PDA

View Full Version : isolation gone wrong.

tommo
09-21-2005, 12:32 AM
I've been raising to isolate an extra loose villain sitting to my right a lot(CO in this hand). Probably too much...but he's been giving me a lot of money and reloading. The main villain (BB) in this hand is quite tight, vpip 20 pfr 8, but very aggressive.

I stacked the tag 2 hands earlier when he pushed with an overpair (QQ) on a monotone flop ( I had AK with A of that suit). He thinks I am a very bad player, complained about that hand a lot.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Button ($394)
SB ($479.20)
BB ($442.65)
UTG ($525.40)
Hero ($1052.90)
CO ($480.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, CO calls $16, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $12.

Flop: ($50) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($50) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $47</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $100</font>, Hero calls $53.

River: ($250) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $247</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $497

MINETZ
09-21-2005, 12:35 AM
hes extra loose, you dont think he could have a weak ace/ random play here enough to make calling profitable?

tommo
09-21-2005, 12:40 AM
sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. The BB has vpip 20% and pfr 8%.

I guess the question really has to do with how you react to a player possibly on tilt here. Given that I broke his QQ with a AK in a recent hand and then he blew up about it.

I'm curious on your inputs before I tell you what I thought.

lapoker17
09-21-2005, 12:43 AM
wtf is that ck on the flop about?

tommo
09-21-2005, 12:48 AM
yeah, I figured this question would come up quickly. You think this is always the wrong play? The extra loose player is a calling station. I'm hoping he picks up a pair on the turn.

As it turns out, it looks as if checking that flop may have saved me some money.

Basically the CO has a vpip of 70% and has no problem callin g with hands like 67s. I'm looking for him to pick up any kind of draw or any kind of pair. As you can see from the turn. Once its possible he picked up one of those I bet the pot.

so basically, the check on the flop is all about outplaying the really poor player Since I'm more likely to win money from him than the tag

Lucky
09-21-2005, 03:34 AM
Bet the flop, get rid of BB and hopefully CO calls with weak ace of pair of jacks, etc. If he's that loose (70 vpip) and maybe on tilt, you have to get broke here to CO.

tommo
09-21-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The main villain (BB) in this hand is quite tight, vpip 20 pfr 8, but very aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]
This really isn't that complicated, the guy who pushed the river was very tight, but possibly on tilt.

The very loose player is a calling station.

If the very loose player calls my bet on the turn. I'm pushing him on the river. He'll call with any ace.

However, I want to give him one more card to hit Something, anything. because there's a good chance he'll still pay me off...and a bad chance that he's drawing to any more than 2 outs...also, he's not going to suddenly get scared if a card like 10 comes out and he has 99.

So, the check on the flop is to outplay the bad player (CO). When I get check raised on the turn by the Tag player (BB) I have to imagine that he has trips, a set or a draw. When the draw doesn't hit on the river and he pushes, I'm beat by the majority of cards he would do this with.

I don't mean to say "no you're wrong I'm right" because obviously I wouldn't post here if that were the case. I'm just saying I laid it out pretty simply.

CO = 70% vpip calling station
BB = 20%/8% TAG

Given that information, is the check on the flop that terrible? CO pays me off with hands that don't beat trip aces. Tag does not.

Dominic
09-21-2005, 04:59 PM
the BB is getting more than 4-1 preflop....you don't think he'scalling herewith less than AQ?? I mean, that's the question, right? If he's playing his usual tight game, you have to give him credit for either a better Ace than you, or 33 or 66...the T on the river is a non-factor, as he CR the turn, although it is a card you should be wary of if he does indeed have an Ace.

But let's look at what he thinks about you and the LAG...you're both loose and bad,right? So wouldn't he loosen his standards up a bit in the BB?

I don't know...I probably call this river.

Mybe's got a mid-pair and thinks of your check on the flop as weakness....doubtful, but you never know.

My best guess is a weaker A...in which case, the T is a care scard.

Hmmm....maybe I fold! If he's as tight as you say, he's probably got you beat.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Interesting hand!