PDA

View Full Version : TEN vs STL

dpen1000
09-20-2005, 12:52 PM
Anyone think that Tennesse will bounce back after the Pitt loss week one and have a decent season? STL seems awfully shaky to be giving up so many points(6.5 in my book). My only concern here would be the dome factor.

Anyone have opinions on the game.

lorinda
09-20-2005, 06:07 PM
My notes on this (and I still have to point out I'm a losing player on sports) are that this is the battle of what seem to be the two most overrated sides and that it's probably worth giving a wide berth.

Edit: My rough line had Ten +3, so I agree with you in principle.

Lori

sergsz
09-20-2005, 06:35 PM
The thing that strikes me as the best value in this game is the o/u - currently at 45.5 (and it looks like money's actually coming in on the under). Both teams got the under last week, but the Rams were playing in Arizone heat instead of the dome, and the Titans were facing a Ravens team whose offense appears to be even worse than previously thought (now that they can't run the ball either). From a talent standpoint, both teams have a lot more going for them on offense than on defense, and they are playing in a dome.

I am not a very experienced sports bettor, though, so i was wondering if anyone else had thoughts on the over?

eggzz
09-20-2005, 07:26 PM
The over sounds like a good play here on paper. I agree. Tennessee was widely thought to be a pass happy team this year, not too solid, and likely playing from behind a lot. The offense that McNair's new coordinator (I think he has a new OC this year) put in place supposedly favors the vertical passing game.

St. Louis has to feel relieved coming home for their first game, not playing well in its first two, and is now where they are most comfortable- at home on their turf.

Even though TN had a nice defensive effort against Baltimore, we know Balt's offense is stagnant, and now TN is on the road. I see the potential for a lot of points in this game, and this should fly nicely under the radar.