PDA

View Full Version : The Stars FPP unregistering trick -- can someone explain?

teddyFBI
09-20-2005, 01:00 PM
I've got around 7,000 fpps now, and I just read in another thread about some 'trick' that is apparently common knowledge/practice among Stars users that had to do with registering for a tournament with FPPs, but then unregistering and getting Stars tournament dollars that I can use for ANY Stars tournament.

Would someone mind explaining here how that works? What tournaments can I do that for? How many "tournament dollars" do I get back for, let's say, a 400 FPP entry fee tournament?

DDBeast
09-20-2005, 01:17 PM
I may be wrong...but I think people are referring to playing a FPP qualifier to a tournament and then unregistering when you qualify to the cash tourney. I don't think you can register and unregister for an fpp tourney and get cash.

ZBTHorton
09-20-2005, 01:30 PM
I've never heard of this either...

Kablooie
09-20-2005, 02:10 PM
The specific 'trick' is playing FPP satellite tournaments, and then unregistering to get extra FPP's. There are also regular 500FPP tournaments that award entries to the big weekly tournament, and if you win one of these you can unregister for tournament dollars.

Generally the strategy is to have a sufficiently high win rate in the satellite tournaments that you can generate 1000's of FPP's to use around the site - this was particularly easy to do when the 500 -> 5000 WCOOP tournaments were running daily, but the 300 -> 3000 EPT ones aren't so bad either.