PDA

View Full Version : best office chair?

stoxtrader
09-20-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm in the market for a top of the line office chair. I planned on simply buying the best herman miller aeron chair and paying full price in order to get the 12 year warranty. but since im lazy i doubt i would ever use the warranty, i also would like to have it shipped directly to my house.

does anyone have suggestions or links about what/where I should buy?

thanks!

jokerthief
09-20-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the market for a top of the line office chair. I planned on simply buying the best herman miller aeron chair and paying full price in order to get the 12 year warranty. but since im lazy i doubt i would ever use the warranty, i also would like to have it shipped directly to my house.

does anyone have suggestions or links about what/where I should buy?

thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought an aeron and love it. Make sure to get the fully adjustable. I don't think that posturefit is nessesary

rohjoh
09-20-2005, 12:40 PM
I bought one from ebay, came with the 12 year warranty.

Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Herman-Miller-Aeron-Chair-AUTHORIZED-RETAILER_W0QQitemZ7547918106QQcategoryZ61677QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem)

M2d
09-20-2005, 01:48 PM
have you sat in an aeron? try it first to make sure you like it and to make sure it fits you. it comes in three sizes (no seat pan depth adjustment) and some people love them while some hate them.

try other chairs as well. Try the steelcase leap chair. it's a damned good chair and about on par with the aeron as far as price.

chisness
09-20-2005, 01:50 PM
anyone know of good ones with a headrest?

M2d
09-20-2005, 02:48 PM
get the leap.

alternatively, the Humanscale Freedom is nice, but I personally don't care for it.
Neutral Posture also makes very good chairs, but I don't think they have head rests. they do, however, have high back chairs that provide neck support.

Rick Nebiolo
09-20-2005, 07:23 PM
If you want one delivered try sit4less.com (http://www.sit4less.com/). They have the Aeron and the Leap chair and I know of others besides me (e.g., a couple RGP posters) that got an Aeron from them and had no problem.

~ Rick