for a while, it's a discretion thing based on time here as well as posts, one player only posted a handful of times, but has been here since time began.

I know full well you've been here a long while

Lori

BBill
05-10-2003, 07:15 PM
I don't blame you a bit Simon. We have been making specticles of ourselves (LOL) and we don't want to tarnish the Zoo Tourney good name.
I think we (VP) are being petty with all the bickering so if we do have a ZOO vs VP match it should not be surrounded by all this nonsense. That actually would be an honor that we would have to work towards. If True poker wants to sponser a 100.00 added tourney with out the ZOO or 2+2 name it still might be fun though

BBill
05-10-2003, 07:24 PM
Lori,
just 1200 posts ?? whew I was worried for a minute there /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Yes I am finding that although I am reading the 2+2 forums daily that postng at the VP site and the 2+2 site is for some reason a mental strain for me (LOL) this is something I have to work on. When I say a strain I mean that there is so much information here and there that It is difficult to narrow my thoughts and conentrate on a particualr item to reply to /forums/images/icons/confused.gif
I will work on keeping up with both sites as I enjoy interacting with you all

bbill

lorinda
05-10-2003, 07:30 PM
BBill,

Disclaimer:

The decision is Simon's not mine.

Just in case I misrepresented there.

Lori

ColdasIce
05-10-2003, 07:59 PM
Gee... our site goes down for a couple of days and we feel like were missing the party.. took awhile to read them all and try and catch up.. but it was good to read and get as a whole.. see a bigger picture maybe.

Some points that seem to stand out:

1. gamblur/irishman whatever is an idiot. And other than some queries at the beginning from some of the regulars on this great site asking for clarification, I don't see any support for him here, and he does not represent 2+2 any more than he represents VP.

2. 2+2 and VP are very similiar in that they are comprised of a variety of people whose main interests are playing poker and talking about it, especially as it pertains to online poker. Both sites have a diversity of personalities including ones who use humor and are always misunderstood by at least one other member. And those who take it all too seriously.. Just a great mix of people who start off with one thing in common and find friendship and much more in common than they started with.

It seems kind of like having two apartment buildings full of tenents who know their own neighbors, but not the people in the other building. Until a screaming drunk psycho makes a comotion in the street bringing people from both buildings out. And while laughing at the poor sod as he wets his pants, they start to talk and find out that they share a common passion.. poker.. And being the naturally competitive people they are.. a competition is thought up and both sides jump in.. yeah.. lets have a game.. it could be the start of something good... new competition, new friendships.. That's what makes poker the game it is..

If it going to be played somewhere I can get an account with neteller being what it is, I'm in. besides, what can it hurt.. with only 3 out of 300 who can tolerate me on my site, maybe I need to find a new playground where I can piss off more people...

Just my humble opinion

ColdasIce
05-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Gee... our site goes down for a couple of days and we feel like were missing the party.. took awhile to read them all and try and catch up.. but it was good to read and get as a whole.. see a bigger picture maybe.

Some points that seem to stand out:

1. gamblur/irishman whatever is an idiot. And other than some queries at the beginning from some of the regulars on this great site asking for clarification, I don't see any support for him here, and he does not represent 2+2 any more than he represents VP.

2. 2+2 and VP are very similiar in that they are comprised of a variety of people whose main interests are playing poker and talking about it, especially as it pertains to online poker. Both sites have a diversity of personalities including ones who use humor and are always misunderstood by at least one other member. And those who take it all too seriously.. Just a great mix of people who start off with one thing in common and find friendship and much more in common than they started with.

It seems kind of like having two apartment buildings full of tenents who know their own neighbors, but not the people in the other building. Until a screaming drunk psycho makes a comotion in the street bringing people from both buildings out. And while laughing at the poor sod as he wets his pants, they start to talk and find out that they share a common passion.. poker.. And being the naturally competitive people they are.. a competition is thought up and both sides jump in.. yeah.. lets have a game.. it could be the start of something good... new competition, new friendships.. That's what makes poker the game it is..

If it going to be played somewhere I can get an account with neteller being what it is, I'm in. besides, what can it hurt.. with only 3 out of 300 who can tolerate me on my site, maybe I need to find a new playground where I can piss off more people...

Just my humble opinion

BBill
05-10-2003, 09:11 PM
Lori,
thanks - no misrepresentation taken though.
Simon is right and some our members are obviously excitable lol.
If there is a tourney I'll play if not okay but I'll plan on the next Zoo tourney !

bbill

CtPokerPro
05-10-2003, 09:52 PM
We also let people know that we are networked(2 seperate rooms) together.
That is the only way we can both go online.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like alot of husband/wife, sister/brother teams playing at these 2 sites. Makes me scratch them off the list of potential places to open an account.

BRET
05-10-2003, 11:48 PM
I must clarify what I meant because I was thinking that Truepoker was 2+2's main site not PokerStars it wasnt that I wont actually play there because I will and do, but I was thinking that it should be played at each of our sites.
Im sorry for my screw up.
Bret

rusty JEDI
05-11-2003, 02:33 AM
That explains the confusion on my part brett. I will start a new thread for this possible tourny so we get out of this "zoo" that has been created.

gamblur
05-11-2003, 12:11 PM
I have now been banned from ever chatting or speaking to pit people at Dynamite poker again. All because I took my thoughts public and informed them I thought VP poker was holding them back.Case in point sunday at 1:30 edt. they run (dynamite) a $25 buy in tournament today VP is running a private Tourn. at 1pm edt.they do this all the time,DUH. Not looking for antything here just pointing out facts about VP poker.

gamblur
05-11-2003, 12:15 PM
Cheaters do win and win alot if you let them!.

Grambo
05-11-2003, 12:39 PM
Your airing your thots here had nothing to do with your being banned at Dynamite. Your foul mouth and stalking is what did it. And Dynamite ran a tourney, and then later VP ran a tourney? What is your point here? What are the "facts" that you are trying to point out?

jek187
05-11-2003, 03:21 PM
And Dynamite ran a tourney, and then later VP ran a tourney? What is your point here? What are the "facts" that you are trying to point out?

I find myself wondering this after each of gamblur's posts. On those times when I can actually decipher what he's trying to say that is.

Simon Diamond
05-11-2003, 05:33 PM
Joseph - The reference to the zoo refers to a tourney I set up recently for members of this board (and other regular 2+2 luminaries for that matter). As far as my website goes, its free web space - to be expected I am afraid.

BBill - You would be more than welcome to play the next tourney, should you wish to.

Simon

JohnGamblur
05-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Very slowly this time Dynamite poker tried to run a $25 dollar buy in tournament at 1:30 pm today 10 players must sign up to start a game. VPinstead of waiting to play a tournament at 4 or 5 pm starts their $4 tournament at 1 pm effectively shutting down dynamites pokers chance to start a 1:30 tournament. They have done this for 3weeks in a row on Saturdays and sundays both.people get upset leave now is it clear? Dynamite poker will never grow with VP choking them OFF.

BRET
05-11-2003, 10:26 PM
we dont put up the tourneys Dynamite does and some of the VP players play in both tourneys at same time

BBill
05-12-2003, 07:54 AM
Thanks Simon !!

Legenda
05-12-2003, 02:07 PM
just join another site mate.