PDA

View Full Version : A Hammock in a Hurricane

jakethebake
09-20-2005, 08:17 AM
...ok so it Rita isn't technically a hurricane yet. It sounded better than "A Hammock in a Tropical Storm" although I also see merit in something along the lines of "Having Fun in a Hammock with Rita" as a thread title.

Anyway, late last night I got the urge to make a phonecall to someone that turned out not to be home anyway. After making my phonecall, I decide it's pretty nice out there in my hammock in the storm. So I go back in and grab a Shiner Bock from the fridge and lie outside in my hammock for a couple of hours. It was really nice. Nothing and nobody bothering me. No noise at all except the wind and rain. And avacados and coconuts falling out of the trees. I don't get much time alone with my thoughts these days. I pretty much came to the conclusion that if this was this much fun then I really need more time to myself. I also have to admit I was tempted to give Pedro a rubdown out there. Anyway four beers later I almost fell asleep. Well this post is pretty meaningless. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jason_t
09-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Rita and Pedro sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s...?

Its name is Pedro?

jakethebake
09-20-2005, 08:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its name is Pedro?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. Why not?

diebitter
09-20-2005, 08:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its name is Pedro?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Pedro like the thought of giving a pinata of the blonde running for class president a good 'bashing'?

Shajen
09-20-2005, 08:55 AM
Time alone is often a good thing.

That's why I do my best thinking on the shitter.

steelcmg
09-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Whats this crap of taking time off from OOT Jake at this rate u will never get to 20k posts. Stop slacking off outside and keep posting /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jakethebake
09-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Well it's a hurricane now. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sephus
09-20-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its name is Pedro?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Pedro like the thought of giving a pinata of the blonde running for class president a good 'bashing'?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/9854/bril0og.jpg

benfranklin
09-20-2005, 02:18 PM
I thought this was a variation on the punch line to an old joke:

He said he needed to get laid in the worst way. So they did it in a hammock in a hurricane.

Vish
09-20-2005, 02:35 PM
It's not a meaningless post. The image of someone doing a little instrospection in a hammock with a beer in a hurricane is rather beautiful, I think. Thank you for it.

IndieMatty
09-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Deep Thoughts by Jake Handy

jakethebake
09-20-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Deep Thoughts by Jake Handy

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's Jake Handy? Actually my thoughts weren't all that deep. They mostly just centered around SIISomeone'sP.

DMBFan23
09-20-2005, 04:06 PM
I hate to quote friends, but...

Joey: "Yeah, I thought I would want my own place to have more time alone with my thoughts, but it turns out, I don't have that many thoughts"