PDA

View Full Version : QQ, ugly flop, LAG

newhizzle
09-20-2005, 11:02 PM
villian is 53/27/5.7 after 15 hands(not much but i think it gets the point across)

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

hero posts blind in CO

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.67 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (6.67 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.67 BB.

bigalt
09-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Unless you got some specific reads from those 15 hands I don't think the numbers are going to tell you anything here.

I'm guessing he's got a king although I don't really get the check-raise/check play, so I'm going to go ahead and take a free look at my 4-ish outs.

sy_or_bust
09-20-2005, 11:52 PM
Looks like he has a PP, and not a king. I'd value bet the river.

TheHammer24
09-21-2005, 12:55 AM
I'm confused. 15 hands isn't much, but like you said, I think it gets the point across. After he C/R the flop you're probably folding the turn, but he checked.

What do you think about checking behind on the turn in hopes of getting him to bluff with worse hands on the river than he'll call with on the turn?

newhizzle
09-21-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you think about checking behind on the turn in hopes of getting him to bluff with worse hands on the river than he'll call with on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

thats probly a good line, i was just thinking he might have an under pair that hed pay off with, but decided to take the showdown at thr river

Solid_p
09-21-2005, 03:07 AM
Check the turn with the intention of calling a river bet. You might still have several outs and a turn check can induce him to bluff the river.

@bsolute_luck
09-21-2005, 06:29 AM
need reads for this play. i've come across this move a couple times. sorta a modified "OOP free card" move. it's the goofiest thing. really you should be 3-betting that flop. don't worry, if he has a pocket pair, he's paying you off.

i DON'T like checking behind on the turn because typically with this move, once their "bluff" doesn't work, they'll just check/call down, so you're missing bets by not betting this turn.

jason_t
09-21-2005, 06:32 AM
Bet. The. River.

newhizzle
09-21-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet. The. River.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont like that here, because with the third ace a king is very likely to raise me

jason_t
09-21-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet. The. River.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont like that here, because with the third ace a king is very likely to raise me

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you fold.

newhizzle
09-21-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet. The. River.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

bet bet betBeaweawBEtte AWJEIaweji AAGGGRO TWOPLUSTWO BET ME LIKE HAND ME BET

jason_t
09-21-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet. The. River.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you intentionally being dumb?

gh9801
09-21-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet. The. River.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...

hobbsmann
09-21-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet. The. River.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is really a pretty standard bet/fold.

newhizzle
09-21-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet. The. River.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

against an opponent this aggressive i may have to pay him off when he raises, so i think checking is better, since it is likely the we are behind, i actually like the hammers line here the best, because he may have been trying to c/r the turn again, and checking behind there will almost certainly induce a bet on the river, and there are not many free cards i a worried about

edit: i dont have many hands on him, but ive seen some ill [censored] from opponents with these kinds of stats

jason_t
09-21-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

against an opponent this aggressive i may have to pay him off when he raises, so i think checking is better, since it is likely the we are behind, i actually like the hammers line here the best, because he may have been trying to c/r the turn again, and checking behind there will almost certainly induce a bet on the river, and there are not many free cards i a worried about

edit: i dont have many hands on him, but ive seen some ill [censored] from opponents with these kinds of stats

[/ QUOTE ]

You're hand is good here too often. You're missing too much value by not betting this river.

You have 15 hands on him, his stats have barely had a chance to converge. If you're really that worried about a check/raise by a worse hand, then you bet/call, but letting this river check through is a crime against humanity and was outlawed at the last Geneva Convention.

newhizzle
09-21-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're hand is good here too often. You're missing too much value by not betting this river.

You have 15 hands on him, his stats have barely had a chance to converge. If you're really that worried about a check/raise by a worse hand, then you bet/call, but letting this river check through is a crime against humanity and was outlawed at the last Geneva Convention.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i was not aware of this law, i will bet next time, please dont call the jakes on me