PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else get [censored] this hard by the party crash?

NLSoldier
09-20-2005, 02:52 PM
The final hand on one of my tables was totaly complete. Pokerace had already shown my opponents hand. The pot was just sitting there waiting to get shipped my way, and now empire is emailing me telling me it was a "misdeal." Im assuming this has happened to others in the past...do I have any shot of recovering this money? I alreayd wrote a reply to their email with the HH # and all the details of the hand and told them how ridiculous it was, but Im not liking my chances.

krimson
09-20-2005, 03:08 PM
This happens everytime they crash, and no you will not get the money.

09-20-2005, 03:11 PM
I remember a post from a couple weeks ago saying the same thing. From what I remember, it didn't turn out the way you would want it to. That really sucks.

DeathDonkey
09-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Same thing happened to me. The HH didn't make it into my PT. I don't expect to see the money. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

-DeathDonkey

Siingo
09-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Hmmm I think the other players was preaty happy. It suck when this happens when you are ahead.. Do not expect to get the money..

Alobar
09-20-2005, 05:37 PM
sometimes they will give it to you, sometimes they wont. Which is even more frustrating, pick one and [censored] stick with it. Its also completely and totally stupid that the hand isnt over until the cheese dick graphics have the hand shipped to you.

But yeah, party is run by idiots, so none of this is really suprising.

DocMartin
09-20-2005, 08:01 PM
I think it has to do with their definition of when a hand is officially over. And their definition is as close to "when the next blinds are paid" as you can get.

NLSoldier
09-20-2005, 09:11 PM
OK wow, this is rediculous. Im gonna paste three consescutive and completely contradictory emails from them....

The first one...

[ QUOTE ]
Dear XXXXXXXX,

We apologize for the disruption you encountered at 'Table 52032' table on 09/20/2005.

Our records indicate that you had $2875 at the start of that game. As a result of the disruption, that game has been construed as a 'misdeal' and we have refunded the money back to your Account.

We greatly appreciate your support and thank you for playing at EmpirePoker.com.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our Customer Care Department is open 24/7 and we look forward to serving you.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is indeed what they did...I was supposed to win a $557 pot but instead they only refunded the $160 which I had contributed to it.

THen I reply and bitch at them, and they send this...

[ QUOTE ]
Dear David,We understand your concern however, the hand number which you are referring is a misdeal (the hand which is cancelled due to technical difficulties) and will not be recorded in our database. Hence, we will not be able to view that hand history. We see that, you had $2875 at the start of this hand and as per our live game cancellation policy, the same amount was refunded to your account. Please note that, even if the hand or game is cancelled at the last time or the end of the hand, it will be named as misdeal and the refunds would be done according to the cancellation policy. For more information on the cancellation policy, please go through the following link:http://www.empirepoker.com/games/disconnection_policy

[/ QUOTE ]

I reply again saying how the hand WAS complete and bitching some more. And they send THIS...

[ QUOTE ]
Dear David,Thank you for contacting us.In regard to your e-mail, we do understand your concern. However, we would like to inform you that we did face technical difficulty with few of our live games and one among that was the table 52032. But the hand that you have mentioned "2743530919ý did complete with out any interruption. I see that you had a full house, Twos full of nines -- 9h, 9d, 2d, 2h, 2c and won $557 which was credited to your account. We have also, attached the hand history for the hand number 2743530919 so that you can check that youýre self.However, the difficulty that we faced was after that and at the time any had you were playing which could not be completed will be considered as a misdeal and what ever you had on the table will be credited to your real money account. Also we are sending the transaction history of the games played on 20th September as an attachment. You can check transaction history of your account:1. Click on 'My Account' in the lobby.2. Then on 'Go to My Account (website)'. 3. On the right hand side is the heading 'Other Options'. The second option under this heading is 'View the activity of your Account'. 4. Click on it and you can view your account activity information for 30 days prior to your last log in time. This information is shown a week at a time. If you have any more queries you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you.Have a good day

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is true EXCEPT that they did not credit the $557.
Do they really think I am that stupid?

HesseJam
09-21-2005, 03:21 AM
That's great news, now you have something going for yourself! Should be easy for them to check your accounts to see whether it was credited or not.

LoveDub
09-21-2005, 09:49 AM
You might want to have a look at this link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=3309161&Forum= ,f14,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main=3309161&Se arch=true&where=bodysub&Name=12586&daterange=1&new erval=1&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev= #Post3309161).

I can send you the e-mails I sent them as well. I ended up getting $50 of the $73 back. I had to threaten to leave forever though... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

FishInAPhoneBooth
09-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Using the: "Well I guess my Empire account is going to be a whole lot more active then" line got me the $$ credited to my account as a bonus I had to play for.

Alobar
09-21-2005, 07:01 PM
results?