PDA

View Full Version : Another boring third pair hand.

Redd
09-20-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm posting this one because we don't see many examples of hands like this around here, so I have very little validation whether it's correct or incorrect. Does anybody find a bet on the flop here? Raise pf? Fold pf? Semi-bluff turn? Anything?

The two guys that folded with me are a 33ish vpip calling-station type and a guy on the weak-tight side of TAG. El bettor de rio is an unknown.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (2.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 3.25 BB

MrWookie47
09-20-2005, 08:34 PM
I don't think you can bet the turn since you have so many outs, but I think you can call that river and snap off a bluff a little over 25% of the time.

gharp
09-20-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm gonna go with "raise preflop" on this one. Since you didn't, I'd bet the flop when it's checked to me.

Redd
09-20-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can bet the turn since you have so many outs, but I think you can call that river and snap off a bluff a little over 25% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think so? I actually hadn't really considered it because if I could beat him it would mean he was stone-cold bluffing into 3 people.

CourtJester
09-20-2005, 08:40 PM
The pot is to small to get really tricky, the only time i think a bet is in order is on the turn, but even then, i dont see you taking this down often enough if you dont hit your draw, and i think you're getting at least 2 to the river w/ you, so i think it was fine the way u played it.

WildDan
09-20-2005, 08:40 PM
If I were river better, I could have A high. I'd figure any hand that's paired by now would have bet, and because of that the second K is a complete blank. I could also see a 6 betting the river. I like calling that to pick up the bluff bet.

But I like being much more aggressive earlier on. I'm betting the flop when it's checked to me and semi-bluffing/representing the K. The turn I bet again, because I'm now semi-bluffing with many more outs (picked up OESD) but quite possibly I'm laying down to a check-raise (flush out on board).

Redd
09-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Haha so far we have four people with four differing opinions on four different streets. Perhaps it is good that we see hands like this every once in a while /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jarcon
09-20-2005, 08:55 PM
I would raise PF, bet flop...if called then I think I have to let it go if someone bets.

The way you played, I think you should call river.

bozlax
09-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Two loose players that you've got position on limp in, and you just call with a pocket pair. Rizzle-dizzle that shizzle, beyotch!

Then bet the flop, and turn when it's checked to you, if you haven't won already.

Redd
09-20-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Two loose players that you've got position on limp in, and you just call with a pocket pair. Rizzle-dizzle that shizzle, beyotch!

Then bet the flop, and turn when it's checked to you, if you haven't won already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I do agree this should have been a pfr. I had been raising a little light in this session and people were starting to play back, so I decided I'd try limping. I don't really like where it ended up.

Redd
09-20-2005, 09:28 PM
I'm interested in hearing more about the flop bet, having limped pf. Is everyone betting to try to fold everyone, or because they think we have the best hand?

aces_dad
09-20-2005, 09:29 PM
As played, I do think I have the best hand on the flop, but a very vulnerable one and bet when checked to since don't mind taking it down immediately. If called in multiple places I just c/c the turn, if called in just one we have a harder decision.