PDA

View Full Version : Well played or massive suckout?

Nukid
09-20-2005, 07:29 AM
10-20 PLO8. UTG limps (2700 behind) UTG+2 limps (1600 behind) cutoff +1 raises to 40 (750 behind) I call from button with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif (2600 behind). I know it's kind of loose in O8, but these players are playing poorly and I might get paid off big. Both blinds fold, and both limpers call. Pot size $187.
Flop comes J /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Giving me top set on a straight board with flush draw. UTG pots, UTG+2 folds, CO+1 calls, I call. Seeeing as UTG would probably lead at the pot with something as week as two pair, should I be raising here?

Turn is the 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, which increases my draws, but almost insures that someone has the nuts. UTG bets pot (748), cutoff+1 is all in for $550, this is a straight forward call with one other caller?

9 pairs on river, UTG bets $400, I only have $1700, how much should I raise?

09-20-2005, 08:54 AM
Flop:
Given your read on UTG, I think a case could be made for raising here to see where you are at. Considering that CO+1 just called, which screams flush draw, you are really only worried about UTG having the made straight. Repotting here might just win you the hand uncontested.

Turn:
Given the flush and boat redraws, you certainly have enough equity to make that turn call.

River:
You want to raise as much as you think will get called. The only hand that beats you is 9-9-x-x and you just can't worry about that. You've likely got the nuts, so you have to make the decision based solely upon the amount you think UTG will call. (He might just fold to any raise though.)

Filip
09-20-2005, 09:04 AM
His 400 bet on the river reeks stopbet to me. This gives me 2 betting options imho, either min raise or push.

The only problem is the all in player that will provide UTG with a showdown if he folds.

Min raise is milking and kinda donkish. With a player aldready all-in feels dumb.

I advocate push, the river pairing is an obvious scarecard. And at this level i hope u got some thinking opponents who will recognize that his 400 can be considerd a blockingbet and that u will take a stab at the pot with busted draw/split pot str8. Another thing to consider is metagame reasons since it will be a showdown and this will hopefully give you bluffing potential on future hands.

Acesover8s
09-20-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm real tempted to push the turn here. Theres nothing you're very far behind, and if theres any chance he'll fold a jackhi straight its huge for you.

It also prevents you from making any tough decisions on the river if a card like the Th hits on the river.

bugstud
09-20-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm real tempted to push the turn here. Theres nothing you're very far behind, and if theres any chance he'll fold a jackhi straight its huge for you.

It also prevents you from making any tough decisions on the river if a card like the Th hits on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

in plo8?

Acesover8s
09-20-2005, 04:31 PM
No, sorry, missed that it was o/8.