PDA

View Full Version : Weak Flopped Broadway in SB vs LAG and W/P

09-20-2005, 09:22 AM
PL50

<font color="red">Hero (61.50)</font>
<font color="blue">Villian1 (152.60)</font>
<font color="purple">Villian2 (19)</font>

Reads: <font color="blue">Villian1</font> has seen just about every flop for 30+ hands and using his stack to drive people out of pots. He has been caught a couple times making 1/2 to full pot flop bets and CB the turn. <font color="purple">Villian2</font> plays way too many hands, only gets aggressive with the nuts and generally pays too much for draws.

<font color="red">Hero</font> is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

PF: 4 folds, MP2 <font color="blue">Villian1 calls (.5)</font>, MP3 <font color="purple">Villian2 calls (.5)</font>, CO calls (.5), B folds, SB <font color="red">Hero checks</font>, BB checks.

Flop: 10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Ad/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif

<font color="red">Hero checks</font>, BB checks, MP2 <font color="blue">Villian1 bets (2)</font>, MP3 <font color="purple">Villian2 calls (2)</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises (10)</font>, BB folds, <font color="blue">Villian1 calls (8)</font>, <font color="purple">Villian2 calls (8)</font>.

Turn: 10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Ad/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif

<font color="red">Hero ???</font>

So, now I have the nut straight with the nut flush draw on a paired board after having CRed. I'm thinking that Villian1 has a diamond flush draw (possibly nut, but he has bet non-nuts before) and was just trying to build a pot in case it hit. Villian2 could have a wide range of hands, but is certainly drawing on the flop. What is your move on the turn?

Results in white below:

<font color="white">Hero bets (15), Villian1 folds, Villian2 folds.
Hero wins 46.50.</font>

DRKEVDC
09-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Pot the turn. If the LAG had hit something I would think he would reraise your CR. Now the interesting question is what do you do if you pot the turn and he comes over the top?

KDawgCometh
09-20-2005, 06:00 PM
I'd lead out with about $25 here, and possibly fold to a raise. For me to make a fold to a raise I do have to ask the question, are either of the Lag's capable of bluff raising on the turn here

DyessMan89
09-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Tough decision. I dont think you are ahead that often here, but idk. I would probobly make a small blocking bet, and fold to a raise. (depending on a lot of variables, though)

09-21-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now the interesting question is what do you do if you pot the turn and he comes over the top?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the question. Given that it didn't happen, I not exactly sure what I would have done. As long as no one had the 10c, I had at least one out, but making a call based only on that has to be -EV.

While the guy was certainly LAG pre-flop and on the flop, he wasn't completely crazy and would usually fold if he figured he had no outs. So, his reraise would have signaled to me that he had filled up, most likely with top-two on the flop. I probably would have to just give up the third of my stack that was in the pot after letting the time run down.

Maybe I am too weak, but I just don't think he was capable of bluff-raising on the turn there. 1 out is better than no outs though...