PDA

View Full Version : (33) - scary two pair level 2

schwza
09-20-2005, 10:16 AM
don't remember reads on villain.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t995)
SB (t685)
Hero (t1095)
UTG (t1105)
UTG+1 (t510)
MP1 (t715)
MP2 (t770)
MP3 (t1350)
CO (t775)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t90) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t65</font>, MP1 calls t65, SB folds.

Turn: (t220) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ?

09-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Wishes he bet more on the flop? I'm easily betting 100 on this flop. On the turn, you still have the nut flush draw and 4 outs for a boat. I'd probably bet around 250 on the turn.

bigt439
09-20-2005, 12:47 PM
You really have to check this turn. You don't want to get blown off your hand, and you'll have to fold if he raises your bet. This board is equally scary for him as you, so he should be checking behind alot, which is good. If he bets, evaluate the size of his bet and call or fold. You don't have a great hand here.

suited_ace
09-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Meh... I go into check-fold mode. I think I'd have bet more on the flop, though.

pokerdirty
09-20-2005, 12:58 PM
with the way you have played it, i think you go ahead and bet the pot. you certainly dont' think he's playing QJ there do you? there is a slight chance he's got a J, but i expect a spade draw and/or an Ax here.

kyro
09-20-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Meh... I go into check-fold mode. I think I'd have bet more on the flop, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-folding when you have half the deck as outs is generally a bad idea. I check/call the turn though. I really want to see that river card and getting raised would suck suck suck.

Rduke55
09-20-2005, 01:26 PM
I'd check call a reasonable bet. I like checking here because if he hit it he may bet to try and get some chips off of you rather than blowing you out of the hand.

suited_ace
09-20-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-folding when you have half the deck as outs is generally a bad idea. I check/call the turn though. I really want to see that river card and getting raised would suck suck suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooops... didn't see the turn was a club. I agree with your line.

jeffraider
09-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Well first of all there's approximately zero chance I'm getting blown off this hand with a raise. I have two pair, I have the royal flush draw, and I can still catch a J for a board split. I'd probably check, then call a very small bet or raise a larger bet all-in. Don't forget, your hand still has a very decent chance of being good here, so it's not like you've gotta start counting outs and praying to hit them, you could well be ahead.

schwza
09-20-2005, 02:20 PM
i didn't like betting, because i would have to call a push with my outs, so i'd rather get the money in differently. i'm not too worried about a free card. also, i won't know where i stand against a flat call.

i didn't like check-calling, because i didn't know if i would get paid off if i hit. i also thought there was some chance i'd get blown off my hand by a worse hand on the river, or that i'd wind up paying off a Q.

i checked, villain bet 200, and i c/r'ed all-in. this pretty much killed the showdown value of my hand (if he calls, i'm not winning unimproved). but i thought this line might induce a bet from a weaker hand, a free card would not kill me (i can check-call if i miss), and even if i did get called by a hand like QJ, i have 9 + 3 scoop outs and 2 more chops. hardly a disaster.

villain folded.