PDA

View Full Version : I keep losing heads up with this scenario

dmoney
09-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Im playing good aggressive game.

Say its about even usually heads up in a SnG. I find i bust out quite often when this same situation arises.

EX.

I raise 4x BB preflop with 10,7. Flop comes 8,9,10

I bet out about the size of the pot. he raises me all in.

I usually call cause i have a fair # of outs.
I have a pair with an open ended straight draw.

At the time im like. ok my outs are most likely FOUR 6s. THREE 7s, TWO 10s and FOUR Js.

13 out of 47

Turned out I had FOUR 6s. THREE 7s, and FOUR Js.
11 out of 47 outs.

the pot odds were close to 3:1

12k in already, 3k more to call.

he flips up 8,10.

I lose.

Do I give to much weight to open ended straight draws. Should i check here? Or fold to an all in raise?

The player is pretty strong. but wouldnt be adverse to reraising with top pair good kicker.

so im sure im beat at this point but i know i have some outs.

Did i overplay it?
Thoughts.

And NO u dont need to know the size of hte blinds here cause it is inconsecquential.

octaveshift
09-20-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

so im sure im beat at this point

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah? Then why are you calling?

If you are behind, you have 8 outs to hit your OESD, assuming villain doesn't hold any of those cards. That gives you about a 32% chance to win the hand.

Unless you are getting better pot odds than that, you should fold if you "know" you are behind.

45suited
09-20-2005, 09:58 AM
I think he's talking about about flopping TP + OESD when down to the final two of the SNG, which would be an absolute monster hand. Then he asks if he should fold this monster getting 3:1 to call because he keeps running into two pair heads up in this spot.

Which would make this merely a bad beat post. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Nicholasp27
09-20-2005, 10:14 AM
the size of the blind are NEVER inconsequential

just let us know that the blinds were 250/500 here and be done with it

diebitter
09-20-2005, 10:16 AM
bad beats/variance

Ask yourself this - if I were in the same situation a million times, would I come out ahead with my play over the million? Or is there a better play where I'd come out better than making the first play?

If you think 'yes' to one of them, that's the play to make.

Roland32
09-20-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he's talking about about flopping TP + OESD when down to the final two of the SNG, which would be an absolute monster hand. Then he asks if he should fold this monster getting 3:1 to call because he keeps running into two pair heads up in this spot.

Which would make this merely a bad beat post. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

dmoney
09-20-2005, 10:38 AM
ok. i didnt meant top pair and OESD.

Also flopping ANY PAIR and an OESD

With bottom or middle pair or even a lower pocket pair with an OESD should I still stick with it?

In that situation i was getting 4:1 pot odds so i did call. BUT i felt that i probably shoulda folded.

Also what about NO pair with an OESD.

Should i put the win at risk just becuase pot odds say i should? I dont really care as much about pot odds when im heads up. I care more about knowing i should be getting my money in with the best of it.

I hate being heads up and having to draw out when all in with something as weak as an OESD. I do think i give to much credit to my hand when i have OEST alone.

I feel in this situation we were evenly matched but mostly i feel i have an edge heads up. Ive played ALOT of heads up in the past year so im better then most at lower limit SnGs. i cash 57% of the time in SnGs at 20$ or below. So i do feel i can outplay most. Should i dump the open ended straight draws to a big bet even if im gettin correct odds?....if i feel i can outplay him later?

45suited
09-20-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i cash 57% of the time in SnGs at 20$ or below.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Nicholasp27
09-20-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i cash 57% of the time in SnGs at 20$ or below.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

small sample size

dmoney
09-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Well ive tracked it since i started playing them.

over 500. for me thats alot.

maybe its not enough for you math folks BUT Im not like everyone else. I dont care as much about moving up in the levels when the competition is so weak at the bottom ill stay down here all day and keep learning and winning.

Nicholasp27
09-20-2005, 11:51 AM
i don't think anybody has accurately and credibly gotten 57% itm in 10-handed sngs

if u have, you may be the first to have a long enough heater to obtain that over 500