PDA

View Full Version : Angry Fish

this guy
09-20-2005, 10:02 PM
They are funny. Today I was playing a $22 and with even stacks HU I pushed with 66. He called with AA but I rivered a 6 and took it down. He yelled at me and called me terrible, a fish, partypoker is rigged, etc. I open a new table and he happens to be at that table as well. He tells the table what a terrible player I am and other crap. I don't respond (I pretty much never chat in poker) and enjoy the comments. With 5 left I suck out on his AK with AJ and double up. On the bubble he pushes with KQ and I call with KQ and river a flush to knock him out. He goes crazy in the chat again ("[censored] YOU YOU [censored] [censored]! I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL YOU PIECE OF [censored] MOTHERFUCKER!") and I type GG. He yells some more and finally leaves.

I really enjoyed giving my opponent all this pain and misery. I loved seeing him get angry and feel like [censored]. Is there something wrong with me?

Pov
09-20-2005, 10:08 PM
Natural reaction to feel good when someone who is insulting you suffers misfortune. But poker is a harsh mistress. Next time he'll insult you and then own you for the next hour, needling you the whole time. Short term luck is just too powerful sometimes.

wmspringer
09-20-2005, 10:09 PM
I tend to feel that anyone with a mouth like that, deserves whatever he gets.

timprov
09-20-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
("[censored] YOU YOU [censored] [censored]! I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL YOU PIECE OF [censored] MOTHERFUCKER!")

[/ QUOTE ]

Have I ever mentioned just how much I love the 2+2 profanity filter?

09-21-2005, 12:49 AM
There was a great guy at Party a few weeks ago ranting (in all caps, of course) about how it was all fixed, while playing just about every hand...and multitabling! (Yes, people with zero poker skills multitable too!)

Every hand he "knew that would happen," and when (shock) his pocket fives were no good against a board of AKT87 and four callers, he'd rant about how it "figures." Once the flop at one of his tables was QT7, and the next flop at the other table was QJ7, and he started ranting about how the flops are the same so it MUST be fixed!

Non-stop for a good half hour until he busted out on both tables. Would've muted him but I needed the entertainment.

dibbs
09-21-2005, 02:13 AM
I get a kick out of such things, but I can also admit there's a lot wrong with me.

Some of my recent favorites slung at me:

lucky131313: what a m'fin joke bet that much on just a draw m'fin bs youre a f'n idiot lmfao

(3 handed NLHE checked to me I pot it with OESD SB smoothcalls with top pair, turn I hit straight and he checkraises me all in)

Rob324: you played that whole hand on the draw..
hero: observant thing arent ya
Rob324: do you make money playing poker?
Rob324: youll go broke i promise
Rob324 has left the table.

(I flop nut flush draw, he minbets with top set the whole way then pushes all in when the 3rd heart hit river.)

Keith Fellmy
09-21-2005, 10:25 AM
if they are cussing you out, then you're doing something right.

Tilt
09-21-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect. I don't like to leave my customers feeling angry. For the good of the game I'd rather they think I was a nice but lucky guy. Just say "I know I shouldn't have pushed that, but I've been so lucky lately I just had to. Sorry it was you this time. Hey, where ya from? You play here alot? You play well..., etc."

Dariel86
09-21-2005, 11:30 AM
I'm here to make money, not friends.

theblitz
09-21-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm here to make money, not friends.

[/ QUOTE ]
Note that he said customer not friend.

As in any other business, the customer is always right.

09-21-2005, 12:32 PM
Well, if there's something wrong with you there's something wrong with me to.
There's nothing better than this!!!! I love it!

AlexTrue
09-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Absolutely correct understanding of the business. Fish is a customer, it gives money for the lessons and our "luck". We should encourage their coming to our tables since "the creek is dry without water".

KneeCo
09-21-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there something wrong with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, don't call all-in with KQ. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

j/k, if you are getting other people upset, and never going off on rants yourself, you're my kinda guy.

On a similar topic. When these jokers get pissed and start demanding to play you heads up, anyone ever take em up on the offer?

Swedebubba
09-21-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect. I don't like to leave my customers feeling angry. For the good of the game I'd rather they think I was a nice but lucky guy. Just say "I know I shouldn't have pushed that, but I've been so lucky lately I just had to. Sorry it was you this time. Hey, where ya from? You play here alot? You play well..., etc."

[/ QUOTE ]

....from the Amarillo Slim school of Poker

Always try to make the other guy think you got extremely lucky to win