PDA

View Full Version : Angry Fish

this guy
09-20-2005, 10:01 PM
They are funny. Today I was playing a $22 and with even stacks HU I pushed with 66. He called with AA but I rivered a 6 and took it down. He yelled at me and called me terrible, a fish, partypoker is rigged, etc. I open a new table and he happens to be at that table as well. He tells the table what a terrible player I am and other crap. I don't respond (I pretty much never chat in poker) and enjoy the comments. With 5 left I suck out on his AK with AJ and double up. On the bubble he pushes with KQ and I call with KQ and river a flush to knock him out. He goes crazy in the chat again ("[censored] YOU YOU [censored] [censored]! I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL YOU PIECE OF [censored] MOTHERFUCKER!") and I type GG. He yells some more and finally leaves.

I really enjoyed giving my opponent all this pain and misery. I loved seeing him get angry and feel like [censored]. Is there something wrong with me?

09-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Personly I try to avoid schadenfreude and just concentrate on playing my A game. I'm sure if you were in his position getting bad beat after bad beat you wouldn't be too happy either.

Newt_Buggs
09-21-2005, 01:05 AM
yeah, I'de say its a little weird that you enjoy making people miserable.

Personally I would love it if his happened to me, but thats just because I'm weird too and find it funny when people freak out at the table and call me a fish. On AIM I've made an away message out of various people cussing me out at the tables for everyone to enjoy.

deathpotato
09-21-2005, 01:10 AM
I think it's pretty normal. If someone is yelling at me I like to tell them to relax and that it's all luck anyway, that usually gets them going pretty good /images/graemlins/grin.gif In all honesty, I think it would be abnormal NOT to take pleasure in dealing out bad beats (I know I do).

If I have the time to chat should I be playing more tables? Hmm

Ixnert
09-21-2005, 09:58 AM
The really funny part of this post is that the board censored most of the quoted chat, but not

[ QUOTE ]
MOTHERFUCKER!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, maybe I'm the only one that thought it was funny.

se2schul
09-21-2005, 10:06 AM
Think about this...
If he's the person who keeps getting in as a favourite and you're the one sucking out, who's really more likely to be the fish?

stupidsucker
09-21-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the bubble he pushes with KQ and I call with KQ

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see the details of this hand.

09-21-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PI'm sure if you were in his position getting bad beat after bad beat you wouldn't be too happy either.

[/ QUOTE ]Perhaps, but if I was upset, I wouldn't be mouthing off.

Maybe I'm the exception, but the bad beats don't get to me, I recognize they are part of the game and will work both ways.

Yesterday, with nearly equal stacks, I got all-in heads up with QTo against 44. Flop came 948. The jack came on the river and I beat his set...just as I was congratulating him...whoops.

se2schul
09-21-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the bubble he pushes with KQ and I call with KQ

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see the details of this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This actually happenned to me all-in pf with AA vs AA and I ended up winning with a flush. The guy freaked.

09-21-2005, 02:37 PM
The other day I got all in on the first hand with AA against two people with KK. I lost that hand. Now I need a new laptop /images/graemlins/frown.gif