PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Cracked Aces Bonus

MrMon
09-20-2005, 10:00 PM
Haven't seen this mentioned here, but it is at the Absolute site and a BW. Nice little addition, as BW documents.

From Midnight Sunday, September 18th to Friday, September 30th at Midnight Absolute Poker will be giving away $10 to players every time they lose with pocket aces on Hold’em tables with limits of at least $1/$2 Limit or $1 NL. Three players must be dealt in the hand to be eligible.

With this bonus in place, would you play aces differently? Limping and trapping might be more profitable, since it failing does have an upside. Might have to go to the poker forums for this one.

timprov
09-20-2005, 10:05 PM
At 1/2 it seems like it would.

Of course, they'll pay you inaccurately and late, so the real value is questionable.

mosquito
09-20-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Of course, they'll pay you, so the real value is easy to compute.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

timprov
09-20-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Of course, they'll pay you, so the real value is easy to compute.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose it's possible if support is put in charge. If it's the affiliate team, no way.

edfurlong
09-21-2005, 01:03 AM
The way I run at absolute I could mabye break even if they ran this promo all the time!

Pog0
09-21-2005, 08:07 PM
If you fold preflop, you lose with aces. Can you fold preflop? Seems like the ideal play at $1/$2.

RiverTheNuts
09-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Im sure you gotta show em down. I would limp in EP with them, in late I would still raise the crap out of them with money already in the pot. On an obvious pair/draw making board I would bet because they will call anyways, on a ragged board just check and let someone catch up, since they probably wouldnt call a bet anyways.

Of course this only works at 1/2, otherwise just play them the same.

maxpower72
09-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Just a quick question since I just lost with them back to back do I have to email support or is it just automatically awarded to me? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CarlNiclas
09-22-2005, 02:04 AM
You have to email support with hand numbers and everything.

Cracked Aces (http://absolutepoker.com/cracked_aces.asp)

Guthrie
09-22-2005, 02:45 AM
Why play AA any differently? I'm doing just fine getting them cracked playing normally.

Siegmund
09-22-2005, 03:10 AM
Even at $1/2 you are still going to try to win, and win as much as you can, when you hold aces.

The only difference I can see is that if you know you are beaten (say 4 suited cards by the turn, and it's a bet and a call to you), it will often cost you less than $10 more to reach a showdown at $1/2 and sometimes at $2/4.

CarlNiclas
09-22-2005, 03:46 AM
Also, it seems to be valid only once per person, or at least, that is how I interpret this line:

" This is One Time ONLY and MUST occur at Ring Games ONLY."

wegs the wegs
09-22-2005, 04:41 AM
If folding them preflop counted and it was a consistent reward I would muck them everytime at $1 NL. Thats a guaranteed 10 big blinds and no frustrations, which in my mind is +EV.

vabogee
09-22-2005, 04:49 AM
It's just like the Excalibur, minus the ugly waitresses.

kmprsdrm
09-22-2005, 12:40 PM
you must show them at the showdown. I mucked mine and heres their response.

Dear Keith,

Thanks for your email and submitting your hand 190452329, for the Cracked Aces
Promotion.

Unfortunately, at this time, your hand does not qualify for the promotion, as
you can verify at the attached document. I have listed below the requirements,
for your review.

- HOLDEM RING GAMES ONLY!
- Table Limits: at least $1/$2 Limit or $1 NL or higher.
- Pocket Aces: player must have both aces on the pocket and lose the
hand.
- 3 Participants in the hand.
- Must be a raked hand to qualify ($0.25 minimum rake).
- Hand needs to go to a showdown.

I have highlighted on the document that you lost your mucks, therefore you did
not show your cards.

Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! If there is anything else we can help
you with, please let us know. We're here for you!

Sincerely,

Anayuri
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
"Continuing to be the Best and Most Trusted"
Support@AbsolutePoker.com

I was playing 1/2 and there were 4 to the flop. I lost to a rivered flush and auto mucked my hand. I'm not sure why they care about the muck, but they seem to.

GMan42
09-22-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why play AA any differently? I'm doing just fine getting them cracked playing normally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, brother. According to Pokertracker, lost 7 of my last 10 AA hands...Horrific. And this is with no goofy slowplaying or anything on my part (learned that lesson a long time ago).

Uglyowl
09-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Now I just need the get pocket aces in the big blind and everyone folds to you bonus.

MrMon
09-23-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, it seems to be valid only once per person, or at least, that is how I interpret this line:

" This is One Time ONLY and MUST occur at Ring Games ONLY."

[/ QUOTE ]

That line wasn't there when the promo started. And much of their advertising says EVERY hand that is cracked. I suspect they relized this was going to cost them a fortune and they switched the T&C, the bastards. Also why they're not paying the automucks, which should make no difference. (I just had one that automucked, we'll see if they pay, but I doubt it.)

Solution to the automuck problem is to turn off the automuck if you see Aces. If you lose, show 'em.

MrMon
09-23-2005, 12:37 PM
I spoke too soon. They paid on an automucked hand. I guess it all depends on your support person. Still, I'd try and make sure to show them, just so they don't have the excuse.

Piers
09-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Thanks I had'nt spotted it. Unfortuanlty I have had aces eighte timers since 18/9 and won every time /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Oh and I guess you should be more inclined to slow play them. And don;t fold them of course.