PDA

View Full Version : Ruling?

iMcompliKted
09-20-2005, 05:57 AM
A player unintentionally exposes a card in a Omaha Hi Lo ring game before the flop. The player next to him is the only one to see it. "Card exposed! You must show that card to everyone because I saw it!" he screams. The player shows everyone the card and play resumes. The player who exposed the card plays and the one who made the fuss doesn't even play his hand. First, I know I'm not showing my card to everyone in that situation. That guy should mind his own business in my opinion. Second, there's no way I'm going to tip off if I've seen a card whether I'm in the hand or not. Now if a card is exposed by the dealer and goes back in the deck I understand everyone should know what that card is. I think my reactions were common sense ones, but I just wanted a technical ruling on what happened in this particular case. Does he really have to expose his card?

http://thispokerlife.blogspot.com

Photoc
09-20-2005, 06:06 AM
Show one show all applies here, even if it's unintentional. If one player can clearly identify what the card was, then all players have the same right to that information as that player.

09-20-2005, 10:41 AM
You're correct about the dealer's error. Everyone is informed of an accidentally exposed card. "Show one, show all."

As to the guy seeing the card and calling for exposure to everyone, I think you're now in the "ethics" area. That's been discussed in a number of threads.

I think it's strange that the guy "screams" about everyone being able to share his knowledge and then not playing the hand. Maybe he had a hard-on for you. Had you been beating him or had you done anything to piss him off? He had no equity in the hand. We'll never know if seeing your card influence his decision to not play.

youtalkfunny
09-20-2005, 10:52 AM
I guess you didn't see the part where he said they were playing OMAHA HI LO. That's all the explanation you need. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

09-20-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

...didn't see the part where he said they were playing OMAHA HI LO...

[/ QUOTE ]

ooops. That part didn't register. My bad. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Ohaha Hi/Lo defined:
1.) Four cards are dealt to each player. It doesn't matter what they are so no one looks at them. A round of betting ensues.

2.) Three community cards are dealt face up. It doesn't matter what they are so no one pays any attention to them. A round of betting ensues.

3.) A fourth card is dealt face up. (see 2) If raises have not yet been made, they surely begin at this point.

4.) A final card is dealt face up. (see 3) Check raising, raising and bet capping quickly occur.

5.) All hole cards are now turned up. A long discussion, coupled with bickering, cursing, spitting, yelling and name-calling is now required. The dealer attempts to push the chips in the direction of the wrong hand(s). More yelling, cursing, aspersion-casting erupts. In a much nastier tone and considerably increased decibels.

The Floor Manager is called over. After determining the winning combinations of cards, uttering many calming words and dispensing comps, he equitably and correctly dispenses the chips. Serenity is once again attained.

6.) Repeat Step 1.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Photoc
09-20-2005, 04:51 PM
So you've played at the Orleans recently I take it?