PDA

View Full Version : New to smoking, a few q's

captZEEbo1
09-20-2005, 07:44 AM
Alright, I just learned how to smoke (21 years old). I absolutely LOVE the buzz I get from smoking, but I hear that if you smoke too often you lose the buzz (and will get addicted to smoking). I have no intention of getting addicted; I'm pretty sure I can control myself. What frequency can I smoke and still expect to get a buzz everytime I smoke?

If it was only 1 cigarette per week, I'd be fine with that. But the last thing I want to do is get addicted and/or lose the buzz I get from smoking. Also, what brands do you guys like for casual smoking? I've only tried marlbro red medium 100s (or something like that) and some sort of Swisher Sweets.

Also, let's say I actually stick to only smoking once every other day or something, how unhealthy is this for me?

ChipWrecked
09-20-2005, 07:46 AM
Nice troll.

I recommend you smoke as much as possible, as quickly as possible. Hopefully, you will die before you reproduce and [censored] up the gene pool.

jakethebake
09-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Please, please, please let this post not be a joke. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

captZEEbo1
09-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Doesn't anyone casually or socially smoke? I don't get it.

09-20-2005, 08:04 AM
Studies at the University of Virginia have concluded you can smoke upwards of two packs a day and not get addicted.

The Armchair
09-20-2005, 08:07 AM
YSSCKY.

Oh wait -- you already are.

jokerthief
09-20-2005, 08:09 AM
You simply can't keep that buzz forever. Even at one cig a week, I think that you will lose it. If you're just smoking for the buzz, why not smoke cigars?

ChipWrecked
09-20-2005, 08:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Studies at the University of Virginia have concluded you can smoke upwards of two packs a day and not get addicted.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/aksooted/rofl.gif

You are the coolest FNG on here, Doc.

jakethebake
09-20-2005, 08:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just beautiful! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

uw_madtown
09-20-2005, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I have, and still do.

I typed up a bunch of stuff in defense of casual smoking, but I know I'd still have gotten jumped on for it, so let's just say that I think it's definitely possible to casually smoke for a few years and then quit if you're strong-willed enough to follow through on your self-imposed limits.

No, I'm not saying that quitting smoking is a matter of mind over matter, I'm saying that limiting yourself to a very low intake (say, 3-5 cigarettes on weekends) probably is, for most people, a matter of will. I'm sure quitting is pretty hard once you've been smoking a lot for even just a few months, and just being strong-willed won't be enough for most people in that situation. But as someone who's casually smoked periodically over the last two years, I've never found it hard to skip a few weeks or months after having smoked a half a pack a weekend for a month or two. I smoke sometimes because I find it enjoyable in the company of some of my friends, or with a beer and a burger, or whatever. If you find that pleasurable and are strong-willed enough to limit it to JUST THAT and to quit even that after a few years, I don't see the problem.

diebitter
09-20-2005, 09:02 AM
try big fat cigars

Slow Play Ray
09-20-2005, 09:07 AM
I smoke a butt occasionally, but I'm usually drunk, cuz when I'm sober I hate the taste/smell. There have been nights when I've smoked an entire pack (usually in a strip club), and I am quite confident I will never be addicted to cigarettes.

*Edit* I agree with everything Jake said.

Mars357
09-20-2005, 09:37 AM
for maximum buzz, try a clove... the local smoke shop will know what you are talking about....

Slow Play Ray
09-20-2005, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
for maximum buzz, try a clove... the local smoke shop will know what you are talking about....

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very true. these things f you up.

imported_The Vibesman
09-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Couple of friends of my once rolled up and smoked some horses**t. No word of a lie. Try that.

As a longtime cigarette smoker (more than half of my 30 years) I would not recommend taking it up in any way to any one. And I enjoy the hell out of smoking.

shakingspear
09-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Lucky Strikes. Start now, tell me what you think.

Vish
09-20-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like smoking a lollipop.

Vish
09-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Try Nat Sherman cigarettes. They're a bit expensive at about $6 a pack, but they're really good. And you're smoking really casually anyway, so it won't be bad. Quality is better than quantity when it comes to smoking.

rmarotti
09-20-2005, 02:04 PM
The few times I have attempted to quit I have made it ~1wk and the first cig after the week gave me a buzz. This may be a function of me haveing a bajillion nic receptors from years of pack/day smoking though.

Edit to say: Shout out to Grand Rapids. I grew up in Kalamazoo.

TheWorstPlayer
09-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Since I, too, just smoke socially, I find that I often smoke cigarettes in bunches. So I don't smoke for a few weeks and then I smoke a few when I go out with friends and then I don't smoke again for a few weeks. I get buzzed every time. I used to smoke more regularly, though, maybe a pack a week or so and then I would only rarely get buzzed. I agree with you that the feeling is great. But just smoke whenever you feel like it and you will see how frequently you feel like it. This will be affected by many things including your own personal buzz threshold.

cbfair
09-20-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

As a longtime cigarette smoker (more than half of my 30 years) I would not recommend taking it up in any way to any one. And I enjoy the hell out of smoking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo! Sure, it's probably possible to maintain status as a casual smoker, but how many addicts started with this intention? Its a serious question, while I don't have the answer, I'm sure that most if not all nicotine addicts didn't start with the intention of becoming addicted.

I've quit smoking more times than I can count, sometimes for years. It's been almost 18 months since I've had a cigarette and there is no way I will allow myself to enjoy even one cigarette (sadly, probably not a cigar /images/graemlins/frown.gif either) ever again. I know that if I have one cigarette, I'll probably smoke another one in a week or so then another in a couple of days, then 2 one day and none for 3 more, then I'll just smoke one a day for a week and then I'm done; I'll smoke 10-20 cigs a day for several months before quitting again and shorten my life by that amount.

If you've ever been addicted to cigarettes then you know it goes about like that, if you haven't you may think I'm crazy or weak. Either way, my advice is the same. Don't start! there are much better ways to get a buzz, try one of those. Hell, smoke a joint if you want the buzz. It tastes better anyway. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

09-20-2005, 03:59 PM
I've been smoking now for about 5 years. Usually camel lights or malboro lights. I'd estimate I have smoked on average less than one pack per month in that time, but I could be way off. I am not addicted, and I think the key to this is to always be aware of the dangers of addiction, and frequently take time off, some number of weeks, where you don't smoke ANY, partly to prove to yourself that you aren't addicted.

No matter how rarely you smoke, the "buzz" will always be diminishing, there's no avoiding it.

YourFoxyGrandma
09-20-2005, 04:22 PM
It might not be your style, but for casual smoking, hookahs can be really nice. Setup is easy, but takes long enough so that it would be really inconvenient to do it all the time. Pick up a jar of flavored tobacco for $5 and you're set for a few months.

WackityWhiz
09-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Go light up a J and get back to us.. cigs are disgusting

4_2_it
09-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Chesterfields or anything else without that damn filter (If you can roll your own, just get a tobacco pouch). This works well for three reasons: 1) you get a stronger buzz 2) you look cool rolling yours own cigs and 3)most importantly, you are speeding up your appointment with death by a good 10-15 years which will leave more money in social security for the rest of us.

Wake up CALL
09-20-2005, 05:36 PM
You can get the same buzz just by breathing into a paper bag for 30 seconds. Save your money and jut buy more paper bags.

Sponger15SB
09-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Does anyone out there think captzeebo is bruiser's gimmick account?

I mean seriously, they are way too similar.

SomethingClever
09-20-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. Every time I drink I feel like smoking. But I don't do it that often because my wife hates it.

She's been out of town for 3 weeks; needless to say I've smoked it up a bit.

But yeah, I have no desire to smoke unless I've been drinking. Guess I'm lucky.

cdxx
09-20-2005, 06:57 PM
wacky tobaccy. and not even close buzz-wise.

cwsiggy
09-20-2005, 07:04 PM
Switch to alcohol, or make up for the lack of smokes by drinking more. Your body will thank you.

BradleyT
09-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Right. When I first started smoking I sure as hell wasn't smoking a pack a day like I am now. It was more like a pack a week.

lem45216
09-20-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I just learned how to smoke ( 21 years old ).

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, who the hell starts smoking at 21? I thought it was something you either start when your 12-14 i.e. under the legal age, or you become completely against smoking for the rest of your life and only do it when you're very drunk. What prompted you to start at 21?

newhizzle
09-20-2005, 09:03 PM
stop smoking now and never ever smoke another cigarette

i am serious

edit: i didnt start by smoking a pack+ a day

lem45216
09-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Amen to that.

mikech
09-20-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I just learned how to smoke (21 years old). I absolutely LOVE the buzz I get from smoking, but I hear that if you smoke too often you lose the buzz (and will get addicted to smoking). I have no intention of getting addicted; I'm pretty sure I can control myself. What frequency can I smoke and still expect to get a buzz everytime I smoke?

If it was only 1 cigarette per week, I'd be fine with that. But the last thing I want to do is get addicted and/or lose the buzz I get from smoking. Also, what brands do you guys like for casual smoking? I've only tried marlbro red medium 100s (or something like that) and some sort of Swisher Sweets.

Also, let's say I actually stick to only smoking once every other day or something, how unhealthy is this for me?

[/ QUOTE ]
i have no idea why everyone's jumping on you for this post. i was a social smoker thruout college, smoked a clove on the night i graduated, and haven't had a single puff in the years since. like you, i enjoyed the buzz i got from cigarettes: it was better than any buzz i ever had from drinking, the buzz hit me faster than drinking, and it was cheaper since i almost always just bummed a smoke from smoker friends (i have bought one pack of cigarettes in my lifetime). as for frequency, it was sporadic; sometimes i'd go weeks without a smoke, and at other stretches i'd smoke prob'ly half-a-pack or more a week if i went out to bars 2 or 3 nights that week; i never lost the buzz. i knew many other ppl who were also casual/social smokers, and at least in my case, i had no trouble whatsoever stopping.

uw_madtown
09-20-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i am serious

[/ QUOTE ]

This is kind of silly. It's like saying crack addicts didn't start with crack, they started with alcohol and weed. Yeah, that's true, but not everyone who starts with alcohol and weed is destined to follow that progression.

Do you really mean to say that even if you had been determined when you started to never ever smoke more than say 5 cigarettes a week, you could not have resisted the pull of nicotine that has turned you into a pack a day smoker?

09-20-2005, 11:06 PM
I have smoked since I was 5 years old.

Up to 2 packs a day now.

Quit while you can,Idiot. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

newhizzle
09-20-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i am serious

[/ QUOTE ]

This is kind of silly. It's like saying crack addicts didn't start with crack, they started with alcohol and weed. Yeah, that's true, but not everyone who starts with alcohol and weed is destined to follow that progression.

Do you really mean to say that even if you had been determined when you started to never ever smoke more than say 5 cigarettes a week, you could not have resisted the pull of nicotine that has turned you into a pack a day smoker?

[/ QUOTE ]

its a very stupid idea to start smoking with the goal of only smoking a few a week, you will start wanting more once you stop getting the buzz

uw_madtown
09-20-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its a very stupid idea to start smoking with the goal of only smoking a few a week, you will start wanting more once you stop getting the buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

Simply desiring the buzz does not automatically compell you to up your smoking, does it?

crookedhat99
09-20-2005, 11:52 PM
uh...wtf.. how about u just don't smoke? Smoking is gay. 'buzzes' are gay. and even if u think u can pull off casual smoking, why risk getting addicted?

MINETZ
09-21-2005, 12:18 AM
Rent half baked and roll up a blunt.

newhizzle
09-21-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
uh...wtf.. how about u just don't smoke? Smoking is gay. 'buzzes' are gay. and even if u think u can pull off casual smoking, why risk getting addicted?

[/ QUOTE ]

mikech
09-21-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is stupid. if a guy knocks back a couple beers is he gonna be an alcoholic? if i light up an occasional joint am i automatically a pothead? i won't say you're "gay," but you're worse than nancy reagan.

crookedhat99
09-21-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is stupid. if a guy knocks back a couple beers is he gonna be an alcoholic? if i light up an occasional joint am i automatically a pothead? i won't say you're "gay," but you're worse than nancy reagan.

[/ QUOTE ]

k i read your post like 4 times to try and find any relavence to my post and i couldn't find any. in case u missed it, what i said was smoking is stupid because many times u can't control whether u do it 'casually' or become addicted. and if u get addicted, ur [censored]...so why do it?? OH YEA, AND IT'S GAY.

http://www.pinkdome.com/archives/nancy-reagan-color.jpg

uw_madtown
09-21-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because personal experience with casual smoking tells me I won't get addicted and become a regular smoker. And while I can respect that many find no enjoyment in smoking a cigarette (and will gladly refrain from smoking in their company), I personally DO enjoy a cigarette when I'm drunk and at a bar, or when I'm having a nice steak or burger.

By your logic, I also wouldn't drink or play poker, two things which I thoroughly enjoy, simply because there was a slight risk. And I'd rather go through my life doing the things that bring me enjoyment than worry about whether someone else thinks they're "gay."

crookedhat99
09-21-2005, 01:27 AM
looking at it from after you've successfully become a casual smoker it's not that bad, but it's the act of becoming a casual smoker that's gay. I just can't imagine anybody w/ an average IQ smoking a cigaret for the first time.

InchoateHand
09-21-2005, 02:05 AM
I also smoke socially. I'm just very social. All by myself.

Vish
09-21-2005, 02:58 AM
Arguments like "there's no point to starting" make no sense. There are plenty of reasons to smoke: it tastes good, it's great after a meal, some people get a buzz, some think it makes them look cool, whatever. So if OP thinks he can avoid getting addicted (and this is by no means impossible or even that difficult, IMO) then shut the [censored] up already.

crookedhat99
09-21-2005, 03:07 AM
there's many other things that taste good/make u look cool/get u 'buzzed' that don't have the unfortunate side effect of killing you.

uw_madtown
09-21-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there's many other things that taste good/make u look cool/get u 'buzzed' that don't have the unfortunate side effect of killing you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arguing that a couple years of social smoking is going to kill you is really dumb.

newhizzle
09-21-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Arguments like "there's no point to starting" make no sense. There are plenty of reasons to smoke: it tastes good, it's great after a meal, some people get a buzz, some think it makes them look cool, whatever. So if OP thinks he can avoid getting addicted (and this is by no means impossible or even that difficult, IMO) then shut the [censored] up already.

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever, just dont come bitchin in two years when your hooked on something that you had absolutely no good reason to start

uw_madtown
09-21-2005, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
whatever, just dont come bitchin in two years when your hooked on something that you had absolutely no good reason to start

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that I do in fact get hooked on cigarettes from casual smoking, why would I come complaining when my entire point is that it's my own responsibility?

bygmesterf
09-21-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. You'll develop a tolerance pretty quick, eventually you will lose the buzz, and get a sense of "satisfaction" or impact from smoking. No buzz, unless you consume faily large amount of nicotine, such as from a big cigar or dipping.

2. I think that in general you can smoke 1-3 cigs a week without getting addicted, addiction to smoking has a large psychological element. You'll gradually lose your sense of fine taste if you become a regular smoker.

3. What to smoke is the eternal question? if you like cigarettes, The major National brands are all good, I personally think American Spirit is the best of the US packaged cigarettes. There are some very good roll-your-own tobacco's around these days.

Of course if you really like cigarette's try Djarum Special's, clove cigarette's are just plain the best smoking experience around IMHO.

Cigar's are fun, of the cheap drugstore cigar's I like Backwoods Black (unlike alot of folks I don't mind flavored tobacco.) Of real cigar's H Upmann, or Zino Davidoff. Macanudo's are a good mild cigar for the starting smoker.

Pipes are probably the most interesting though.

4. It's a very unhealthy habit, in every possible way smoking is bad for you. Nonsmoker's really don't like smokers, and in general people will think you are an idiot for smoking, and they will be right. Omni and Eclipse are the only two "Reduced Harm" cigarette's on the market. Both of them are fascinating products, but rather rare.

If your looking for the nicotine buzz, snuff/chew is much safer than any form of smoking tobacco.

bygmesterf
09-21-2005, 04:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Recent studies at Winston-Salem State University, ( http://www.wssu.edu/ ) have concluded that "Winston tastes good like a cigarette should" and that "More doctor's smoke Camel, than any other brand"

Malachii
09-21-2005, 04:34 AM
If you want a "buzz" from smoking, I think you're smoking the wrong stuff.

Malachii
09-21-2005, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
was a social smoker thruout college, smoked a clove on the night i graduated, and haven't had a single puff in the years since. like you, i enjoyed the buzz i got from cigarettes: it was better than any buzz i ever had from drinking, the buzz hit me faster than drinking, and it was cheaper since i almost always just bummed a smoke from smoker friends (i have bought one pack of cigarettes in my lifetime).

[/ QUOTE ]
Smoking cigarettes is really the ultimate expression of conformity and sign of having a weak personality. I personally find smoking extremely distasteful, not so much because of the health risks as because of what it says about the person in question and their need for approval from their peers.

pearljam
09-21-2005, 04:49 AM
I have been smoking about 10-12 a day for the last 2 weeks (no prior experience), and I still get an awsome buzz from it. I will quit in a few more days.

no this is not a joke

mikech
09-21-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
was a social smoker thruout college, smoked a clove on the night i graduated, and haven't had a single puff in the years since. like you, i enjoyed the buzz i got from cigarettes: it was better than any buzz i ever had from drinking, the buzz hit me faster than drinking, and it was cheaper since i almost always just bummed a smoke from smoker friends (i have bought one pack of cigarettes in my lifetime).

[/ QUOTE ]
Smoking cigarettes is really the ultimate expression of conformity and sign of having a weak personality. I personally find smoking extremely distasteful, not so much because of the health risks as because of what it says about the person in question and their need for approval from their peers.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf are you talking about? the majority of americans DON'T SMOKE, so the majority of anyone's peers are NON-SMOKERS. so if someone was seeking approval from his peers wouldn't he choose NOT TO SMOKE? my god, some of the responses in this thread are astonishingly dumb.

Malachii
09-21-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so if someone was seeking approval from his peers wouldn't he choose NOT TO SMOKE?

[/ QUOTE ]
This argument is so obviously flawed on so many levels that it's not even worth a response. Convince me how knowingly poisoning yourself "because you're a social smoker" is NOT a symptom of blatant conformity.

MyTurn2Raise
09-21-2005, 05:21 AM
switch to shrooms...you won't regret it

mikech
09-21-2005, 05:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. You'll develop a tolerance pretty quick, eventually you will lose the buzz, and get a sense of "satisfaction" or impact from smoking. No buzz, unless you consume faily large amount of nicotine, such as from a big cigar or dipping.

2. I think that in general you can smoke 1-3 cigs a week without getting addicted, addiction to smoking has a large psychological element. You'll gradually lose your sense of fine taste if you become a regular smoker.

3. What to smoke is the eternal question? if you like cigarettes, The major National brands are all good, I personally think American Spirit is the best of the US packaged cigarettes. There are some very good roll-your-own tobacco's around these days.

Of course if you really like cigarette's try Djarum Special's, clove cigarette's are just plain the best smoking experience around IMHO.

Cigar's are fun, of the cheap drugstore cigar's I like Backwoods Black (unlike alot of folks I don't mind flavored tobacco.) Of real cigar's H Upmann, or Zino Davidoff. Macanudo's are a good mild cigar for the starting smoker.

4. It's a very unhealthy habit, in every possible way smoking is bad for you. Nonsmoker's really don't like smokers, and in general people will think you are an idiot for smoking, and they will be right. Omni and Eclipse are the only two "Reduced Harm" cigarette's on the market. Both of them are fascinating products, but rather rare.

If your looking for the nicotine buzz, snuff/chew is much safer than any form of smoking tobacco.

[/ QUOTE ]
finally, an objective, informative, and non-judgmental post. instead of the finger-wagging, "you'll get addicted," "smoking will kill you" idiocy that's been going on.

fwiw, i've smoked less than a carton of cigarettes in my whole life, my mom smokes and i've been urging her to quit for years, i would not date a girl who smokes, and i'm glad nyc passed the law prohibiting smoking in bars. all that being said, i enjoyed smoking! the enjoyment was outweighed by the health risks, the bad smell, the general nastiness of the habit, so i stopped. but who am i to tell anyone else that they can't decide otherwise? i suppose all you just-say-no nits also want to reinstate prohibition (alcohol will kill your liver and brain cells; alcoholism destroys families and lives)? do you ever eat red meat? i hear that's bad for you too. have you ever been in a car and not fastened your seatbelt? do you stay inside a frickin' bubble to protect you from all the microbes surrounding you? sheesh.

if the OP wants to be a casual smoker, he should go ahead. if he thinks he can do it in moderation and has the self-discipline not to get addicted, he knows better than we do whether or not that's true. i've told him that in my own experience it can certainly be done and wasn't at all a big deal. and if he does get addicted, guess what, it's his life, he can do whatever he wants with it.

uw_madtown
09-21-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so if someone was seeking approval from his peers wouldn't he choose NOT TO SMOKE?

[/ QUOTE ]
This argument is so obviously flawed on so many levels that it's not even worth a response. Convince me how knowingly poisoning yourself "because you're a social smoker" is NOT a symptom of blatant conformity.

[/ QUOTE ]

His point was that smokers are pretty reviled by a most of the population, and it has even become acceptable to openly heckle them for smoking. It turns more people away than it turns on. This is true.

Your point is that social smokers smoker to be a part of a group, which is also true, as it becomes an us vs. them thing, and you can become part of a smoking circle.

You're overlooking that people who smoke socially don't necessarily smoke ONLY as a social activity. They may enjoy the taste/smell of tobacco (alone, in combination with beer, meat, etc), or may like the effect a rare dose of nicotine has on them.

Even smoking purely as a social activity is not always "blatant conformity." I have friends who were my friends before I ever had smoked a single cigarette. They were no more or less accepting of me then as they are now. And I certainly don't smoke with them to gain their acceptance or approval. It's because I enjoy a cigarette now and then, but not enough to buy a pack myself -- so the main opportunity to smoke is when in a social situation with friends who are smokers.

I'm sure there are plenty of social smokers who are suffering from blatant conformity as you are saying, but to say all social smoking is a form of balatant conformity is stupid, because it's not true.

mikech
09-21-2005, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
the same way going out and grabbing a beer with your buddies (thereby knowingly poisoning yourself) makes you a conformist with a weak personality i guess. i smoked cuz i enjoyed it. i stopped cuz i decided my enjoyment of it didn't override other concerns. how hard is that to understand? and did i suddenly become a non-conformist with a strong personality the instant i finished my last cigarette?

newhizzle
09-21-2005, 05:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that I do in fact get hooked on cigarettes from casual smoking, why would I come complaining when my entire point is that it's my own responsibility?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a point ill accept

scrub
09-21-2005, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Start out smoking whatever sorority girl cigarettes you started smoking in a pathetic attempt to get laid by a drunk girl who smoked.

When those stop giving you the high you crave, switch to Marlboro Reds in a pathetic attempt to look cool.

Then, switch to Nat Classics.

Then, switch to Luckies.

Eventually realize you get out of breath eating cereal, and quit.

scrub

newhizzle
09-21-2005, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in my oppinion, spirits suck, cloves will become nasty once you smoke more than one or so and are horrible for you, and eclipses are [censored] disgusting, although vaporizing cigarettes is an interesting idea, smoke p-funks, there the dank, if youre going to smoke i mean

captZEEbo1
09-21-2005, 05:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I just learned how to smoke ( 21 years old ).

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, who the hell starts smoking at 21? I thought it was something you either start when your 12-14 i.e. under the legal age, or you become completely against smoking for the rest of your life and only do it when you're very drunk. What prompted you to start at 21?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never had any desire to try smoking before b/c of health risks and I always thought it was kind've stupid. Then I kinda wanted to just learn how and experience it myself so I could properly judge it. I'm in the same camp as a lot of you that smoking is a really dumb thing to get addicted to. However, I think the percentage I get addicted is < 2%. I enjoy it when I smoke, and I don't see any reason to not smoke 1 or 2 a week. Plus I was just watching Die Hard and Bruce Willis looks really cool when he smokes!!!!111!!

jason_t
09-21-2005, 05:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Start out smoking whatever sorority girl cigarettes you started smoking in a pathetic attempt to get laid by a drunk girl who smoked.

When those stop giving you the high you crave, switch to Marlboro Reds in a pathetic attempt to look cool.

Then, switch to Nat Classics.

Then, switch to Luckies.

Eventually realize you get out of breath eating cereal, and quit.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

uw_madtown
09-21-2005, 05:51 AM
You keep saying you wanted to "learn" how to smoke.

What?

What's there to learn?

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Can I get a diagram?

captZEEbo1
09-21-2005, 05:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's there to learn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't figure out how to inhale it and blow it out....
I kept either inhaling (possibly down wrong pipe) and coughing out, or just having it hover in my mouth and then I blow out.

oreogod
09-21-2005, 07:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I smoked 3 years...usually at least half a pack a day. My gf didnt believe it when I told her I could stop easily. So I stopped about 4 months ago, I still have the half pack left on my desk. I could start smoking again, I like to smoke actually...but there is no need. I will probably start up again when my bro gets back in a week...he smokes occasionally and I will probably join him.

TheWorstPlayer
09-21-2005, 08:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's there to learn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't figure out how to inhale it and blow it out....
I kept either inhaling (possibly down wrong pipe) and coughing out, or just having it hover in my mouth and then I blow out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it's not intuitive really. Especially if you want to blow smoke rings or do the little cloud of smoke and then inhale trick (like John Travolta). In any case, all these guys are nits. Read my previous post and have a good time. I hope we get to smoke a cig and drink a beer together at some point.

Vish
09-21-2005, 10:32 AM
If you're smoking just for the pleasure of the experience, try pipes and cigars. Pipe tobacco in particular has an incredible spectrum of flavor and nuance, more than any other form of tobacco.

ChipWrecked
09-21-2005, 10:37 AM
I heard on the news that the feds are going to make the cigarette companies bring out cigarettes that go out by themselves when left sitting.

This is funny because if they didn't put all that trash in the damn things, they would go out. Like cigars or the American Spirit cigs do.