PDA

View Full Version : A Death Question

housenuts
09-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Say you are hiking along by yourself along a mountain ridgeline and suddenly you plummet to your death. Before you enter heaven you are given the choice

either,

a) You can return to your body and come back to life. You will have no memory of your death, and just assume you survived the fall. You will have no long-lasting effects from the fall, just a few scrapes and bruises. However for this to happen, someone else has to suffer a similar tragic accident. This can't be any random person. It has to be someone close to you, and you can choose the person. Assuming x is the amount of people you get to choose between, how big would x have to be for you to make this choice rather than,

b) simply enter heaven

To clarify, if x=1 then that would be the closest person to you in your life. The greater x is the less you care for the person.

09-20-2005, 04:00 PM

Be a man.

You should have learned how to properly steer a bike in the first place. Survival of the fittest.

Plus, anyone who selects any number other than 0, would not get to re-enter Heaven upon re-death.

09-20-2005, 04:21 PM
just a random question

for me, x=? would include George W. Bush /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

and whatever the answer is, that's the number i choose

09-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Very telling.

Trantor
09-20-2005, 06:00 PM
This must be up there with the dumbest questions. What could possibly mean you don't want to go straight to heaven? This seems a total no brainer to me...at least for people with no brains who believe in the heaven crap in the first place.

housenuts
09-20-2005, 07:31 PM
mayhaps you'd be leaving a family behind that needs your support. mayhaps you value your life (because of the support you can offer others) higher than someone elses.

if that's not the case, since you have no friends or loved ones, then go to heaven...or if you feel it's not right/unethical, to do such a thing.

fatdave
09-21-2005, 02:46 AM
I am so not Christian, but I do understand the concept of "being saved", even if I don't believe in it (although perhaps I believe in it on more of an "enlightenment" level).

My answer depends on if person X gets a free ticket to Heaven, or if they are still "judged".

I'm reminded of the glurgy story I read once about the father who has to throw the last remaining life jacket to one of his two drowning sons.... and he chooses to throw it at the "unsaved" one, because he knows it's okay if the "saved" one dies, because he's going to go to Heaven anyways.