PDA

View Full Version : Alan Keyes

01-25-2002, 07:16 PM
Well, I've watched his show a couple of time and have enjoyed it. Does anyone have any opinions on it (or his sweater)?

01-25-2002, 08:00 PM
I can't comment on the show yet (too much poker in California!) but I intend to watch it.

However, Keyes was the most interesting Republican candidate to listen to during the 2000 primaries before McCain caught fire. As a Massachusetts resident then, I had access to New Hampshire's ABC affiliate WMUR which had an extroidinary amount of coverage of the primary there. Keyes constantly received the best crowd reactions based on (1) his ultra-conservative views and (2) his remarkable speaking ability.

Those two factors make me think he's got an excellent chance to succeed as a host of a political talk show. I expect him to be around for many years and to become much more influential as a TV commentator than he ever could have been as a politician.

01-25-2002, 08:53 PM
"Keyes was the most interesting Republican candidate to listen to during the 2000 primaries"

Well, the competition wasn't exactly scintillating. Listening to Steve Forbes and George Bush debate is about as exciting as watching grass grow (or several times more exciting than listening to Al Gore and Bill Bradley debate).

My politics are 180 degrees opposite from those of Keyes, and I haven't seen his show, but I agree wholeheartedly with you. He seems to have the dynamic personality and great speaking ability that should bode well for him as a talking head.

01-25-2002, 10:52 PM
I watched him during the 1996 and 2000 Republican primary debates and found him exceptionally articulate, with strong conservative conviction. This comes across quite refreshing from a black American intellectual when one compares J. Jackson, A. Sharpston, etc., political ideology.

I believe, Alan Keyes has a Ph.D. in Political Science and has served as a US Ambassador at the U.N.

I think he'll do fine.

01-26-2002, 07:03 AM
Well, I too have not seen his show yet but I have a favorable impression of the guy I think. He seems a bit too far left and seems to be a bit of a religious right type but I think he means well. I will venture a guess that I'd probably rather watch O'Reily then Keyes though. Then again having not seen Alan's actual show its tough to say, although I have seen him on TV a few times so I have a decent idea of where he stands politically speaking.

Kris

01-26-2002, 07:41 AM
Saw a small part of his show; he's witty, quick-minded, and just plain nuts. In other words, just the ticket for TV these days. Expect to hear that posting the Ten Commandments in public school classrooms will save the country. Of course, he helped make the Republican debates the best comedy on TV in a long time. I like his sweaters, too.

John

01-26-2002, 11:42 AM
is pretty cool, how about watching paint dry?

I don't know if the show is aired here but I would watch. He is a great speaker and if I remember correctly, I liked much of the content.

01-26-2002, 01:56 PM
He seems a bit too far left

Left? Left of what? Left of fascism?

This guy is about as far right as you can go in America and still be credible. He's more conservative than any Republican Presidential candiate in the last quarter century.

01-26-2002, 02:11 PM
Didn't know he has a TV show (I live a location far more remote than Zee).

Used to love his radio show. I think he used to read news clippings about police officers wounded in the line of duty, and give the cop an on-air salute.

I had never heard of him before those New Hampshire debates, but I remember thinking as I watched, "Keyes just kicked everybody's ass, and it won't matter in the least."

Bobby

01-27-2002, 01:04 AM
yeah he is a bit too far right for me. Damn I gotta quit posting after a night of drinking at punk shows in hollywood or Orange County or wherever the hell we were.

Kris

01-27-2002, 01:51 AM
Smoking too much reefer?

01-27-2002, 05:18 AM
No way dude drugs are for idiots, or those striving to become one. I tried weed a few times like when I was in high school (maybe 5 or 6) times and I hated it. As for shrooms, did those once it kicked ass, and did acid twice. So there's my drug history out in the open for anybody who cares. I will never do drugs again, and I haven't touched any since 1999. I just tried a few tims while i was young and luckily i have no long term effects so I'm cool. Now I just drink about twice a month, sometimes less, I'm too busy playing punkrawk so I keep it easy on myself and stay sober 28 days a month :-) Hell I have 6 hours of practice lined up tomorrow geez.

Kris

01-28-2002, 01:23 PM
Good for you!