PDA

View Full Version : When is it time to get up

Clownfish
09-20-2005, 01:53 PM
I was playing 1/2 on a Crypto site last night and saw that the table was 15/5. I never seem to leave tables to find better games but this was a little too much for me so I actually left the table for another. It started me thinking that I don't do this often enough. I usually just try to rough it out but, obviously there are better fish to fry. How often do you leave a table and what are your bounderies for staying/leaving?

09-20-2005, 01:56 PM
I play on party. I will usually stay at a table as long as there are two 40+ VPIP fish, as I will have good stats on them and will hope that some of the tight players leave. I wouldn't contemplate staying at a table such as the one you descrbie.

DCWildcat
09-20-2005, 02:05 PM
1) If you can't profitably limp with low PPs and Axs in early
2) If it's profitable steal the blinds with some frequency
3) If the VP$IP is below 30 and you don't have any other good reason (position on an extreme LAG, etc.)

Clownfish
09-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Seeing VPIP over 30 seems relatively rare to me. Well, not rare but I wouldn't say it's the norm either. I usually play 8 at a time and usually it's 1 or 2 that are over 30. Does that mean that you are changing a lot.

Rev. Good Will
09-20-2005, 06:31 PM
if i have a crappy seat

DCWildcat
09-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Maybe more than most, but not that often (I was at the same table for 6 hours today and it never dropped below 42).

I think table selection is horribly underrated.

mojobluesman
09-20-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seeing VPIP over 30 seems relatively rare to me. Well, not rare but I wouldn't say it's the norm either. I usually play 8 at a time and usually it's 1 or 2 that are over 30. Does that mean that you are changing a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you play 8 tables at a time without an intravenous xanax drip?

Do you tighten up your hand standards?

bozlax
09-20-2005, 06:43 PM
I'll usually get up when my ass falls asleep. Then I just play standing up for a while. I've got a wireless mouse.

[clapping and cheering]Thanks, you've been a great audience. Try the veal and don't forget to tip the waitresses and bartenders.[/clapping and cheering]

But, seriously, folks, I find it MUCH more entertaining to try and adjust my play to the table, especially after I've invested enough time to have a strong stat read on it. For instance, I'm currently sitting at a table with a VPIP of 18! This last orbit I stole the blinds from CO, MP2 and UTG+1. I'm leaving now, because I've just cracked the 15BB level for the next limit, but that was fun!