PDA

View Full Version : I think the blind bet out is more effective in NL

DcifrThs
09-20-2005, 10:40 AM
i.e. PL 2k party.

yes i suck at NL, yes we know this, but ive managed to find a whole slew of poeple who suck way worse than i do and im slightly better at PL.

anyways, onto the hand that gave me the idea. sb and bb both have me covered and i have 2k. i open with AQ for the standard 70. sb and bb call. so about 210 in the pot.

flop is KT7 completely dry. sb thinks for a while and bets out 95, bb folds i fold. sb is definately way loose (from my limit stats-65/6/1.02 over 700 hands) and bb i have no read. anyways, i may have folded the best hand but im sure a fold here is correct...and if its correct for me here, then i should be betting outmore i presume.

thoughts?
Barron

edge
09-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Leading into the preflop raiser is very common in big bet. A lot of the time, it's used to set up a reraise push, depending on stack sizes. Of course, you can't lead with only good hands, because then your opponents could play perfectly, so you also lead with bluffs, mediocre hands, and draws.

You don't necessarily have to fold that flop. You can call with the intent of picking up the pot on the turn, or you can raise him out on the flop. If you think his small bet means weakness, then you can take the pot easily.

AZK
09-20-2005, 12:04 PM
I call here alot with the intention of hitting a jack on the turn or raising any bet he makes and taking it down.

gomberg
09-20-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I call here alot with the intention of hitting a jack on the turn or raising any bet he makes and taking it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be a leak in my game, but I do this an awful lot as well - should mine myself to see how good I am at it...

ahnuld
09-20-2005, 01:52 PM
This is auto call for me. I call to take away if checked to or to hit the J. But I also call in that spot with AK, KT KK TT.