PDA

View Full Version : And I thought my advice was bad...

dcasper70
09-20-2005, 11:50 AM
saw this in the beginner's forum, made me chuckle:
link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=begin&Number=3451060&Forum =,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=34 34640&Search=true&where=&Name=11276&daterange=&new erval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#P ost3451060)

Beavis68
09-20-2005, 12:08 PM
I dont think that is horrible advice for a begginner, especially in the really loose game. Holdem player sees AAxx and thinks they have a damn monster, and won't let go of it for anything.

Low hands play themselves, high hands are difficult. Seems like a flush hits or the board pairs most times.

For really loose games I like the advice from the hutchinson point system, you want a pair or suits with your high hands.

PokerCat69
09-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Not playing AAKK seems absurd to me.
You can't wait all day for AA23ss, well you could if you found a magical way to be seated without paying the blinds :P

sy_or_bust
09-20-2005, 02:54 PM
The problem with new players and high-only hands is that they tend to lose more with them than they win. Obviously when you connect with a set, it is usually a profitable situation. But when the board comes Q92r or even 25J, etc., how should you play? You need experience to handle these situations correctly - new players tend to indiscriminately showdown aces, etc., not realizing what sort of high hands tend to develop by the river in a 3+ handed pot.

Jorge10
09-20-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know, it seemed like he was just saying it wasnt a great hand in omaha high low, which is true.

Beavis68
09-20-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know, it seemed like he was just saying it wasnt a great hand in omaha high low, which is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is how I took it. I am gonna play AAKK in any spot. but I will probably fold it a lot post flop.