PDA

View Full Version : TT in the BB, final 3, what would you do?

Al_Capone_Junior
05-08-2003, 10:54 AM
$30 one table tourney on paradise. Final three, I'm in the money. I've got the shortest stack with about T1100. Blinds are 150-300. I post and have about T800 left. The button raises all-in for slightly more than I have. The SB, who's got most of the chips, also goes all-in for about T7500. I've got TT.

I know the button would raise with many hands worse than mine. I know the SB would call with less than TT too. The Sb's big reraise is purely psychological, as I don't even have enough chips left to call the initial raise. He got to his position by playing kinda loose and getting real lucky, so I can't necessarily put him on a real hand.

I decided to fold. I figured when two opponents get into a big confrontation three way, I can only benefit.

Grrrrrrr.......

The button had J9s and the sb had A8o. An eight flopped, but a nine hit the river.

I was immediately knocked out third on the next hand when my A3 ran into AQ.

Comments?

ohkanada
05-08-2003, 02:32 PM
If you were not 3 handed it is an easy fold with TT to a raise and re-raise.

Based on the stack sizes it is likely a call. As you said the button may well be raising with anything. If you feel the SB will defend with almost anything then TT is likely the best hand. The problem of course is you could be up against 3 or 4 overcards.

Ken Poklitar

ElSapo
05-08-2003, 02:44 PM
I'd definitely call, the decision made easy (for me) b/c you're short stacked and this could be the best opportunity you get before you're basically blinded off. It's gonna cost you 450 a round and you've got 800 left... Seems like you've got a decent hand and a chance to tripple up.

...but then again, I'm not the best person to take advice from on these things.

happyjaypee
05-08-2003, 05:05 PM
my early success in online poker came from those tourney on paradise. whit about 300 1-table tourney under my belt there, I'd say call. You are basically folding, hopping the 2nd leader bust, to lock up 30$ more. (I assume the payout are 60$-90$-150$). Take your chance a trippling up, it put you in a much better spot for 1st place and lossing the hand is only 30$ less then folding for 2nd place.

my 2 cents.

-Happy /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

davidross
05-08-2003, 05:06 PM
I think it's very close.

You are guaranteed $60. By folding you have a 50% chance of gaining an extra $30 (+15 for you) but leaving you less than 10% chance of 1st (+6). By playing you have I will guess a 25% chance of tripling up(not knowing their cards, having seen their cards your chances are probably better than that), leaving you a 33% chance of winning the tournament (+5) and about an 80% chance of 2nd (+6). So it would seem better for you to fold.

This is very fuzzy math though.

eMarkM
05-08-2003, 05:37 PM
This is an easy call to me. People go all-in with all kinds of garbage at PP sit-n-gos when it gets down to three. I'm constantly amazed (I had a BB call down my AK all-in with 76o--yes, he flopped a pair and I was out). Especially the big stack, looking to bully. With blinds where they're at, you're looking at about a half dozen hands before you're blinded off. How many more chances are you going to have? If you win you triple up and have a good chance of going on to win. If you lose, well, you we're probably going to get blinded off anyway. Now if all three of you were even, then I would probably fold as blinds aren't as big a threat to you. But your situation is more desparate so I think you have to take your chances here.

Al_Capone_Junior
05-09-2003, 01:49 PM
In retrospect, I think calling would have been better. There was only a 50% chance I'd skate into second by folding, but the additional chips I would have gained by winning the pot would have given me a much better chance to win the whole thing.

al