PDA

View Full Version : JJ facing turn all-in

baiter
09-20-2005, 12:37 PM
1-2 deep stacks, loose game.

I'm running very well with about ~$1100 behind. Limped to me and I raise to 30 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif on the cut-off. My table image is tight but somewhat tricky. Donkey on the button calls (~400), solid player in BB calls (has me covered), and Villian in LP (~400) thinks and calls.

Flop comes 245 with two spades.

BB checks, Villian quickly bets $100 /images/graemlins/confused.gif

What's my move here? My read puts him squarely on a draw, trying to take down the pot right there.

Anyways, I call $100. Button folds, BB thinks and reluctantly folds.

Turn comes a non-spade 6 and Villian immedietely goes all-in for ~$230 more.

Hero...?????

I've played with Villian several times before and he is more than capable of making moves especially when he is on a big draw, but is generally a solid player. This hand has been bothering me all night, I think I grossly misplayed it.

troymclur
09-20-2005, 12:46 PM
If you thought he was on a draw, why call the 100? Reraise 200.

He prolly has a set though.

Spladle Master
09-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Suck less.

Leptyne
09-20-2005, 01:53 PM
when you look at villain's stack size you can see that with only $230 left after his $100 lead he's in a tough spot. He just doesn't have enough left to bet the turn and river so he'll have to push the turn. If you are going to play I think you have to put him all-in on the flop. That way you're the agressor and he has to make the correct decision.

I don't particularly like this spot. Short stacks can be unpredictable.