PDA

View Full Version : Golf Usernames????

sullydavid
05-08-2003, 10:55 AM
While playing online at different sites I see two trends. Lot's of people with poker references in their name. This seems to make sense, not my choice, but it is for poker so go for it. The other I just don't get. Seems there are a ton of people with golf in their username. Is there some sort of inside joke that I am not getting?

RiverMel
05-08-2003, 11:07 AM
Yes, it's a big inside joke.. you'll never get it if you don't already. You're way off the fairway in the sand trap. FORE! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

RiverMel
05-08-2003, 11:09 AM
Just kidding.. I would assume it's just that lots of poker players like to play golf too. I don't know of any other reason than that, but I guess I may be in the dark about it too.

Inthacup
05-08-2003, 11:18 AM
I've seen people more obsessed with golf than with poker. Once you start playing golf and getting into it, you can get the bug really bad. I'd imagine that it's just something other than poker that people really get into. My moniker is golf-related. When I was thinking of "cool" names, somehow golf just fell in there.

lorinda
05-08-2003, 01:09 PM
Golfer usernames seem to play better than just your average fish as a rule.

Id still have most of them down as fish (InThaCup is an exception of course) but they play tighter than a typical gambling fish with the name RoundersKGBWorm

Lori

RiverMel
05-08-2003, 01:14 PM
Phil Ivey's sometime nickname is "the Tiger Woods of Poker." He seems to play pretty well. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

RollaJ
05-08-2003, 02:00 PM
"the Tiger Woods of Poker."

Leave that one for RGP /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

DaNoob
05-08-2003, 04:35 PM
I have to agree with Inthacup on this one. I almost bought a bowling ball just because it had a huge golf ball design in it.

Using a golf-like user name on a poker site is child's play compared to this.

beernutz
05-08-2003, 05:11 PM
I think, like poker, golf is one of those hobbies that can easily become an obsession. For many golfers, golf is their life.

kmbgolf
05-08-2003, 05:44 PM
BINGO /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

gonores
05-08-2003, 06:45 PM
Golf is the natural day-time compliment to poker, as it can easily be turned into a gambling game where skill is involved in the outcome. It's another way to get some sweet action crammed into your day without depending on the luck of the draw. My guess would be that most of the golf monikers in online poker rooms play golf with at least some sort of monetary action in the game.