PDA

View Full Version : OK another database to hell

speirs
09-20-2005, 04:47 PM
I've been using PokerOffice before and after a few database malfunctions I bought PokerTracker, like I should have done in the first place.

Anyway, I wanted to lookup a TT hand that I totally [censored] up, to post and let everybody know how stupid I am. But OMFG it has happened again: The hand is not there!

So basically my question is: When, in the name of all holy gods combined, does PT add a hand and its results to the database? I thought when the next hand starts the previous hand is added to a file and later added to the database. But this is not the case.

smartalecc5
09-20-2005, 05:34 PM
When, in the name of all holy gods combined, does PT add a hand and its results to the database?

When you import it.

speirs
09-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Ho Ho Ho said santa. The sh1t is being auto-imported. Yes, I may look stupid, in fact: I am, but this is the sh1t my 4 year old checks before asking this Q. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

TheTROLL
09-21-2005, 06:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But OMFG it has happened again: The hand is not there!

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The sh1t is being auto-imported.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't have it both ways. If it's not there, it isn't being auto-imported. You're either failing to find it through PT, or failing to import it correctly.

speirs
09-21-2005, 07:06 AM
Thanx for the feedback.

When I start PT I go to the menu and let it auto-import for partyskins. When I start playing it says "Found x files and x hands have been imported". It does not give any errors whatsoever so I assume everything goes OK. But now this particular hand, I know it was the last hand I played at that table. I played it, the hand was over, the next hand started and I closed the table. Still, it is not in the database.

Also, after discovering this, I started watching more closely and I am almost 100% sure that it just misses some hands. I do not know why or what I am doing wrong. For example, I am on e pretty large downswing and although PT gives some numbers I know it just isn't all there what I lost. I lost more.

It might be better to post this on the PT forums I guess. Any comments over here are appreciated though!

TheTROLL
09-21-2005, 07:13 AM
Oh, I see... I think I've seen my last hand of a session get missed before, didn't think much of it. I believe the Party clients write the history file line by line, so it's more likely PT is getting confused by the next hand being incomplete - try waiting until the first hand you don't play has completed?

speirs
09-21-2005, 07:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
try waiting until the first hand you don't play has completed?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I guess it's something like that but I am almost certain that I always wait until the next hand starts, that should be enough I hope.

I will do some research on the PT forums.

09-21-2005, 11:32 AM
But the hand is still in a folder somewhere, on your disk.

Even if you don't have PokerTracker your hand histories get saved to text (this is PartyPoker, right?) so if you played it, you should be able to find the file.

Jim Easton
09-21-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Still, it is not in the database.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you wait until the next auto-import report (. . . found x files and imported y hands)?

speirs
09-21-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But the hand is still in a folder somewhere, on your disk.

Even if you don't have PokerTracker your hand histories get saved to text (this is PartyPoker, right?) so if you played it, you should be able to find the file.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes you are right. I posted in PT forums and I will do a re-import later today.

speirs
09-21-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Still, it is not in the database.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you wait until the next auto-import report (. . . found x files and imported y hands)?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi. Yes I did.

speirs
09-22-2005, 02:52 AM
Re-importing the hands from the folder they automatically are transferred to solved the problem!